Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 7:27 pm

Hi all,

So far i had sent quite a few of the forumers here my before and after photos, and I trust that nobody forwarded my photos to anyone without my permission. Some people abused this trust, and wanted others to forward to them. I find it so strange, because if you want, just ask from me! :mad:

The reason why i am willing to share my photos is because before i went for my operation, i wanted to see the end-result of other people's successful operation but no one wants to share how their new nose looks like. So, understanding what you potential-rhinoplasty-goers need, i shared my before and after photos.

I had sent enough, and will not send my photos to anyone anymore. Those whom I had sent before, please, like i trusted you when i send to you, please keep to the promise and not forward to anyone. It will be very sad if this trust is abused.

/Jovin

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Yanhee

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 7:28 pm

Hi,

I was wondering... does Dr. Sukit do L shape implant? Because both you and ocean11's was I shape.... so i was wondering....

/Jovin

buffyboi wrote:Sorry people! Have been swarmed with work..no time to log on! :mad:
Okay..where do I start with the questions :D ... my silicon is a I shape.... it was custom made..Dr Sukit actually sat there and measured the height & length and making sure before he did it.

It only took me 5 full days to recover! The 1 st day felt like someone punched me in the face...2nd... able to go shopping..... looked okay..thought I'm thoses that don't swell and bruise!! 3rd day...swelling started..so "pong-pong" .... my lower eyelid was so swollen! But like what the doctor advised, keep using the ice pack... (Trust me girls, bring at least 1 or two ice pack and put it in the fridge)..and by the 5th day..all swelling and briuse were gone!! Maybe I lie..just a bit swelling which is so minor that I can't tell untill I touched them....

Yup, it's a close incision..so the stitches are in one side of the nose... no scaring.... one thing I have to say though is I find that my nose is not very straight...not very centered... (maybe it's because I'm a librian?!?!).. but I've been told by many surgeon and articles that because it's a close incision, the posibility of not having a 100% straight nose is possible.... aiya, like what all my close friends said, it's good that it's not super straight, cos it will then look fake...nobody's nose is that straight... What do you think, girls?

I spent 10 days in BBK...and please, if anyone is going to Yanhee, don't bother staying near the hospital..cos that is the most boring place!! Nothing to do... I booked a hotel "near" the hospital thinking that if anything happens, I'm close to the hospital... what a silly thought! Thank god I booked for 4 days only..the rest of 6 days I stayed at Surawong..near Silom...

Okay..what other questions....? Photos... okay.. I don't have a after shot yet..will take one very soon..no point sending the before shot without the after shot right?? :P

Please let me know if I missed anybody's questions....

Oh...Hey Jan-Sg85...good to have u here! now I'm not the only guy!!!!! :wave:

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 7:30 pm

Thanks! Definitely you will look better too after your nosejob! :)

Yah, work hard and save up for the nosejob. It's worth it. At least now you have a goal and working towards it... hee.

/Jovin
astar wrote:hey jovin!! u really look very pretty after the nose job!! pretty pretty!! now i'm super motivated to do it!! haha.. but must work my ass off first to save up the money.. hee.. i'm really happy for u that the operation is such a success!!! take care!!! :D :D :D

jan_sg85

haiz

Post by jan_sg85 » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 9:32 pm

haizz tink really hard 2 find ppl 2 go along with me..nvm still can wait for 4 mths lkydat..anyone know of ppl wantin 2 go,pls inform dem k.,thx..

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 9:44 pm

Jovin please send the photos to me too! i sent you a pm a few days ago.. you might not have seen it.. email: XXX

really appreciate you sharing with us the photos... thanks!

Hey jan_sg85 im thinking of going to yan hee too.. mainly because of the positive feedback on this forum.. but ill be going mid-late janurary and looking for people to go with too.. im doing a nose reduction, not an implant.. but ive been saving up lots money as i orignally wanted to do it in singapore... now i have extra for shopping and stuff! so i definetly 100% will be going go next janurary. if i cant find anyone ill just go alone.

and if anyone has anymore feedback from yan hee please share!
thank you
Last edited by hatemynose on Thu, 22 Dec 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:26 pm

dun worry babe. i must say that u r very gracious to share ur photos with us.. i dun think anyone here is mean enuff to breach ur trust! :) heh thx for sharing!!
jovinliu wrote:Hi all,

So far i had sent quite a few of the forumers here my before and after photos, and I trust that nobody forwarded my photos to anyone without my permission. Some people abused this trust, and wanted others to forward to them. I find it so strange, because if you want, just ask from me! :mad:

The reason why i am willing to share my photos is because before i went for my operation, i wanted to see the end-result of other people's successful operation but no one wants to share how their new nose looks like. So, understanding what you potential-rhinoplasty-goers need, i shared my before and after photos.

