Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kristen
Regular
Regular

Post by kristen » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 12:03 pm

whens tha next interview session ??

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 1:07 am

Congratulations to all whom made it it! For those whom didn't, try again for the next intake and godspeed.

JJ, best wishes!

M :cool:

jejune

Post by jejune » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 9:14 am

kristen wrote:whens tha next interview session ??
do u mean management? if so, this will stretch till nov.
If you are refering to the next batch of interview, it shd be in Nov, for those who aint called the first time round.

Darling M, thanks so much!! :D

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:06 am

ABuZZ wrote:
silvercat wrote:
Zax wrote: Hi, u mean those who did not make it thru the mgmt interview get another chance? So u made it thru? how was everything?
what i meant was those who had yet come for their first interview will be getting their chances this time round, as there were too many ppl to be interviewed on 15th Oct.
Yup, i made it thru and is pending on medical results. If everyything go well, i may start training in nov or early dec.
Mgmt interview is a 2-1. Will be asked qns of all sorts. If this is cleared, u will proceed to the tea party. This is where ur presence must be felt by the interviewer.

Good luck to all inspiring cabin crew
Hi,

May i know which day was your kebaya/water confidence test?
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

:D
I had my kebaya on wednesday.
:)

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Fri, 04 Nov 2005 5:42 pm

Its kinda difficult to get into SIA as a STEWARD... I've went to the msot recent recruiment exercise and ALL the rooms are occupied by guys who wear at least a shirt and a tie. Of course there are some who dress up in blazers. Trust me i have no idea how they choose stewards, cos my group think this guy have lots of potential but in the end 2 others from my group of ten went in.

In general they look for males who have clean looks (clean as in looks neat and tidy...), blemishes? Don't think they really care about it if its not that serious (One guy from my group having moderate blemishes problem went in)

3 rounds of selection and the first round only 20% made it, who knows who eventually make it into the SIA family.

For guys who wants to fly, there are alternatives like Emirates and British Airway... Conducting annual recruitment exercises locally.

Also JAL and Nippon Airways which are slightly easier to get in BUT you must be very fluent in japanese.

High, and i really mean HIGH priority will be given to those who knows a third and even better 4th language. And of course a slightly higher priority will be given to those trying for a second or third time.

But make sure on the interview day, you shave and generally look clean with trimmed hair.

(In case you guys wanna know what they ask... my interviewers ask my group to discuss and describe our fav movie... :shock: )
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

lein

Post by lein » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 8:57 am

hi does anyone knows if the tea party is a mix of male and female applicants? anyone with their management interview and tea party on the 30th nov?

Guy24

Post by Guy24 » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 6:31 pm

well for the tea session , its divided into differents days mainly only for guys only or girls only there is no mixed group.

With regards to the guy stewards recruitment i think its boils down to how u present urself : are u confident of representing SIA as front line ppl?that is wat i think they are looking for.

My group of 12 guys went for final managment and 9 make it so i think they really need guys at the moment

And for JAL and ANA thay dun recruit guys as far as i know

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:27 pm

Guy 24,
When was your tea party ? Were you the same group as reshu ? All the guys who got through have very good complexion, good bodies (no skinny or fat types) as well as perfect straight teeth ?

Guy24

Re: SIA

Post by Guy24 » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 5:07 pm

jozo wrote:Guy 24,
When was your tea party ? Were you the same group as reshu ? All the guys who got through have very good complexion, good bodies (no skinny or fat types) as well as perfect straight teeth ?
jozo

i pm u something

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:14 am

Hi, I just finished NS and I'm looking forward in being a FS for SIA. I have tried Emirates and I've got the offer but due to my family situation, I cannot move to a foreign land for 3 years. I have my A lvls with an A2 in GP and a pass in MT B syllabus and French with a B grade. I have only 12 months of serious voluntary service experience in a hospital. Am I eligible to join? Am I too young? Help me guys, thanks!!

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

Re: Abastos

Post by Hopeful guy » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:03 am

abastos wrote:Hi, I just finished NS and I'm looking forward in being a FS for SIA. I have tried Emirates and I've got the offer but due to my family situation, I cannot move to a foreign land for 3 years. I have my A lvls with an A2 in GP and a pass in MT B syllabus and French with a B grade. I have only 12 months of serious voluntary service experience in a hospital. Am I eligible to join? Am I too young? Help me guys, thanks!!
Hi Abastos,

May I know when did you apply for Emirates? They did not recruit guy FS recently... :?

reshu

Re: Abastos

Post by reshu » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 3:24 pm

abastos wrote:Hi, I just finished NS and I'm looking forward in being a FS for SIA. I have tried Emirates and I've got the offer but due to my family situation, I cannot move to a foreign land for 3 years. I have my A lvls with an A2 in GP and a pass in MT B syllabus and French with a B grade. I have only 12 months of serious voluntary service experience in a hospital. Am I eligible to join? Am I too young? Help me guys, thanks!!
Hi There !

For Guys as long as your 20 - 27 approx, shouldnt be a prob at all, 'A' Levels is sufficient plus u have the big advantage of a forgien language.
Besides you actually got it with Emirates, SIA shouldnt be a prob for u at all 8)

Unfortunately I wouldnt know the next intake for male FA, SIA, do check their website or recruit section of the newspapers for adverts perdiodically :)

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 5:00 pm

anyone who didnt got selected for interview on 15 oct, received an email invitation to the next interview? cos i thought i heard there will be a 2nd batch of interviews for those who werent selected previously for interviews

summer28

2nd batch of interviews!! This Saturday!!

Post by summer28 » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 6:24 pm

To those who sent in their applications after 22nd Sep,

U may be receiving good news in your email soon...I have just gotten an email from SIA.

"I am pleased to invite you for an interview on Saturday 12th November, at 0940 hrs, at the following address:

Management Development Centre (MDC),
Level 1, Lobby C, SIA Training Centre,
720 Upper Changi Road East,
Singapore 486852."

Hope u will receive yours soon!

princessbelle

Re: 2nd batch of interviews!! This Saturday!!

Post by princessbelle » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 8:11 pm

summer28 wrote:To those who sent in their applications after 22nd Sep,

U may be receiving good news in your email soon...I have just gotten an email from SIA.

"I am pleased to invite you for an interview on Saturday 12th November, at 0940 hrs, at the following address:

Management Development Centre (MDC),
Level 1, Lobby C, SIA Training Centre,
720 Upper Changi Road East,
Singapore 486852."

Hope u will receive yours soon!
hey! i just received mine too! same time slot as u! haha... gd luck to us~~ :D