Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
soar

curious

Post by soar » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:02 am

Hello Peeps!!!

For how did interview go today?! Update us ok!!! :)

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 1:08 pm

I just got home from the interviews! Got through the first 2 rounds. Awaiting for the kebaya fitting round next. :)

Anyone else who did?? Update, update!

soar

Post by soar » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 1:14 pm

summerchic wrote:I just got home from the interviews! Got through the first 2 rounds. Awaiting for the kebaya fitting round next. :)

Anyone else who did?? Update, update!
Congrats gal!!! What was the take-in rate for today? And whens your 2nd round? :wink: :D

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 1:39 pm

Thanks, soar! Not too sure abt the rate.. my group was pretty poww-derful tho! :o Out of 10, 5 of us made it to the second round. I almost thought I wouldn't get in. It was a pretty nerve-wrecking experience and there was a lot of waiting, esp for the 1-to-1 interview.

I think my group had the most gals going through to the second round. The other groups had only 2-4 gals who got through. Quite a number of us cleared both rounds, tho some did not make it.

Next Wed would be the kebaya fitting session. Are you going for the interviews as well, soar?

soar

Post by soar » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 2:11 pm

summerchic wrote:Thanks, soar! Not too sure abt the rate.. my group was pretty poww-derful tho! :o Out of 10, 5 of us made it to the second round. I almost thought I wouldn't get in. It was a pretty nerve-wrecking experience and there was a lot of waiting, esp for the 1-to-1 interview.

I think my group had the most gals going through to the second round. The other groups had only 2-4 gals who got through. Quite a number of us cleared both rounds, tho some did not make it.

Next Wed would be the kebaya fitting session. Are you going for the interviews as well, soar?
Hello Summerchic, Im training at STC now! My interview was held in July.... Probably will bump into you on Wed loh! Jia you!

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 2:46 pm

celeriL wrote:Hi, I found out this forum last night and I think it might be helpful for me. I was thinking of becoming a pilot for SIA. What are the requirements? Could you give me a link to the site. I can't find it in singaporeair.com. I'm 17 by the way. I'll be sitting for my SPM/O level on Monday. =). I'm from Malaysia.
Hi Celeril,
This is the link for recruiting of pilot for SIA
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... sp#Header7
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: for Paige

Post by Paige » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 2:53 pm

soar wrote:Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?.
Hi Soar,
I was so happy to receive the invitation by SQ last monday... went for the 8.40am interview this morning... BUT... my group, only abt 4 gals got in i tink? Didn't really count, coz was hopping them to call my name? hehehe Well, those who gt kicked out was a ger, same age as me, a ger older then me etc... Those shortlisted were those younger gals <24, where us, 24> were all rejected. I juz dun understand that since they dun wana take in older gers, then y did they still shortlist us and give us hope? But well.. nvm... guess i had to try 1 last time...
Cheers!

ABuZZ

Re: for Paige

Post by ABuZZ » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 3:07 pm

Paige wrote:
soar wrote:Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?.
Hi Soar,
I was so happy to receive the invitation by SQ last monday... went for the 8.40am interview this morning... BUT... my group, only abt 4 gals got in i tink? Didn't really count, coz was hopping them to call my name? hehehe Well, those who gt kicked out was a ger, same age as me, a ger older then me etc... Those shortlisted were those younger gals <24, where us, 24> were all rejected. I juz dun understand that since they dun wana take in older gers, then y did they still shortlist us and give us hope? But well.. nvm... guess i had to try 1 last time...
Cheers!

Hi Paige,

There's a girl in my batch who is above 24 got into the final round which is the management interview... which means there's still hope for girls who are 24 n above... so don't give up.. must persevere!!

Cheers :)

jozo

SIA Interview

Post by jozo » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 4:07 pm

Can anyone tell me how the 2nd day interview(for the flight stewards) goes ? Whats the procedure ? Must we do cat walk ( a short walk to the interviewers in swimming gear)? Also, whats the elimination rate like ? Thanks

lucid80

Post by lucid80 » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 5:00 pm

Hi,

I've been reading this forum and I have never got a chance to post a message. I went for the interview this morning, but unfortunately I did not make it to the next round. In fact, I applied for the July Intake, and I was thrown out after the one to one interview. I thought I'll give it another try this oct's intake, to see if I can make it further than previous. Unfortunately, its a disappointment. I'm 25, and I'm not sure if I should try again if theres another intake. I was taken aback by the question in my group interview! I just couldn't answer. Its about "my favourite tv....". I worked long hours, I hardly have time to be at home to enjoy a complete program. I was at a lost to answer or to make up an appropriate statement. oh no.
** Congrats to all who made it today. : )

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 5:34 pm

soar - You've already started training? That's fantastic! :D

Paige, lucid80 - Hi! :) I'm 24 goin on 25 next mth. I have to admit, most of the gals are a few years younger than me tho some of them look even older. But like wot ABuZZ says, there is still hope. Don't be disheartened! :wink:

jozo - Did you attend the stewards interview earlier as well?

celeriL

Post by celeriL » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 7:10 pm

Paige wrote:
celeriL wrote:Hi, I found out this forum last night and I think it might be helpful for me. I was thinking of becoming a pilot for SIA. What are the requirements? Could you give me a link to the site. I can't find it in singaporeair.com. I'm 17 by the way. I'll be sitting for my SPM/O level on Monday. =). I'm from Malaysia.
Hi Celeril,
This is the link for recruiting of pilot for SIA
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... sp#Header7
Cheers!
Thanks I did not know it was in Technical Crew. They do not want O level. Oh well have to wait for a few more years.

Belle07

Age limit???

Post by Belle07 » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 7:20 pm

Hi everyone...im curious about the age factor for SIA cabin crew. Isit true tat there is no age limit (or is there)? Coz it seems tat SIA seems to be recruiting the younger applicants. Anyone care to comment on this? And does anyone know of someone who is 26 yrs old upon employment with SIA? Or is there any lady who is 26 when started as a cabin crew? I really hoped that u people could help me with these. Coz i hav lost hope to try again... Thanks

lucid80

RE:Age limit???

Post by lucid80 » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 8:29 pm

Hi Belle,

I don't know if this is true. but I do have a common friend who joined SIA about a year ago. She is born in the year 1978, which make her 27 this year? If the calculation is correct, she should be 26 when she joined. hmmm. :shock: :) I mean there is really an age limit which act as a cut-off, they will specify or not even send us an invitation, they could save them a lot of time too. Right?

jejune

Post by jejune » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 8:34 pm

there is really an age limit but the HR remains discreet about the disclosure of the cut-off age.
I dun think it is 24 because I am gonna be 25 in a few mth's time and I am starting training next month.
Gals pls try again and i def am sure that the cut off age isn't 24.

:)