Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
cherkei

Post by cherkei » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:27 pm

wenhwa wrote:wenhwa, how much you paying for all these?
About 6 to 7k[/quote]

can i know what implant they using? :oops:

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:42 pm

oh, one more thing, is there any PS who does computer imaging?

Eustacia

K.K Lim @ Sultan Plaza

Post by Eustacia » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:10 pm

Hi all,
I have a few friends went to Dr k k Lim @ Sultan plaza for upper eyelid only @ $1300 included consulation , medicine & the surgury. Have called the clinic & spoken to the doctor. Good advise given.I think will have the upp eyelid done with him

Have anyone heard of Dr kk Lim?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:17 pm

Hi,

Yes, i am quite happy with my new nose... hee. Yap, i am currently leading a carefree and happy life, and i am sure i am able to find a guy better than that jerk :)
Plas wrote:hi jovin personally i think yur nose looks decently nice (not the plastic look) not to mention its significant height. I like the bridge between your eyes, very prominent. I am happy for you as I believe you are now more confident and comfortable with yourself. I believe with your new look and pleasant character (judging from the thread you have posted), you will definitely find a better guy than your ex. (sorry to mention about him) but I can't help it but to reassure it.

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:52 pm

Oh her nose is nice, suits her face :)

yah, in Taipei, the surgeons always emphasize on natural looking.

Mesotherapy huh... errrr ... when i cannot tahan any part of my body, i will do! hee... but at the moment, i think no need lah.

mountain wrote:Jovin,
what do you think about Korean actresses
like Chae Rim...she had her nose done..

what do you think of her nose?

I agree with the previous post..
your nose has considerable height..
but still maintains its natural look..very nice.

OH are you going to do mesotherapy?

I wonder if it's as effective as it sounds.
I'd love to get rid of those cellulites.

:D

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 3:54 pm

Hmmm, after surgery, it's better not to swim/sauna/steambath for 2 weeks (or was it 1 month? hee can't remember). But after you recover, you can do whatever you like!
giraffe wrote:Jovin, I agree with everything you have said. I don't much care for a popular PS but I want someone who is competent and realistic. I am not looking for perfection but it better be an improvement at any rate! My case: I have a deviated septum which I was advised to correct as a teenager. I am 31 now and I am having more difficulty breathing now with my nose. Since I have to get this done I just want to make sure I get the best esthetic outcome. I'd just like to know why PSs from NUH, SGH, and other government places arnt well known for their work in this area. I want a good one (of course, every surgery has risks but an educated and well-informed one is what we all go for) popular or not.

And, do you know when swimming is allowed? I swim./snorkel/dive like weekly.....

Good stuff

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 7:25 pm

giraffe wrote:wenhwa, wow, that's a HUGE difference in price! If your surgeon is understanding to the patients needs, available post-op, and competent, then it's all good. Do you know if he shows before and after shots of his patients? Does he do the nose?
Actually he would be doing my chin and Dr. Jane Lim would be doing my nose. Its a 3 hour plus op. I went to other private doctors for consultation and some actually recommended me Dr. Lim Thiam Chye for the chin. So I am quite confident.

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 7:26 pm

cherkei wrote:
wenhwa wrote:wenhwa, how much you paying for all these?
About 6 to 7k
can i know what implant they using? :oops:[/quote]

No using implant.. I am just filing my jaw so that it gives a sharper look.

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 7:35 pm

wenhwa, Does your doc show before and after surgery pics? Does Dr. Lim do noses? Keep us posted after your surgery too. Are you going for a chin reduction?

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:30 pm

Nope, he didn't show me before and after photos. But no worries! I will start updating on the details the eve before my surgery!! But for those who had ALREADY had done the surgery, any advise or pointers to give me?

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:40 pm

hi jovin,

just to check ... how much did u pay for ur surgery in singapore dollars? me thinking of taipei too. the doc that u had recommended!! :P

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:12 am

Hi,

Oh i paid about S$1450 for my rhinoplasty in Taipei. Currency of Singapore quite strong now, so the exchange rate is even slightly better than last month when i did my nose. But actually, NTD$28000 after the exchange rate now, save like $20 or $30 only lah :P

2 gals in this forum (ahem, not convenient to mention who, unless they themselves admit :P) is joining me in Taipei next week for a nosejob with my doctor. I happens to have to go there for 2 weeks, so they have a roof over their head to heal their nose, and i have someone to yak to at night! hee... Can't help to take care of them as i need to work, but at least at night i can help tah bao dinner if their nose is too swollen to go out to eat :P

I had not asked before, but how much does it cost to do a nosejob in Singapore? Not with WW or MH of course. Because if it cost $3000, it will be almost the same whether you do in Singapore or Taipei. Air ticket to Taipei on China Airline will cost $660, nosejob $1450, accomodation $600 (hotel in Taipei not cheap. 4 star hotel will cost about $200 per night), cab to and fro airport plus around the city $120, food $100. But, again, if you like how those Taiwanese actresses looks like, then most likely you will like the result. I must emphasize that I am not saying local plastic surgeons no good or cannot match up to Taiwan Plastic Surgeons huh! :P but then, i must say that taiwan plastic surgeon's skills can match up to the koreans. In fact there are some clinics who do korean-style eyes, nose, etc. Of course don't just take a plane there and go to any clinic that catches your eyes lah, have to do research and get recommendation. You will be surprised how many plastic surgery clinics there are in Taipei alone! Walk along the street, look up and you will always see a signboard of a PS clinic. A street might have as many as 10 PS clinics. Not exaggerating...

Now that i have looked at my side profile in the mirror, i understand why PS always suggest a chin implant together with a nosejob. I look like a bird from side view, with strong nose but short and weak chin... hmmm, WW is right to say that he always suggest chin implant together with rhinoplasty :wink:

Chin implant also cost S$1450 in Taipei (with my doctor), in case you gals interested...

/Jovin
bryocketh wrote:hi jovin,

just to check ... how much did u pay for ur surgery in singapore dollars? me thinking of taipei too. the doc that u had recommended!! :P

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:13 am

Sorry are you referring to Dr. Hsu (who did my nose), or Jiang Xiao Shan? Dr. Jiang's clinic is closed for renovation until mid-Dec.

/Jovin
bryocketh wrote:hi jovin,

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 1:21 am

hih jovin! hehe im talking abt dr. jiang... but ur surgeon is god too!! me thinking of doing in end of dec tho!!! will u be in taipei? hehe if yes, at least i got someone to tok to!!!

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Fri, 25 Nov 2005 9:32 am

Oh Dr Jiang's clinic should be open by end Dec... the trip next week should be my last trip to Taipei, hence i won't be there end of Dec.

If you need any info about Taipei like where to stay etc, let me know :)
bryocketh wrote:hih jovin! hehe im talking abt dr. jiang... but ur surgeon is god too!! me thinking of doing in end of dec tho!!! will u be in taipei? hehe if yes, at least i got someone to tok to!!!