Singapore Expats

A Hollywood Halloween - Oct 28th 2005

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 6:41 pm

kundera wrote:thanks saphhire -- is it at bayshore park condo function room, level 2?? when does the party start?

see you

kundera

Location: 2nd Level, Bayshore Park, near the Dolphin Pool - signs will lead the way

Time: 6.30-ish onwards
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Wild Rover
Regular
Regular

Post by Wild Rover » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 12:59 am

So gutted not to be there :cry: but have family staying over this week.

I know you will all still be partying even now, maybe I should sneak out for a while :-k

Oh well, never mind, but please don't rub salt in the wounds and let this thread run on for weeks and weeks saying what a fab time you all had, though I have to say I am looking forward to see the pics, especially Tangerika, Kimi, Sapphire, Seraphim, Yuks in fact all of you...........

Well hope you all enjoyed, will try to make the next one.

PS don't forget to post the pics, especially the really embarrassing ones (now how do I know Sapphire will feature in most of these??)
What's worse, ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 1:45 am

Wild Rover wrote:So gutted not to be there :cry: but have family staying over this week.
Well they're not coming everyday whereas you might see some of us till you're bored... :P
I know you will all still be partying even now, maybe I should sneak out for a while :-k
I'm not and I know I was using the jet lag as the reason but it's more of I'm not feeling like it..which happens...
Oh well, never mind, but please don't rub salt in the wounds and let this thread run on for weeks and weeks saying what a fab time you all had, though I have to say I am looking forward to see the pics, especially Tangerika, Kimi, Sapphire, Seraphim, Yuks in fact all of you...........
Have to thank MangoCar for letting us use the function room in her condo, cheers girl!
And for those like seraphim who organised and had the idea of the party, decorated, etc.
It was nice to see people here after some time. We had heaps of laugh cause it did make one realise how silly can people be when pissed!
But no photos of mine to be put on public! And for those who were tempted, remember I have yours too! :P
But I actually reckon nobody in those pictures taken would either! So you can imagine what kind of photos we took! :P
Well hope you all enjoyed, will try to make the next one.
Like next Halloween? :P
Well there will be other rendezvous for sure...
PS don't forget to post the pics, especially the really embarrassing ones (now how do I know Sapphire will feature in most of these??)
Oh you'll be surprised...! :P
Last edited by Kimi on Sat, 29 Oct 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by EADG » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 3:39 am

Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:39 am

Thanks to all who organised this halloween, it was awesome!!!

Can't say much more about it, still recovering from this most embarassing sadomasochistic event... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eric

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:01 am

Wild Rover, this is especially for you - the party was a blast, you missed it, sucks to be you! :tongue:
Why am I supposed to feature in the embarassing pics huh? I'm a model of good behaviour! It was someone else who was doing silly things, not me. :D

Seraphim, you did it again! After Bintan, this party was awesome...keep it up!

Not sure if I have time to post the pics, will do so as and when I can. I did have a good laugh again in the morning today when I looked at them.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

Happy Holidays to One & ALL.....

Post by Minkcoat » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 1:59 pm

Thanks for the 'harrowing' experience of seeing my regular WNDC buddies dressed in their Halloween Fright Nite Best!!... :cool: :twisted:

I was tempted to try the whip! haha & it was hilarious to see the Caveman caving in his cozy corner with the ever sensational Purrrr scratch...... :P

D_Man - Hollywood beckons!~ Jim Carrey better take a backseat soon U were super kool in your yellow suit 8)

Great to catch up with you Kimi, MangoCar & ALL - till our next meeting
Happy Hols!! - MinkCoat :wink:
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

The Caveman

Post by The Caveman » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 3:09 pm

minkcoat,

I enjoyed your company, as well as that of all others that I met last night.

Couldnot have been better, it was fantastic... 8)

Caveman, the one and only
Last edited by The Caveman on Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
'i pull you up
i grab your hair
i give you hope
little whip
i give the black sun
to sear off your tounge
i gave you a life
little whip
a come on little whip'

Danzig

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 4:08 pm

sapphire wrote:Seraphim, you did it again! After Bintan, this party was awesome...keep it up!

Not sure if I have time to post the pics, will do so as and when I can. I did have a good laugh again in the morning today when I looked at them.
Aw shucks, ma'am....tweren't nothin'! :)

But I suggest you stop fiddling around in Ankor Wat and get them pictures posted! I wanna see!

By the way, nice one Caveman! :wink:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves, and thanks so much for coming! :D I'll be sure to come up with another fun night soon! :mrgreen:
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

MangoCar
Regular
Regular

Post by MangoCar » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 9:34 pm

The Caveman wrote:minkcoat,

I enjoyed your company, as well as that off all others that I met last night.

Couldnot have been better, it was fantastic... 8)

Caveman, the one and only

A nice pict is 'quoted' properly and perfectly. Sb. is always the miracle creator :lol: the Jungle Legend show is my favorite part last night.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:37 pm

:(

'nuff said Image

tequilabot

Post by tequilabot » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 9:14 am

THanks Saraphim..
So we know who to consult next time for the next party ... :P :P :P :P

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 2:13 pm

Seraphim : hats off to the hostess! =D> cant imagine how much more crazier it would have gone if we had not run out of booze!

MinkCoat : next time you better dress up Ma'am. Atleast in a mink coat ... :)

Mr CaveMan : Dont spoil the market pls - i usually charge money for what you performed for free :-|

Ms Catwoman : I WANT MY SHOTS!!

Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Minkcoat » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 3:16 pm

Gotcha! D_Man 8)
Thought 'ala naturale' was always D Best way to flaunt one's Blessed ASSets! :oops:
haha! ok next party I'll come in my fake Furry Minx ( I'm an ANIMAL Luver~! ) rest assured I won't be seen wearing stuff slaughtered off those poor creatures.
:wink: :D :)
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by superedge » Mon, 31 Oct 2005 1:39 pm

well..I could not go, even thou we had all our costumes done :) but with visitors at home plans always change

An interesting (and scarry) news about halloween :

source : http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/28/mistaken.suicide.ap/
Body hanging from tree mistaken for Halloween decoration

FREDERICA, Delaware (AP) -- The apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration, authorities said.

The 42-year-old woman used rope to hang herself across the street from some homes on a moderately busy road late Tuesday or early Wednesday, state police said.

The body, suspended about 15 feet above the ground, could be easily seen from passing vehicles.

State police spokesman Cpl. Jeff Oldham and neighbors said people noticed the body at breakfast time Wednesday but dismissed it as a holiday prank. Authorities were called to the scene more than three hours later.

"They thought it was a Halloween decoration," Fay Glanden, wife of Mayor William Glanden, told The (Wilmington) News Journal.

"It looked like something somebody would have rigged up," she said.