Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
soar

Age issue......

Post by soar » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 9:58 pm

Paige wrote:
soar wrote:Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?.
Hi Soar,
I was so happy to receive the invitation by SQ last monday... went for the 8.40am interview this morning... BUT... my group, only abt 4 gals got in i tink? Didn't really count, coz was hopping them to call my name? hehehe Well, those who gt kicked out was a ger, same age as me, a ger older then me etc... Those shortlisted were those younger gals <24, where us, 24> were all rejected. I juz dun understand that since they dun wana take in older gers, then y did they still shortlist us and give us hope? But well.. nvm... guess i had to try 1 last time...
Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Ladies, if my sources are correct, the unspoken cut off age for Ladies is 26 and Men 28.

Thus, Paige & Lucid80 & other ladies born in year 1979 & 1980 still meet tis unspoken requirement - which is why we all got invited in the first place?! However, this is merely a rule of thumb, and people above these ages get employed too. Why? Back to basics, it is the entire package they are looking for. The point im trying to make is AGE is one of the many criteria! So the 1980s and 1979s who did not get in, it is not your age that was the stumbling block..... It is the combination of other factors like height, weight, X factor etc.....

Imagine, 20 year old, pass height requirement, but cold smile and not sincere when speaking etc - do you think can get in? (No!)
Imagine, 26 year old, exactly 158, warm smile, sincere personality etc - do you think can get in? (Obviously Yes!)

hope this clarifies the mystery of the Age factor.....

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Age issue......

Post by Paige » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:20 pm

soar wrote:
Paige wrote:
soar wrote:Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?.
Hi Soar,
I was so happy to receive the invitation by SQ last monday... went for the 8.40am interview this morning... BUT... my group, only abt 4 gals got in i tink? Didn't really count, coz was hopping them to call my name? hehehe Well, those who gt kicked out was a ger, same age as me, a ger older then me etc... Those shortlisted were those younger gals <24, where us, 24> were all rejected. I juz dun understand that since they dun wana take in older gers, then y did they still shortlist us and give us hope? But well.. nvm... guess i had to try 1 last time...
Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Ladies, if my sources are correct, the unspoken cut off age for Ladies is 26 and Men 28.

Thus, Paige & Lucid80 & other ladies born in year 1979 & 1980 still meet tis unspoken requirement - which is why we all got invited in the first place?! However, this is merely a rule of thumb, and people above these ages get employed too. Why? Back to basics, it is the entire package they are looking for. The point im trying to make is AGE is one of the many criteria! So the 1980s and 1979s who did not get in, it is not your age that was the stumbling block..... It is the combination of other factors like height, weight, X factor etc.....

Imagine, 20 year old, pass height requirement, but cold smile and not sincere when speaking etc - do you think can get in? (No!)
Imagine, 26 year old, exactly 158, warm smile, sincere personality etc - do you think can get in? (Obviously Yes!)

hope this clarifies the mystery of the Age factor.....
Hi Soar,
I do agree with you.. But the gals got in today were all young gals with skin problem on the face and they oso have cold smile during the group discussion..
Sianz..
Paige :?

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:25 pm

gng to my kebaya fitting this coming wed... dont wanna put too much hope too... later i will be very disappointed if i nv get it... i just pray that everything will go on smoothly... :)

rapanzel

Post by rapanzel » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 1:33 am

Hi all!...any idea if ppl like me can still apply for the nxt SIA recruitment without waiting for 6 mths? I did not manage to get pass the first round of interview on sat. :???:

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 7:24 am

princessbelle wrote:gng to my kebaya fitting this coming wed... dont wanna put too much hope too... later i will be very disappointed if i nv get it... i just pray that everything will go on smoothly... :)
I'm goin this Wed too. :) Wot would you think you'd be wearing on that day? Is your swimsuit a one-piece, tankini etc?

PM me if you'd like to exchange numbers.

Belle07

Re: Age limit???

Post by Belle07 » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:49 am

Hi everyone..Thanks soooo much for responding to my subject bout the age factor. May god bless u... ;)

Rosey

All the Best !

Post by Rosey » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:22 am

princessbelle wrote:gng to my kebaya fitting this coming wed... dont wanna put too much hope too... later i will be very disappointed if i nv get it... i just pray that everything will go on smoothly... :)
Hey Princessbelle ,
Dun worry . Juz give it your best shot okay . Smile smile .
Btw , I saw U on Saturday . I was wif Paige . Hee !! Think U can make it so try your best okay .
Keep us updated ya .
Cheers ,
Rosey

Rosey

No need to wait 6 months .....

Post by Rosey » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:25 am

rapanzel wrote:Hi all!...any idea if ppl like me can still apply for the nxt SIA recruitment without waiting for 6 mths? I did not manage to get pass the first round of interview on sat. :???:
Hi Rapanzel ,
U don't need to wait 6 months U know ? Like me , I went in July and November . Hee ! So try and try again .
Jia You !!
Cheers ,
Rosey

BannEd

congrats

Post by BannEd » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:43 am

congrats to those who made it in to kebaya test.
tho i didnt go to the interview, i have no regret upon my absence there.
all the best all of us who have this SAME dream...
hehe...

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 1:11 pm

Gals,
What time is your kebaya fitting on Wed ? What time on the letter did it say it will end ?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 4:29 pm

Like what soar has mentioned, age is definitely not da deciding factor? Whether you like it or not, your interview comes in a whole package and if you fail in any of the stages, out you go of STC.

Beauty and unqiue personalities do help in your quest for that desirable job but don't take it as a thumb of rule yeah? It takes a mixture of everything here and there to land you the job and we gotta admit, no one will ever know what it takes to be a FA, especially for those whom have tried numerous times. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm quite certain that what we have wriiten and read are purely speculations.

Ladies and gentlemen, 8000+ strong workforce and encounting, so do your best next round or even the next intake to make your presence felt. And beforehand, make some prayers before heading down yeah? If you have what it takes to be a FA, you will eventually land the job but if you don't, explore other possiblities in life before they close on you.

All the best interviewees and for those whom are starting their training. Gonna be tiring but I'm sure it will be fun for ya?

M :cool:

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 4:33 pm

summerchic wrote:
I'm goin this Wed too. :) Wot would you think you'd be wearing on that day? Is your swimsuit a one-piece, tankini etc?

hi! the thing is i only have bikini but i dun wanna wear bikini to the water test. probably i gotta buy a tankini or something. probably i will be wearing semi-formal or smart formal. i think it's still better to wear formal to interviews. gd luck!! =)

princessbelle

Re: All the Best !

Post by princessbelle » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 4:34 pm

Rosey wrote:
Hey Princessbelle ,
Dun worry . Juz give it your best shot okay . Smile smile .
Btw , I saw U on Saturday . I was wif Paige . Hee !! Think U can make it so try your best okay .
Keep us updated ya .
Cheers ,
Rosey
hihi! thanks! r u gng for the kebaya round too? gd lucks to everyone!! =)

BannEd

guys?

Post by BannEd » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 5:19 pm

how many guys got selected so far?
haha...any idea?

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Sun, 13 Nov 2005 5:59 pm

princessbelle wrote:
summerchic wrote:

hi! the thing is i only have bikini but i dun wanna wear bikini to the water test. probably i gotta buy a tankini or something. probably i will be wearing semi-formal or smart formal. i think it's still better to wear formal to interviews. gd luck!! =)
Same here! All I have are bikinis, but I'm planning to get a tankini. :wink: Wot time do you have to report there on Wed, btw?