Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 4:24 pm

I don't need an augmentation, does this mean SG surgeons are better at it than Thai surgeons?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 4:44 pm

Hi,

http://www.gomap.com.tw/psbeauty/html/doctor.html

This is the PS whom i mentioned in my previous post, He's clinic is in Taipei, and he is quite famous and popular. His charges are not high too. Anyway, click on the links on the left hand side to read more info about eye surgery, nose surgery, face structure etc. Sorry, only for those who can read chinese :P

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 6:06 pm

Jovlin,

I am considering Singapore and Thailand. Taiwan is unfamiliar with language restriction. Any Singapore docs you found good for any particular procedure?

jan_sg85

hey

Post by jan_sg85 » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 6:21 pm

hey ppl,cherkei suggested going in 2 different groups,which i tink is alright..because 6 ppl goin together might nt be able 2 do the op together wif dr.sukit.so pls email me asap ok?see when u ppl wanna go.mid or early jan>>?

wenhwa
Regular
Regular

Post by wenhwa » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:45 pm

Hello All!! I am going for my chin and nose surgery next thursday!! Its going to be done by the Head & Assistant Head of NUH. Any advises that you gals can give me about recoverying and things to watch out for?

Eustacia

Re: wanna get a nose job and contour my face shape

Post by Eustacia » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:29 pm

confused wrote:i heard many things regarding singapore surgeons are not good at doing nose job? is it true? any surgeons to recommend?? i just want a slightly higher bridge for my nose, something natural. and so far, i've not heard any surgeon in singapore that does face contouring, as my face shape is not balanced.. my left side of the face is slightly fatter than my right.. anyone can recommend any surgeon that does face contouring to provide a better face shape?

and to those who wanna know about double eyelid surgery.. i had mine done 3-4 years ago at gleaneagles with Dr Wong. he is really a man with few words.. but he does a natural job. nobody know i did a surgery. but please aware that.. eyelid surgery doesn't last forever, as years goes by the double eyelids will come down slightly and will slowly become smaller but still natural. his price is reasonable, i did at $1400 but now it's $1600. but for people who prefer really dramatic different big eyes, maybe u can try other surgeons because he will insist on doing something natural for u. dr. woffles wu is way too expensive, and dr. martin huang is his good friend by the way. both of them are famous because of the media.. i feel that's just the case.

so anyone who did a nose job pls recommend me?? i'm very confused and scared because nose is not a simple job. and anyone knows about face contouring?
Hi,
Can I have the contact no & complete name for Dr Wong who did the upp eyelid for you?thks

Eustacia

Post by Eustacia » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:33 pm

justabitch wrote:Hi everyone :P

Actually I just gave Dr Fong a call yesterday. I will say his nurse was really helpful (which scores brownie points already) and his charges are really reasonable in comparison. However, there are no past surgery photos to view (due to patient privacy). Dr Fong has got 15 years of experience and a personal friend has gone to him for eyelid surgery was really happy with what she has gotten ie natural looking. I myself am considering consulting him.

As per someone's earlier comment. I think it's impt to go for a first time consultation. It's better to spend that $100 per session to touch base with the person who's gotten cut you up, rather then to base it all on a well known name.

Hi, anyone went to Dr Fong for upp eyelid ? how is the result? Can someone give me his contact no.?

Cheers

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 1:05 am

wenhwa, can you tell me why you chose that doctor? Good luck with your surgery and all the best! Come back and let us know how you are doing!

cherkei

Post by cherkei » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:01 am

wenhwa wrote:Hello All!! I am going for my chin and nose surgery next thursday!! Its going to be done by the Head & Assistant Head of NUH. Any advises that you gals can give me about recoverying and things to watch out for?
wenhwa, how much you paying for all these?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:03 am

Hi,

Martin Huang is not too bad, but his charges will make you think really very very careful whether or not you should go ahead.

Bangkok is cheap, and they had done alot of surgeries hence experience-wise they are still not too bad.

Taipei is ok too, as everyone is chinese and at least they won't put a american nose on your face :P Look at those taiwanese actresses and singers... i bet 90% of them did something to their face, breast and body. The result says it all :) Compare last time's photo of Jolin Chai and current photo. Suddenly turned prettier?! bullshit... bet she did her eyes, nose, cheeks...

Malaysia...erm... maybe there are a few good one, but don't know hide where... hee.

Korea of course is the leader in plastic surgery, but somehow, i don't like the look of koreans.

Japan of course good too, but the living expenses and the fee is enough to make you eat maggie mee for the next couple of months.

/Jovin
giraffe wrote:Jovlin,

I am considering Singapore and Thailand. Taiwan is unfamiliar with language restriction. Any Singapore docs you found good for any particular procedure?

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:08 am

Hi!

I had only done my nose. But, don't worry lah, nothing to prepare! Of course after surgery you have to be diligent and apply cold pack. It helps to reduce swell faster.

After your chin surgery (i suppose is chin implant?), do let me know the procedure, and how does it feel after the surgery. Don't do already then disappear from this forum liao hor :P

/Jovin
wenhwa wrote:Hello All!! I am going for my chin and nose surgery next thursday!! Its going to be done by the Head & Assistant Head of NUH. Any advises that you gals can give me about recoverying and things to watch out for?

Plas

Chin AUgmentation

Post by Plas » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:15 am

Hey I am planning to do the chin implant in BKK.

Anyone has experience with chin implant? I want to know more also.

Jovinliu ru also considering chin implant?

giraffe
Regular
Regular

Post by giraffe » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:38 am

Jovin, Thanks !

I go to Singapore and Bangkok every now and then, that is why I am considering a surgeon in these two places. If Dr M Huang is very good and he has no patients who wants revisions then maybe the heavy price might be all worth it in the long term. I have also heard of Woffles Wu being one of the top 20 plastic surgeons in the world. Is this true? I just want to do this surgery once and not have to think about revisions...even if I pay a bit extra. If there are good surgeons who charge less, I'd definitely go for them of course, but how do I go about finding them? You have been an awesome source of helpful jovin, thanks again!

mountain

Post by mountain » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:41 am

Jovin,
Is there any reason you don't like
the looks of Korean plastic surgery?

Is that you in the avatar
You look so pretty..very natural looking...

:D

Plas

Post by Plas » Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:47 am

mountain what is avatar?