I had sent enough, and will not send my photos to anyone anymore. Those whom I had sent before, please, like i trusted you when i send to you, please keep to the promise and not forward to anyone. It will be very sad if this trust is abused.

/Jovin

Merlin123_4

Post by Merlin123_4 » Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:03 pm

/Jovin
u have my promise your photos will not be forwarded. regards

anthony05

Rhinoplasty & Eyelid

Post by anthony05 » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 2:32 am

Hi Jovin, Ocean11, Buffyboi, and the rest of the nose gang,

Tuo Xie Ni Men for sharing your experience and giving informed and helpful advice here. Since I joined this forum, I can't end my day happily without reading your posting.

As I've told buffyboi, I had my first rhinoplasty four years ago by a (New York) Park Avenue plastis curgeon. I had a jewish/middle-eastern looking nose (you know what I mean) which might look good on some people but not on my Asian face, so I had the bump/curve on the bridge shaved off and the bridge made thinner and shorter. It looked great for a couple of years, but now it looks a little too short (the bridge is fine and still quite high but the tip somehow looks less projected than before, so I'm thinking of simply having an L shape implant inserted at the tip on my nose to have the projection I had right after my first surgery.

I've consulted dr. Sukit, sent him my photos (front, right. left) and asked him specifically about an L shape implant. He responded immediately and was very nice and very honest with his responses. (I like him already.)
He told me that my nose already looks very good, high, and natural and that I shouldn't try to do anything any more on it. He did not recommend implant since my nose is already high and since the scar tissue from the previous surgery, if there is any, might cause the implant to extrude, but he said he would be happy to take a closer look at my nose and determine what can be done. He did not answer the part on whether or not he use L shape implants.

My nostril also looks a little wider than before because of the shortening of my nose, so I asked him if he does nostril reduction. I figured, if nothing could be done to give more projection on the tip of my nose and enlarge it a little bit (with the implant), which in effect will make my nostril less wide, I would go for a little alar reduction to give my nose a little balance. He did not respond to this part (yet). I remember Astar (or someone else in this forum) said that dr. Sukit does not do alarplasty,
so this could be the reason. I'm not completely unhappy with my nostril, so I wouldn't be too disappointed if he doesn't do this.

I also had a chin implant before, by the same PS who did my nose. I didn't want it, he suggested it (probably more for commercial reason than anything else), and I went a long with it. It also looked good and natural, but after four years, I believe it has migrated/shifted a little. You can't really tell, I only noticed this in my recent photos. It still looks pretty good, but I'm worried that it might shift further in the long run (Or like Jovin said, maybe it's simply addiction to plastic surgery...hehehe.)
I asked dr. Sukit if he could reposition it, he said it might be hard because of the capsule that has been formed around it (any US PS would jump to this opportunity), but he would look at it.

By the way, I paid aroud USD9,000 for my nose job and chin implant.
Very good price for Park Avenue, a little cheaper than Beverly Hills,
and sounds like a million dollar compared to what we pay in Thailand.

I'm still going to have him do my eyelid, I have a strong feeling that he's someone I can trust to do this on me, unless anyone here has a different
opinion and/or has another PS in Bangkok to recommend for eyelid job.
I need new fold and excess fat/skin reduction above my eyelid. Dr. Sukit said they don't look too bad and there's not too much fat there, but I'd rather do this now than later (or maybe never if I wait.)

I'm also going to do dimples with dr. Sukit, while I'm there I might as well have these done. Has anyone here had any experience with dimple creation? I'm seeking to have big (and masculine) dimples but, masculine or feminine, I believe it's the same procedure, so please share your experience. Thanks.

Anthony
ANTHONY05

jovinliu
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jovinliu » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 9:38 am

Hi,

What i did was a nose implant, and what you want to achieve is a nose reduction. Sorry to be direct but i don't really see the point of sending you my photos because what i did is not what you are going to do :)

/Jovin
hatemynose wrote:Jovin please send the photos to me too! i sent you a pm a few days ago.. you might not have seen it.. email: [email protected]

really appreciate you sharing with us the photos... thanks!

Hey jan_sg85 im thinking of going to yan hee too.. mainly because of the positive feedback on this forum.. but ill be going mid-late janurary and looking for people to go with too.. im doing a nose reduction, not an implant.. but ive been saving up lots money as i orignally wanted to do it in singapore... now i have extra for shopping and stuff! so i definetly 100% will be going go next janurary. if i cant find anyone ill just go alone.

and if anyone has anymore feedback from yan hee please share!
thank you

big-eyes-maymay

Post by big-eyes-maymay » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 3:37 pm

/Jovin

Hi jovin, thanks for the pictures, u look real good even before the rhinoplasty. I like ur side view very much.
Oh, and you have my word your pics are safe with me.

