Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lamepiggy

Post by lamepiggy » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:41 am

i beg to differ...a slow warm smile is more sincere...than flashing your bright teeth every now and then: is very plastic...the interviewers are very experienced and they are able to detect it. pls remember to smile from your bottom of your heart

monagy3

height

Post by monagy3 » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:54 am

the last time i didnt get in it was because they checked my height again during the second day n decided that i was 0.5 cm shorter then the required height...i went back home n i checked my height again in the clicnic and i was 158 so dat is y im trying out again...how many times do they check your height?I am so worried...i really want to get in this time...im a malaysian and my interview is this sunday
|[όμορφος]|

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hello!

Post by Paige » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 5:25 pm

soar wrote:Hi Hi Paige, got something to ask you! Whats your email add? Thanks gal!
Hi soar,
I had PM you...
Cheers!
Paige

cranberriess

Re: height

Post by cranberriess » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:51 pm

monagy3 wrote:the last time i didnt get in it was because they checked my height again during the second day n decided that i was 0.5 cm shorter then the required height...i went back home n i checked my height again in the clicnic and i was 158 so dat is y im trying out again...how many times do they check your height?I am so worried...i really want to get in this time...im a malaysian and my interview is this sunday
they will check your height many times. but if you are just a bit shorter and the person measuring you height is nice, he/she may let you pass. this is what happen to my colleague, she was measured 157.5cm and she plead the nurse to let her pass and the nurse did.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:00 am

If you have your height measured early in the morning, you will be about 1 to 1.5 cm taller than if you measure your height late in the afternoon. If you don't believe me, measure your height when you first get up in the morning and then again just before going to bed. This is because during the day, your weight tends to force fluid out of the cushion pads between your vertebrate in your back during the day and then they are replenished during the night when laying flat due to no weight being supported.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

reshu

Suprising Indeed

Post by reshu » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 1:32 am

Hi to all,

Just wanted to inform everyone that I failed my medical in the end.

Suprisingly it was not due to my colorblindness nor X-Ray or anything.

I was called for 2nd medical because I was pes E during my National Service. Although my problem(Confi) had never recurred ever since my years from ORD, nor did it exist before my army days, I was failed anyway.

Well, the rejection is painful indeed, but let it be a becon to all male air stewards applying. Make sure u are not pes E, and if you are, get yourself upgraded to avoid this extremely painful situation.

Nevertheless, I wish everyone here best wishes for their interviews and feel free to PM me on whatever questions you may have :)

Once again, Best Wishes to all.

Mercury

Queries from a Chinese girl

Post by Mercury » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 6:28 pm

Dear friends, I just discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago and i found it so nice!

I am a chinese student currently studying in NUS. I will be graduating soon(now at my 4th year), and i am looking forward to being a stewadress of SIA.

Does any body know when will the next recruitment open? and do they recruit people with the chinese nationality?

Lots of thanks!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: Queries from a Chinese girl

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 8:17 pm

Mercury wrote:Dear friends, I just discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago and i found it so nice!

I am a chinese student currently studying in NUS. I will be graduating soon(now at my 4th year), and i am looking forward to being a stewadress of SIA.

Does any body know when will the next recruitment open? and do they recruit people with the chinese nationality?

Lots of thanks!
Hi Mercury,

I am looking forward for their recruitment drive as well. I was looking at the past messages, think the next recruitment is on April'06. No gaurantee but no harm waiting. Just look out for newspaper classified or go to their website frequently!

Happy Studying!
Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Re: Suprising Indeed

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 8:19 pm

reshu wrote:Hi to all,

Just wanted to inform everyone that I failed my medical in the end.

Suprisingly it was not due to my colorblindness nor X-Ray or anything.

I was called for 2nd medical because I was pes E during my National Service. Although my problem(Confi) had never recurred ever since my years from ORD, nor did it exist before my army days, I was failed anyway.

Well, the rejection is painful indeed, but let it be a becon to all male air stewards applying. Make sure u are not pes E, and if you are, get yourself upgraded to avoid this extremely painful situation.

Nevertheless, I wish everyone here best wishes for their interviews and feel free to PM me on whatever questions you may have :)

Once again, Best Wishes to all.
H Reshu,

Please do not feel sad or rejected as you tried your best and I'm sure you will find your future soon! Stay Happy!

Julie
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

Mercury

Thanks Julie!

Post by Mercury » Sun, 20 Nov 2005 9:03 pm

All the best !!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:50 am

I'm a 19 year old who have just graduated from ITE with a Higher National ITE Certification. Was thinking of taking up a Diploma in Travel and Tourism from MDIS as I thought it might be an advantage to apply for FA with SIA. Would they consider my application if I don't possess a Polytechnic diploma but a diploma from private institution?

When will the next SIA and SilkAir recruitment exercise be held?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

monagy3

height!!!

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 5:22 pm

when else do they measure the height?? they measure the height during the medical check up also or only during the interview???
|[όμορφος]|

monagy3

height?

Post by monagy3 » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 5:27 pm

wot is the attire required during medical??i manage to clear the 2nd round..now only the tea party left..im very nervous
|[όμορφος]|

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 5:43 pm

Hi Monagy, Congrats.

You need not go through the kebaya and water confidence round ? I thought that should be before the management and tea party round.
By the way, how many girls got through ? Were there any guys for that interview or purely for gals only ?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: height?

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 21 Nov 2005 6:06 pm

monagy3 wrote:wot is the attire required during medical??

Possibly very little . . . wot!

'nuff said Image