Singapore Expats

The first 27 Dogs are selected for 50 Gorgeous Dogs 2005!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
jingle_chen

The first 27 Dogs are selected for 50 Gorgeous Dogs 2005!

Post by jingle_chen » Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:48 pm

Hey.. after the tiring day at Bishan Park,
we have a cool 27 dogs selected to run for the finals for 50 Gorgeous Dogs 2005!
If you have missed this event,
check it out at http://www.anamics.com/ipets/html/top50.htm
And hang in there for more dogs and the results in Jan 2006!
Of all men and conformity- What is right?
For all hearts and affection, What is good?
My life set to live, to see and to create, photography is the food.
- Jingle

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:48 am

Since we are on the subject of dogs, I would like to bring this matter, very dear to my heart, to your attention.

I was watching the Chinese news program and the SPCA, don't really know if this is the name of the organization, implored to everyone to please go to them if you are looking for pets. There have way too many dogs in the pound due to irresponsible owners.

Many of the poor poor doggies ended up there because of impulse purchases. There are many parents who caved in to their children's demand for a doggie for birthday gifts and whatever occasions. However, parents and kids soon realized they are too busy and could not commit to proper care of the pets. They predict the problem will get worse as next year is the year of the dog in the Chinese lunar calendar and it will be trendy to own a dog.

If you look up the yellow pages, you should be able to located the contact for the organization.

And please everyone, the doggies are like little babies. They are very dependent on the owner for survival. They have feeling and needs just like human and need lots of tender loving care. Please be kind to them and treat them like one of your own.

jingle_chen

Care for Dogs

Post by jingle_chen » Mon, 07 Nov 2005 9:58 am

yes,
thank you for the reminder. i did a project called Adopt to Support with the SPCA a year ago for my final year project, in conjunction with Haig Girls' School, Action for Singapore Dogs, Cats Welfare Society, Rabbits Welfare Society and our message is to promote the misconception people have about adopted pets.

50 Gorgeous Dogs is encouraging everyone to celebrate the beauty of dogs, and some of the dogs we took are adopted too, so at the end of the day, we encourage everyone to take part and be proud of the process of grooming and taking care of the dogs.
Of all men and conformity- What is right?
For all hearts and affection, What is good?
My life set to live, to see and to create, photography is the food.
- Jingle