Singapore Expats

husband is most likely having an affair

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 3:53 pm

elizabeth wrote:Hi there, dont think too highly about yourself.. May be your hubby dont like "princess" ..
:shock: Ah, no. The only one responsible for this man's affair is him. Hey have a good kick - we got a woman down over here!

varun
Regular
Regular

Post by varun » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 3:54 pm

There is no excuse for cheating. Period. If he doesn't like a princess, he had other options that do not include adultery.

- V.
elizabeth wrote:Hi there, dont think too highly about yourself.. May be your hubby dont like "princess" ..

ScooterBiscuit

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 3:58 pm

Hey Elizabeth. yes that may be true. Maybe he doesn't like smart, attractive, independent girls. Maybe he's after an ugly, dimwitted slave.

I really don't care who or what he likes at the moment. All I care about is taking care of me.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elizabeth » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:01 pm

k1w1 wrote:
:shock: Ah, no. The only one responsible for this man's affair is him. Hey have a good kick - we got a woman down over here!
:shooting:
pls if the man in her life is doing such thing to her, so what if she is a princess or not..

I too dont agreed with man having an affair out there, but somtimes it is the wife also play of part if the man have got an affair..

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elizabeth » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:04 pm

ScooterBiscuit wrote:Hey Elizabeth. yes that may be true. Maybe he doesn't like smart, attractive, independent girls. Maybe he's after an ugly, dimwitted slave.

I really don't care who or what he likes at the moment. All I care about is taking care of me.
i am sorry if i am too hush.. But man out there like woman who is more drama and expressive... being a princess and attactive is not all about in a relationship..

You are right.. Shoud take good care of yourself..

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:07 pm

Sorry. Ridiculous argument. "My wife made me sleep with someone else because of her behaviour"? Nope, not buying it. As Varun said, there were other options, ones that involved keeping his pants on.

ScooterBiscuit

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:10 pm

Now I understand where you're coming from. You're not being too harsh.

You are right - an affair usually indicates that there is problems in the marriage. And a successful marriage doesn't just happen as a result of me being attractive, smart and independent. Not that I am excusing his behaviour at all.

I did go through a bit of a rough patch where I was dealing with my own personal demons, a job I hated etc. I did treat my husband pretty badly - however, in his defence he was very patient and supportive of me. In hindsight I guess my behaviour did put a strain on the marriage. However, I came out of it all a happier and stronger person. I think he finds this hard to deal with.

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:12 pm

Scooterbiscuit,

I've only just read this today and I am truly sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I think it's fantastic that you have taken a stand and decided to go home to Aus for some breathing space. You're doing the right thing, even though it probably feels like a damn nightmare at the moment. My thoughts are with you and I wish you all the best. You'll come out stronger and shining, and that husband of yours will one day regret throwing away your marriage.

Best wishes to you :D

PS. Elizabeth, I don't know if I have misread your posts (I really hope so), but I dont know what you mean by

"but somtimes it is the wife also play of part if the man have got an affair.."

That is ridiculous. No man has to have an affair - if he has a spine and a heart he wouldn't even entertain the thought. Sorry if I have the wrong idea from your post, I may have read it wrong, it was a little hard to understand what you meant.

ScooterBiscuit

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:25 pm

Yeah. My life sux at the moment. But I am feeling so proud of myself for being strong and leaving. I know he will regret this. Even if he does, that's for him to deal with, not me.

ScooterBiscuit

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:27 pm

I'm about to leave for the airport. I may not post for a while but wanted to thank everyone for being so supportive.

I'll check in when I get back to Sydney. Enjoy this beautiful country. I'm sad to be leaving even though I have only been here for a few weeks.

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:30 pm

Exactly, he will be sorry for it one day. And you can look forward to when he comes crawling back and you giving him the come-uppance he deserves!

I hope being back in Australia helps this all seem a little clearer for you. *Hugs*

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon, 24 Oct 2005 4:33 pm

Travel safe SB - and hold your head high. You ARE brave and you do deserve to feel proud of yourself for being so strong. You're doing what many people would not have the strength to do. Kudos to you, sista :wave:

Kimi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Kimi » Fri, 28 Oct 2005 6:04 am

banana wrote:Call me crazy but I just think a relationship is about two individuals complementing each other, not becoming two halves to create one entity.
I just remembered I actually read in a picture/children's book about a ball/circle that was not complete as it's missing a piece of its body so it then went on a quest to search for the missing piece. It encountered different shapes of pieces and after finding out they're not the right piece, the ball moved on.
One day it found a piece that would fit the missing part of him. They completed each other and then they travelled together.
Throughout the journey, they basically grew and they didn't complete each other anymore so they went on their separate ways.
The ball became alone again and it again went on its quest.
It later found a smaller ball/circle and they found out that they got along and so they decided to travel together side by side.
During their journey together, they sort of completed each other, not by substituting what is missing on the other, but by growing together to be a whole ball/circle for both of them.

It was about 3 years ago when I read that children's book, can't remember the title by now unfortunately :(

Basically, I don't reckon I can tell what is the best for the OP to do, as one most likely would have to listen to him/herself what would be the best for him/herself. And if going back to Aus to start a "whole" fresh life, I wish you the very best wholeheartedly.

ScooterBiscuit

Back in Aust

Post by ScooterBiscuit » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 7:48 pm

Hi - it's me. I'm back in Australia.

How is everyone else

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: Back in Aust

Post by Vaucluse » Sun, 30 Oct 2005 8:12 pm

ScooterBiscuit wrote:Hi - it's me. I'm back in Australia.

How is everyone else

That's not really important now, is it?! What is important is - how are you?

'nuff said Image