Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 1:05 pm

dear soar, i was also quite surprised that so many pple got through, cos i understand that around half will get through only. anyway, i heard that they need pple and this may be one of the reason why.

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 1:06 pm

cranberriess wrote:
lamepiggy wrote:how do we usually mingle during the tea party? likw what qn should we ask?
for us, we stood in a semi circle, one of the mgt pple talk to ask, the other one observed us. we just stood there and smile and gave shoet replies when needed.
do they come near u to talk to u? or they just sit down to talk to u?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Wed, 26 Oct 2005 1:07 pm

princessbelle, medical check up is free. everyone should be able to pass, unless you have some serious sickness. even though you may have some sickness, as long as its under control, can already.

triz

Post by triz » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:09 am

Hi cranberries,
heard that if you got any family member working in SIA, it will be much easier to get into. izzit true? :???:

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:15 am

triz wrote:Hi cranberries,
heard that if you got any family member working in SIA, it will be much easier to get into. izzit true? :???:
not sure about that.

reshu

Post by reshu » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 1:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm down to the final medical but its got me abit worried, coz i'm colour blind ! Totally forgot about that ! :mad:

Failed the bubble tests, but did pass the SQ one though .

Anyone know of current stewards who are slightly color blind ?

Please let me know, been having too many sleepless nights already :o

P.S : I can see traffic lights ! really i can !

jozo

Post by jozo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 1:27 pm

reshu,

Congrats for passing all the interviews.
Can you share with us how the interviews were like for the guys ? How many guys in your batch passed all the interviews ?

Thank you.

reshu

Post by reshu » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 1:53 pm

jozo wrote:reshu,

Congrats for passing all the interviews.
Can you share with us how the interviews were like for the guys ? How many guys in your batch passed all the interviews ?

Thank you.
Hey Thanks ! :)

The full cycle is as follows: (Pass Rate)

1st Day - Group Interview (3 out of 10)
- 1 to 1 Session (2 or 3 out of 3)

2nd Day - Psychometrics Test (No Eliminations)
- Water Confidence (35 out of 40)

3rd Day - Management Interview (9 out of 12)
- Tea Session (No Eliminations)

Medical Test - Same Day, then about 2 to 3 weeks later they will call/email you up to sign the bond.

Hope this helps ! :D

jozo

Post by jozo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 4:02 pm

Thanks reshu for the info.

The medical check up was conducted on the same day as the management interview ? Where was it held ? In STC ? I remembered previously was at Shaw in Orchard.

Also for the 2nd round, they did not ask you all to cat walk (walk towards the interviewers in swimming trunks ) ? Just only go for a psy test and a swim test ?

As for the management interview, anyone with slight crooked teeth got in ? Or all who got in have perfect teeth

Sorry for the many questions.

Thank you

reshu

Post by reshu » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 5:43 pm

jozo wrote:Thanks reshu for the info.

The medical check up was conducted on the same day as the management interview ? Where was it held ? In STC ? I remembered previously was at Shaw in Orchard.

Also for the 2nd round, they did not ask you all to cat walk (walk towards the interviewers in swimming trunks ) ? Just only go for a psy test and a swim test ?

As for the management interview, anyone with slight crooked teeth got in ? Or all who got in have perfect teeth

Sorry for the many questions.

Thank you
Hey no probs,

Medical - Still at Shaw, can go right after the tea session, or the next day if u prefer.

2nd Round - Not catwalk, but theres a short straight walk for them to check your posture/tattoos/scars i think.

Management Interview - I believe as long not too discoloured, shouldnt be a prob. Also important is the non-usage of singlish and proper business attire too.

Cheers :D

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 7:45 pm

reshu wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm down to the final medical but its got me abit worried, coz i'm colour blind ! Totally forgot about that ! :mad:

Failed the bubble tests, but did pass the SQ one though .

Anyone know of current stewards who are slightly color blind ?

Please let me know, been having too many sleepless nights already :o

P.S : I can see traffic lights ! really i can !
Really don't want to upset you and in all honesty I don't know the answer.
However, it will be important for you to recognize the indicator lights in the cabin - those on the overhead lockers that indicate whether somebody is stuck in the toilet, call from pilot or passenger. No doubt such things will also pertain to emergencies and equipment. What matters is SIA's criteria which might say color blindness is unacceptable but possibly (and it is a big might) might depend on what colors you are color blind to.

Don't let it get you down too much if you are unlucky, take it from me I suffer from something much worse than color blindness and worse still it is invisible to people and most doctors but not contagious I hasten to add.
Keep your chin up we can't all have what we most want do ask them if there are alternative jobs you can do if the need arises.

Best wishes.

Plavt.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 7:50 pm

cranberriess wrote:
triz wrote:Hi cranberries,
not sure about that.
That's something that often helps but no company ever admits it. I members of the same family working for the same employer so no doubt their contacts and knowledge of the company's interior working help but again nobody in the company will confirm or deny that.

Best Wishes.

Plavt.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 7:57 pm

This could also go against you - many companies have it as their policy not to have relatives working together.

Plavt, what are you doing on the dark side of this board? (Or is ours the dark side?)

Have you noticed how every third post is a repeat here, only by different people? Bizarre, bizarre . . .
One in the hand is worth two of something

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 8:12 pm

Quasimodo wrote:This could also go against you - many companies have it as their policy not to have relatives working together.

Plavt, what are you doing on the dark side of this board? (Or is ours the dark side?)

Have you noticed how every third post is a repeat here, only by different people? Bizarre, bizarre . . .

Yes I have noticed a number of queer things but tend to disregard them as there is nothing I can do about that. You are right about what you say about some companies not wanting their relatives working together but was just stating my experiences not whether or not I know SIA's policy. Although it is doubtful they would object since I already know some of the employees are related but they could of course change their policies.

Plavt.

triz

Post by triz » Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:53 pm

Thanks for the info 8)!! I quite contradict as i have a member workin in SIA. As Quasimodo mention that many compaines don't really want related staff workin under one roof. Plavt, can get more info from you(as you have member workin same company as u) as i want to clear my doubts and see whether there is a need to put down my member's name or not. Hope to get some advise.

Sorry for being so troublesome :oops: