Singapore Expats

why singaporen singers are so shy

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sxq156284

why singaporen singers are so shy

Post by sxq156284 » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 6:10 am

singapore singer ,for example ,a-do ,so shy ,not good at speak ,lin junjie ,so shy ,sun yanzi ,very shy ,why singaporen singers are so shy ,
many people say that singaporen are not good at humorous ,for example ,jacky woo.i think it is right ,why ,because of your envorment ?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 2:53 pm

You do realise that your posts are elevating you to cult status on this board! :cool: Almost everyone is saying :"Hey, man, I wanna be like that sxq156284 dude."

As far as having a sense of humour is concerned, you have that cornered as well - you are such a funny man! Your contributions are always something to laugh at!

Stay well and prosper, sxq156284-man!

,,, ,, , ,,, ,, (in code)

'nuff said Image

uncle_james
Regular
Regular

Re: why singaporen singers are so shy

Post by uncle_james » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 4:02 pm

sxq156284 wrote:singapore singer ,for example ,a-do ,so shy ,not good at speak ,lin junjie ,so shy ,sun yanzi ,very shy ,why singaporen singers are so shy ,
many people say that singaporen are not good at humorous ,for example ,jacky woo.i think it is right ,why ,because of your envorment ?
these singer artists might be shy, not talk much in front of the camera & spotlight,
but they could be a talkative person when they hangout with their friends, or their family.

In the other words, they could be act cool!!! or pretending!
who knows???

good example: ah-do is used to work as construction site supervisor, and he has mixed up with alots of thai worker,
if he is shy, i doubt he can do his supervision job well ...
:twisted: or perhaps this is the reason ah-do get fired, and turn into showbuzz?
: )

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 4:48 pm

Hello Uncle James, welcome to the board . . .

Ah, you must get to know our resident ne'er say nice sxq156284

He is a pleasure to associate with, his spirit is uplifting and hos attitude so refreshing.

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 1:22 am

I think it is cultural. Chinese and East Asians are generally shy and reserve, just like moi. Reason for saying so -- it is very noticeable in USA where you get to savor, compare and contrast all the different cultures that coexist there. Some Americans mistake it for arrogance or cowardice and don't understand why East Asians just stick to themselves.

I suspect that many public figures have to overcome this inherent trait and takes years of practice and training to become adept in the public. All due to our Confucius upbringing. Put the group's interest before oneself and don't try to "boast or showoff" your personal ability. Be humble and don't bring too much attention to yourself. I used to think of it as a weakness. Now that I am older and wise, I have come to appreciate it as a virtue.

sxq156284

Post by sxq156284 » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 3:43 pm

not chinese culture ,it is singaorean culture ,it only exsist in singapore

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 3:58 pm

Vaucluse wrote:You do realise that your posts are elevating you to cult status on this board! :cool: Almost everyone is saying :"Hey, man, I wanna be like that sxq156284 dude."
LOL!! Too funny, Vaucluse!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 4:05 pm

sapphire wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:You do realise that your posts are elevating you to cult status on this board! :cool: Almost everyone is saying :"Hey, man, I wanna be like that sxq156284 dude."
This is simply untrue, we all simply want to be just like Vaucluse. :)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 5:14 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
sapphire wrote:
This is simply untrue, we all simply want to be just like Vaucluse. :)

You do realise, Mary, that that would include hairy legs and arms as well as shaving your face every day . . . But, I am honoured - thank you!

You have to admit, Sapphire, these guys are fa,,ntast,,i,c,,

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 5:40 pm

You are absolutely right, Vaucluse. I think this is all an act, he's gonna be back one of these days with - Yo brudder! What's kickin? Everythang kewl with ya bro?

That's when you'll stop ridiculing King of commas. :lol:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 6:03 pm

I will wait for :-({|=
And he's bad, bad Leroy Brown
The baddest man in the whole damned town
Badder than a-old King Kong
And meaner than a junkyard dog
:-({|= -

That would be funny . . . jhg45673939 is a bother and bangladeshi-wanker is from Hougang and his name is Wong Ah Pek :lol: :lol:

'nuff said Image

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 6:46 pm

Have you noticed that they post to themselves and find their own jokes funny? Which, of course, totally lack any humour whatsoever. :roll:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 2:32 pm

sapphire wrote:Have you noticed that they post to themselves and find their own jokes funny? Which, of course, totally lack any humour whatsoever. :roll:

I guess in a real life situation, face-to-face, they woul just be laughed at. . .

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 1:51 pm

sxq156284 wrote:not chinese culture, it is singaorean culture ,it only exsist in singapore
This is made worse in Singapore and as MM Lee Kuan Yew puts it, this lack of confidence is due to a race of people not mastering their mother tongue when the English language is forced upon the general poplulation. Language plays a large role in one's culture and if you do not have a good grip of your own language, you risk losing your cultural identity and ultimately your "self".

Every time I visit SG, it feels so unnatural to speak English to fellow Singaporean Chinese. In USA, I only use mandarin to communicate to other ethnic Chinese, which is expected. Even the 2nd and 3rd generation Chinese Americands do the same, though for some, their mandarin skill is shaky. For those who are unable to speak the language, many regret not taking an active interest and effort in learning their own mother tongue and are discovering their heritage in their middle or old age. At least they are trying.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 3:52 pm

Just wondering, earthfriendly - how do you communicate to Chinese in the US, most of whom are Cantonese, in Mandarin? Even less so for the following generations?

'nuff said Image