Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:44 pm

DMan - Its totally been an interesting, intriguing, bizarre, fun week... do join us sometime soon... :)

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Weekz

Post by Scorpion » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 7:14 pm

madwolfie wrote:DMan - Its totally been an interesting, intriguing, bizarre, fun week... do join us sometime soon... :)
Must be you are getting fantastic as every week passes byy.. :wink:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Re: Weekz

Post by madwolfie » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:20 pm

Scorpion wrote:Must be you are getting fantastic as every week passes byy.. :wink:
Its not me!!! Though to be honest, almost a little too much to bear!!! The fun that is...the booze, the dancing, the stories... Hmmm :roll:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

We're Back !

Post by sabrina77 » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 4:29 pm

Hello there !

We're back from our holiday in Bangalore ! How are all of you doing??? Hope you guys had a great Diwali. Seems like all of you have gone quiet all of a sudden...whasss up???

Anyway, we had a hectic holiday....caught in the rian deluge that hit Bangalore. It lasted the entire 3 weeks of our trip there :cry: Since we could'nt really go out in the water logged streets, all we did was gorge on food....more specifically sweets ...puran polis, badam burfi's, khus khus kheer...and the list goes on. :P I think we've had enough sweets to last us till next year :lol:

Back to our routine now and already feeling homesick ! :(

Anyway, do tell how you guys are doing and what plans for the weekend????

Ciao !

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Re: We're Back !

Post by Scorpion » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 7:39 pm

sabrina77 wrote: We're back from our holiday in Bangalore ! How are all of you doing??? Hope you guys had a great Diwali. Seems like all of you have gone quiet all of a sudden...whasss up???
Back to our routine now and already feeling homesick
:( really miss my home sweet home, going back to india and mtg up with friends an relatives always is special. Heard the diwali rain as created much havoc in the southern regions.

So sabrina any indian vegetarian recipe from home to try out :wink: here

Expecting that i can join my family :-| for the newyear celebrations

cheers
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Re: We're Back !

Post by sabrina77 » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 1:37 pm

[quote="Scorpion
So sabrina any indian vegetarian recipe from home to try out :wink: here

cheers[/quote]

umm...lots of recipes..looking for something specific?

Yeah..its always great to catch up with everybody back home and good that you'll be doing that soon.

cheers

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 1:43 pm

Woohoo Sabrina, you provide receipes? :P

What about palek paneer, jhinga curry, butter chicken, malai kofta, katal... uermm.... lots more.

Food GLORIOUS food.... yum yum... :P

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Specific

Post by Scorpion » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 1:50 pm

sabrina77 wrote:umm...lots of recipes..looking for something specific?
cheers
Sort of rice variety more spicy 1 prefered.. :wink: , like to try new things @ home.
If u have the receipe for 'Rava Idli', do pm me. :)

Have applied for my leave last new year was postponed to this new year, :evil: hope so i get back atleast this time.

Tara

Hola!

Post by Tara » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 2:52 pm

Hi people. I came across yr posts and was delighted to see the number of Indians in this forum.Let me introduce myself. My name is Tara, female, 24 yrs old. Am a local but parents are from India. Am currently pursuing a degree in Communications in SIM. Well..um..what else..oh yeah due to my uni, my social life is very much sucky..so if you guys are gonna be organising another get together or outing do include me in.Hope to hear some response to my first post.Cheers!

Tara.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 3:45 pm

Hey Tara :) velcome! :twisted: Not that I'm the head of the snake... but hopefully I get to join more of the activities organised here too! :P

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

cool

Post by Scorpion » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 7:14 pm

madwolfie wrote:Hey Tara :) velcome! :twisted: Not that I'm the head of the snake... but hopefully I get to join more of the activities organised here too! :P
Welcome tara, am too new to the forum :wink: , after a long time taking my first get-togth'r.

Madwolfie u r sure gona to be head of the brain.. :cool: soon

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Re: cool

Post by madwolfie » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 7:34 pm

Scorpion wrote:Welcome tara, am too new to the forum :wink: , after a long time taking my first get-togth'r.
Madwolfie u r sure gona to be head of the brain.. :cool: soon
Me HEAD of the brain? brain of the HEAD ... uerm... nah... I just follow :)

samsin

party people here....

Post by samsin » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 2:13 am

hello everyone,

was just going through some of the posts and realised wah.....you guys can really party!!!

well about me - 26 male- came to singapore from india in 2002 for studies then was working then to japan for 1 year for training then came back in april this year to work for that company. Most of my friends that i had before going to japan have either already left singapore for west or getting married and shifting back to india, so am lookin for new friends and meet more people....hoping to meet you all at these gatherings. Have posted earlier about coming to WNDC (wed night drinking) but couldnt make it...sorry about that.

cheers....!
sameer

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Re: party people here....

Post by Scorpion » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 2:40 am

samsin wrote:was just going through some of the posts and realised wah.....you guys can really party!!! sameer
Welcome sameer to the thread, the WNDC is on every week don't miss out the next one. :wink:

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:52 pm

Hey people,
me back from hibernation! :D
Was in Inda for Diwali as well n had great fun! Thankfully, we caught the only 4-5 days of less/no rain in Chennai in the last fortnight. So we were able to burst some crackers n light lamps........like sab n indi, we hogged on food n shopped like crazy as well!

Whats up with everyone here? How was Diwali here? I havnt been here for Diwali so far so dont know how it is? What did you all do?

Lets meet up people...its been ages since we went for a movie or to bombay cafe.....

Cheers
Ind Babe
One life - live it!