Singapore Expats

Good Byes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 8:34 am

Saint wrote:
Vaucluse wrote: Thanks, Saint, she has started . . . :cry:
You have got your hands full as the concerned father :cry:
We, too are relatively new the world of our children dating. The very idea of it makes my husband crazy. I guess I'm a little more at peace with the idea, what can you do? Our sophomore is beautiful, green eyed blond who has always been a step ahead of us maturity-wise.

Mr. Bailey has always maintained that when the first 'suitor' approached the front door, he would kill him outright and hang his body from the front porch as a warning to the others. How it actually played out is that she went off to the prom, I had another martini and he bought a new guy-gadget, I think a blackberry.

:?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 9:13 am

Vaucluse wrote:My heart goes out to you, Mary, it is a tough act . . .

I did the same with my little one when she was seven (going to boarding school in Sydney) and I just cried and cried at the airport with her - next to me was this mountain of a man, a Dutch guy, looked like he could eat trees and he was bawling his eyes out for the same reason.

Still kills me every time . . . . :oops: Sniffffffff

[img][img]http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7223/wuerstchenedited3pl.jpg[/img][/img]
She must be Dutch, so pretty...? :D

Eric

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 9:20 am

Saint wrote:Saying goodbye to my wife of 1 week as I got a plane back to UK knowing that it would be another 2 months until she arriving in UK:(
Saint...

I can fully relate to that one, same experience here. After we had our beautiful wedding here at Alkaff Mansion, I had to go back to Holland as we agreed on living there. She could not come along, due to the most stupendous law in Holland: while applying for a PR permit to enter Holland, one cannot visit the country. So I had to go back not knowing when we would see eachother again. The Dutch government promised all applicants to take no more than 3 months for the application process. It took them 8 months in our case...

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 9:55 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:

I did the same with my little one when she was seven (going to boarding school in Sydney) and I just cried and cried at the airport with her - next to me was this mountain of a man, a Dutch guy, looked like he could eat trees and he was bawling his eyes out for the same reason.

Eric

Eric, what do: mouth, soap and wash out with mean to you??? :lol: Well, she was made in Holland, but that's the extent of any Dutch-ness - born in Australia, but that stigma will wear off in time . . . :lol: :lol: Woooooooo - on a roll!!!

Mary, my little monster is far away from dating, only having turned eigt this year, but I fully understand your hubby. I, however, have a different solution to this 'problem' - a nunnery! And then when she is 25 she can come out and join the real world again.
I spent afew years in boarding school run by benedictine monks and it didn't hurt me . . . :oops:

Sigh . . .

'nuff said Image

Bart

Post by Bart » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:04 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:

Eric

Eric, what do: mouth, soap and wash out with mean to you??? :lol: Well, she was made in Holland, but that's the extent of any Dutch-ness - born in Australia, but that stigma will wear off in time . . . :lol: :lol: Woooooooo - on a roll!!!

Mary, my little monster is far away from dating, only having turned eigt this year, but I fully understand your hubby. I, however, have a different solution to this 'problem' - a nunnery! And then when she is 25 she can come out and join the real world again.
I spent afew years in boarding school run by benedictine monks and it didn't hurt me . . . :oops:

Sigh . . .

That you in the pic? And you said it didn't hurt you? You for real?
:D :D :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:18 am

You got something against tall, dark and handsome, Bart? :mad:

(And this comng from someone that looks like a cross between a banana and a mop!!!)
Last edited by Vaucluse on Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

Bart

Post by Bart » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:22 am

Vaucluse wrote:You got something against tall, dark and handsome, Bart? :mad:
Tall and dark you maybe but handsome.......? Yah maybe if one has an inclination for cloistered stiff cadavers ....... :D :P

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:25 am

cadavers
?????????????/

Sir, I resemble that remark! :?

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:26 am

Bart wrote:
Tall and dark you maybe but handsome.......? Yah maybe if one has an inclination for cloistered stiff cadavers ....... :D :P
Bart is by far the most unredeeming of all the Simpsons. Plus how many men would object to being called 'stiff'?

To quote Eric: 'pfffft'

Bart

Post by Bart » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:28 am

Vaucluse wrote:
cadavers
?????????????/

Sir, I resemble that remark! :?
Throw in constipated for good measure :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bart

Post by Bart » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:30 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Bart wrote:
Bart is by far the most unredeeming of all the Simpsons. Plus how many men would object to being called 'stiff'?

Unredeeming in my dictionary is high praise.
To quote me 'pffffffaaaaarrrrttttt!!'

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:31 am

It's all the beans the Dutch eat . . .

Constipated? Have you read my contribution on another thread, perhaps? I said I got the information from a FRIEND!!!!

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:46 am

Vaucluse wrote:Have you read my contribution on another thread, perhaps? I said I got the information from a FRIEND!!!!
I meant to reprimand you on that. Christ on a bicycle! What are you doing commenting on the Constipation thread?

Please watch the pitches more carefully, and let some go...

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:56 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Have you read my contribution on another thread, perhaps? I said I got the information from a FRIEND!!!!
I meant to reprimand you on that. Christ on a bicycle! What are you doing commenting on the Constipation thread?

Sorry, ma'am - just trying to help . . . :roll: Did get out quickly, though . . .

Hmm, what were you doing entering the dark side????

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 03 Nov 2005 5:01 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

Sorry, ma'am - just trying to help . . . :roll: Did get out quickly, though . . .

Hmm, what were you doing entering the dark side????
I saw your name up there and just had to check it out. I also like to op in and see what I'm missing...