By the way, this Dr Sukit you guys are mentioning, where is he from? I didn't manage to read all 60 pages of this topic (working :P).

And if you have heard of any good surgeons in Malaysia (besides going to Gorgeous Getaways), please let me know.

Thanks!

May

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 3:44 pm

hi, i knw this has been postged somewhr b4 but i missed it. can anyhone gimme dr. sukit's email add? thx thx!!

big-eyes-maymay

Post by big-eyes-maymay » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 4:10 pm

[quote="jovinliu"]Hi!

Gals/guys who are considering doing rhinoplasty, remember that Jovin and ocean11 and so many others did it, and none of us complained about very painful operation or whatsoever! So far I did lasik, botox on my jawline, rhinoplasty and eyebrow embroidery. I personally didn't regret doing any of them. You can say that i am lucky that none of these goes wrong, yes i do agree with that statement, but it really gave me so much more confidence and compliments. Say that I am vain I don't care, because who's not? I was fat, nerdy and ugly in primary and secondary school, nobody gives a damn about me. So, these years I changed my style, appearance, attitude, lost weight and got help from plastic surgeries, and I admit there are so many occasions where situations were favourable to me because of my looks. Work-wise, getting help from friends and people, getting in to pubs for free without paying cover charge, getting attention from waiters and better service etc. But of course, you have to be nice to other people, before you expect to get better treatments back.

/Jovin

Dear Jovin,

Am trying to read back all the past posts of this topic. I must say I totally agree and understand what you're saying right here.

After puberty, pimples started attacking me. To top it off, I always had dark ring circles under my eyes. People always asked me "why aren't you doing something about your face? Come on, do something about your pimples, and why are you always having that tired look?"

It hurts to hear all these remarks almost every day. People who doesn't have all these problems ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS like to make these kind of stupid, hurtful remarks. Some also mentioned I have big nose. Well, I can't help that! I don't have the $$ and resources to fix my "problem".

The guys I liked, just don't think I'm pretty enough. Sure, as a friend, but gf? NO WAY! Well, I told myself, when I have the money I'm gonna do something about this.

And I did! Nothing too serious, just change my apperance, dyed my hair + done straightening, went to see doctor about the pimples, went for facial etc. , wear nice "tight-fitting-sexy" clothes. Plucked a bit of eyebrow. wear a bit of make up.

Ta daa. People start paying attention! Things really does go smoothly and better for "prettier" people. You get help easily, favours given to you rather than others, you even excel in interviews! To some people, this might sound like we are making up excuses to justify our actions for going for plastic surgery or even beautifying up one self, but I think these people will never understand the harsh cruelty on ugly ducklings out there.

Right now, I just wanna do something about my dark circles. After that, time for me to stop, and enjoy life. Hopefully I will find the surgeon ethical and good enough to do a good job for his patients. Most surgeons nowadays can't seem to see beyond the dollars.

May

hatemynose

Post by hatemynose » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:17 pm

Hey Jovin!

Well.. altho its different i could see how good the surgeon was... you did yours in Taiwan right... ? I'm still considering other areas to go to, as i spent these past few months workig and saved up quite abit already..

Also, it would be inspiring to see how much has changed and based on the positive feedback you've got.. ill be more encourged and have a much more secure feeling when i do my nose. coz right now there are so little first hand examples to view.. its quite worrying that my nose job will not turn out good, i heard quite a few horror stories

but if you really dont wanna send its ok i respect your decision.
thanks for sharing with us your story anyway

P/S if anyone wants to arrange a trip to Yan Hee or other alternative locations overseas during Mid Jan next year (06), please email me XXX

Thanks!
Last edited by hatemynose on Thu, 22 Dec 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: haiz

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:06 am

jan_sg85 wrote:haizz tink really hard 2 find ppl 2 go along with me..nvm still can wait for 4 mths lkydat..anyone know of ppl wantin 2 go,pls inform dem k.,thx..

I don't mean to be rude, but can someone please translate the above? I really can't read it.

Thanks

'nuff said Image

paramour
Regular
Regular

Plastic Surgery in Korea

Post by paramour » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:06 am

Hi there,
My name is Sun from Seoul, Korea.

In Korea, the plastic surgery is very commom n popular.
My friends of min did the eye lid n nose job
it was not that expensive n didn't take a long time too.
but it shuold be painful. T.T

Anybody wants to get more information or arrange trip to Korea to do plastic surgery, I will arrange for you ^^

I will visit to Korea this December not for plastic surgery.
Meet my parents n friends ^^
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is mistery,
Today is the Gift.
That why we call it "Present"