Singapore Expats

Oh, what a tangled web!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Clarissa

Oh, what a tangled web!

Post by Clarissa » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 1:45 am

How is it possible to love three at once? So this is how it feels for a man to have three wives - the third, you dearly love, the second you desire, the first you cannot let go!

The first has a much-loved girlfriend returned, in another clime, after he has spent some time with you, and now returns every month, from that clime - why he is still with you is a puzzle - perhaps physical! You have done away with the rest of the harem to practise abstinence but somehow this one still holds a special place in your heart because you fell in love with him when you thought he was unattached. How do you stop the physical activity but still remain very good friends?

The second, you fell in love with, within two weeks, months ago - who left for his hometown, heard from every once in a while, hurting you - your love lost, you are now healed, strong and independent. You have been wishing dearly for his return. He is back this week for some months and contacts you! He thought abstinence was in order before he left, to forge a stronger bond on return. Though you would have a longer time to get to know him, what if history repeats itself?

The third, you have been writing to without much attachment, then suddenly turns up two weeks ago, then leaves, to return in a few months, whom you now dearly love because he professes in profusion, his love for you almost every waking hour from abroad. You have fallen in love with him, you know you want to spend the rest of your life with him and be faithful to him but knew him not so well when he was here, though there was intimate contact. What if the poet's love wanes a few months after his return? Hmm - you've just tried calling him up on his Sunday morning when he's just sent you an email but the phone's cut off - he says he's on the line with a relative who can't stop talking for 2 hours?

What would you do??? I am deep turmoil!
Last edited by Clarissa on Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 8:45 am

I am deep turmoil!

Yes you are.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 9:13 am

Something about wanting cake and eating cake?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 9:49 pm

Collected, and calmer today - hopefully not the calm before the storm! Perhaps tis due to that time of the month when all things go south! Sentiments are still strong for subjects, though - waiting for nerves of steel to return.

Hmm - perhaps do a Houdini when 1 appears; and have nerves of steel with 2, as all same activities are involved - perhaps he'll stick to friendship? 3 - nurture and play the cards very carefully!
Something about wanting cake and eating cake?
Nay, my friend, far from epicurean - though the assortment delights, it always disappoints! A divine some, when partaken, touches the very depths and remains part embeddded, lost -
Ambrosia, however, remains elusive!

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Why to be clam

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 1:31 am

Clarissa wrote:...
Hmm - perhaps do a Houdini when 1 appears; and have nerves of steel with 2, as all same activities are involved - perhaps he'll stick to friendship? 3 - nurture and play the cards very carefully!
As of 3, they don't believe that life is a popularity contest so they tend to make just a few close friends rather than sparkle in a crowd on the party circuit.

Move it on . :P
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:12 pm

As of 3, they don't...
Sorry, must be daft this morning but all "3" as in "they" or just one?

A call last night dredging up the past necessitates reinforced steel nerves now!

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 1:59 pm

Can't decide? Than don't decide... Works for me everytime... Especially if i am hungry and i can't decide what i want.
:mrgreen:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:01 pm

samantha wrote:Can't decide? Than don't decide... Works for me everytime... Especially if i am hungry and i can't decide what i want.
:mrgreen:
so you just end up gobbling up everything? :mrgreen:

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:37 pm

No, I dun eat anything...
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:39 pm

fine... just don't eat me... :)

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

pooor

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 9:56 pm

samantha wrote:No, I dun eat anything...
OoopSss. now i knw why you look so poor ahh.. :-|
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » Sun, 27 Nov 2005 8:31 pm

Tangled webs - doing away with all three to become celibate - then again, being a player would be more fun, sans hang-ups! Feed and spew!

So a player, it is! Tis soon the season to be jolly - hang the three!