Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
monagy3

hello

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 6:45 pm

for us the 1st day was a 10 to 1(panel) interview..from there those who are chosen were required to attend a 1 to 1 interview..then we had to sit for a psychometry test...the following day was the kebaya fit and the water confidence test..this time everyone in my group got thru...we are not required to attend the management party on DEC2....there was 1 guy today 4 the water confidence test...the rest were all gurls...but can someone plz tell me if they check your height during training..my height is exactly 158 and at times it is measured as 157.5 or less...that was y i got rejected the earlier 2 times...this time i was lucky...will they reject u during training...if they remeasure u and realise if u r shorter?? i am not sure of my height..its really frustraiting..i checked in de clinic again n it says 158 but if icheck in a diff place it says 157..arghhhh..i think my height is fluctuating...
|[όμορφος]|

mizz_lov3ly

hye..

Post by mizz_lov3ly » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 9:08 pm

hye..can i know how to apply the stewardess form trough the internet? Can anybody tell me?...

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: hello

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:17 pm

monagy3 wrote:for us the 1st day was a 10 to 1(panel) interview..from there those who are chosen were required to attend a 1 to 1 interview..then we had to sit for a psychometry test...the following day was the kebaya fit and the water confidence test..this time everyone in my group got thru...we are not required to attend the management party on DEC2....there was 1 guy today 4 the water confidence test...the rest were all gurls...but can someone plz tell me if they check your height during training..my height is exactly 158 and at times it is measured as 157.5 or less...that was y i got rejected the earlier 2 times...this time i was lucky...will they reject u during training...if they remeasure u and realise if u r shorter?? i am not sure of my height..its really frustraiting..i checked in de clinic again n it says 158 but if icheck in a diff place it says 157..arghhhh..i think my height is fluctuating...
Congrats Monagy 3!

Don't think too much le! Since you got through everything, dun tink they will reject you anymore. Fly high and persue your dreams ok! Good Luck and have fun!

Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

monagy3

cabin crew online

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:27 pm

just go to the singapore airlines website...in the search box type cabin crew...just click on the link and then look for the instructions..download the aplication form and fill it up...and mail it back to them...

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp...

im worried bcoz the previous batch before me..about 20 of them were selected to go for the management party and only 9 were chosen from the final list...i cant help thinking too much and worryng about it...
|[όμορφος]|

monagy3

tips??

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:35 pm

anybody with any tips for the management interview please let me know...im sorry if im flooding this page up..but im on the brink of insanity rite now...u noe the feeling...so scared to hope...yet i dont want to give up...
|[όμορφος]|

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:08 pm

Monagy,

How many gals were there at the water confidence test ? Was that the only batch from the interview or was there another batch too ? When's your management interview ? Was it held in Singapore ?

monagy3

Re: SIA

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:37 pm

jozo wrote:Monagy,

How many gals were there at the water confidence test ? Was that the only batch from the interview or was there another batch too ? When's your management interview ? Was it held in Singapore ?

there were 17 gurls in de water confidence test..that was the only bathc i presume...management interview will be held in malaysia it self on de 2nd of Dec...

if u have any tips on the management interview do let me know k....
|[όμορφος]|

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:43 pm

Hi Monagy,

The management interview - just be yourself, remember to smile a lot and speak proper English. SHow them that you have what it takes to be a FA. As for your height, should not be a problem cos I have came across gals who are 1.57m ... again, this depends on the person measuring your height.

So there are 17 gals and 1 guy from your batch ? Which means that there are a total of 18 candidates selected from the Sunday interview ?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:46 pm

Ok, a serious reply. the management interview is really to see how you handle yourself in a business situation.

Be calm (easier said than doen, I know)
Be polite (but not subservient)
Be self-assured (but not arrogant)
Don't waffle on about trivialities
Let your character show

Remember that the selection committee sees hundreds of people in any given month - the fact that you have come do far is a good indication that you have the qualities they are looking for.

Pat yourself on the back for this, tell yourself 'well done' and now concentrate on your self-presentation skills.

Be yourself (unless you're an utter dill, of course) and show a bit of sophistication and intelligence.

Good luck and don't panic - in the end what will be, will be.

'nuff said Image

monagy3

Re: SIA

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:47 pm

jozo wrote:Hi Monagy,

The management interview - just be yourself, remember to smile a lot and speak proper English. SHow them that you have what it takes to be a FA. As for your height, should not be a problem cos I have came across gals who are 1.57m ... again, this depends on the person measuring your height.

So there are 17 gals and 1 guy from your batch ? Which means that there are a total of 18 candidates selected from the Sunday interview ?

thanx jozo....yep a total of 18 candidates from the sunday and monday interview...monday was the kebaya fitting and the water confidence test...
|[όμορφος]|

monagy3

thank you

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:55 pm

hey thanx a lot Vaucluse..really great advice...thank you to all those who have been taking the trouble to ease my plight here..im going to go and sleep now...have an exam tom..wish me luck..good nite ppl... :???: :D
|[όμορφος]|

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by KT » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:01 am

Seems like Mr 'cluse is out doing community service :wink:

A good advice, i must agree... alot can be taken from here to other situations as well.
Vaucluse wrote:Ok, a serious reply. the management interview is really to see how you handle yourself in a business situation.

Be calm (easier said than doen, I know)
Be polite (but not subservient)
Be self-assured (but not arrogant)
Don't waffle on about trivialities
Let your character show

Remember that the selection committee sees hundreds of people in any given month - the fact that you have come do far is a good indication that you have the qualities they are looking for.

Pat yourself on the back for this, tell yourself 'well done' and now concentrate on your self-presentation skills.

Be yourself (unless you're an utter dill, of course) and show a bit of sophistication and intelligence.

Good luck and don't panic - in the end what will be, will be.
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Height

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:16 am

monagy3 wrote:..my height is exactly 158 and at times it is measured as 157.5 or less...that was y i got rejected the earlier 2 times...this time i was lucky...will they reject u during training...if they remeasure u and realise if u r shorter?? i am not sure of my height..its really frustraiting..i checked in de clinic again n it says 158 but if icheck in a diff place it says 157..arghhhh..i think my height is fluctuating...
Min height required is 157 - 158, again it varies with the people there.

One of my collegue who is a canadian-chinese mix, had passed on with 156+ height and she is in service for the past 1year.

So nothing to panic loh, just do it. :twisted:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: thank you

Post by Vaucluse » Tue, 22 Nov 2005 9:22 am

monagy3 wrote:hey thanx a lot Vaucluse..really great advice...thank you to all those who have been taking the trouble to ease my plight here..im going to go and sleep now...have an exam tom..wish me luck..good nite ppl... :???: :D

Pleasure, Monagy3. Good luck and DON'T PANIC :)

(KT - Thanks for not highlighting my typos - - - - I should pay more attention)

'nuff said Image

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

12hours

Post by Scorpion » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 2:49 am

Wow.. :twisted: for more than 12hours there has been no posting on this thread.. :lol:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....