Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stylus

Post by stylus » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 3:02 pm

Last edited by stylus on Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

just

hair and skin

Post by just » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 3:14 pm

my fren who was selected to be a SIA girl this yr told me that there were no skin check on her entire team....

as for hair...u just have to tie up....no need to bun up.

lein wrote:
summer28 wrote:Hi cranberries,

Thanks for the sharing...My interview is tom..guess i will bring sth to read since the waiting time will be very long. :o Oh yes! did they mention when the last round will be held for you? or do you have to wait for their email notification?

Cheers,
Summer
hi summer..urs tomm tooo? ive a problem bunning my hair. so EVERYONE went w proper neatly bunned hair? pls advise for those who went yday n today. thanks :)

T2K
Regular
Regular

Post by T2K » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 4:29 pm

Holy shit! This is the longest thread I've ever seen on any message board anywhere! I can't believe you people can talk about swim tests and acne scars and interviews and minimum height and wearing SIA kebayas and crap like that over and over again for so long. Amazing! Go for a one thousand page thread, you can do it!

triz

Post by triz » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 4:36 pm

Hi cranberries, izzit true that we need to speak very good english ib order to get into all the arounds? Which is the most difficult round to get in? Btw, congrates n all the best to you! :D

princessbelle

Re: hair and skin

Post by princessbelle » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 4:52 pm

just wrote:my fren who was selected to be a SIA girl this yr told me that there were no skin check on her entire team....

lein wrote:

Thanks for the sharing...My interview is tom..guess i will bring sth to read since the waiting time will be very long. :o Oh yes! did they mention when the last round will be held for you? or do you have to wait for their email notification?

Cheers,
Summer
hi summer..urs tomm tooo? ive a problem bunning my hair. so EVERYONE went w proper neatly bunned hair? pls advise for those who went yday n today. thanks :)

no skin check? then got teeth check or nt?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 5:36 pm

for my case, the interviewers asked all girls to bun up hair before going for the interview. everyone in my group bun up their hair. got bun up can already, no need to bun very nicely.

when they check my skin/teeth, they never do it obviously, like ask me to open my mouth etc. one of the ladies will come near me and talk to me, then you can actually see that she is looking at my face and checking it out. they asked me to pretend to serve drinks on the plane, but i can see that they are looking at my hands.

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 5:44 pm

triz wrote:Hi cranberries, izzit true that we need to speak very good english ib order to get into all the arounds? Which is the most difficult round to get in? Btw, congrates n all the best to you! :D
i feel that the most difficult round will be the coming interview with the mgt, cos you will grill with many questions. the previous rounds are just time consuming and have to depend a lot on luck.
no need good english, bu no singlish.

jejune

Post by jejune » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 6:06 pm

the management interview is precisely my main concern and worry too but i heard it is a 2-1 interview instd of a grp interview with management.
It will be another nerve wrecking experience again!!

:o

jejune

Re: hair and skin

Post by jejune » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 6:08 pm

just wrote:my fren who was selected to be a SIA girl this yr told me that there were no skin check on her entire team....

lein wrote:

Cheers,
Summer

i believe it is their new implementation to have the hair bunned up.
Coz we hafta do ours yday too.
:)

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 6:36 pm

jejune wrote:the management interview is precisely my main concern and worry too but i heard it is a 2-1 interview instd of a grp interview with management.

same here, heard that they will "torture" us with questions.....

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:38 pm

jejune wrote:the management interview is precisely my main concern and worry too but i heard it is a 2-1 interview instd of a grp interview with management.

Manager and AVP or something! :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:41 pm

cranberriess wrote:

same here, heard that they will "torture" us with questions.....
They basically wanna know more about you, your family and background. Perhaps more on an individual basis? Whether you're a team player or more of a leader will be revealed during the cross examination. Your psychomatrix results might be used during this stage eh?

Goodluck!! :cool:

kristen
Regular
Regular

Requirements

Post by kristen » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 7:20 pm

Dear All

what are the requirements now??im sure they are some changes..besides, they are always changing their standard requirements..

jozo

Post by jozo » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 9:34 pm

How did the guys' 2nd day interview go ? Anyone cares to share?

lein

Re: Requirements

Post by lein » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:57 pm

kristen wrote:Dear All

what are the requirements now??im sure they are some changes..besides, they are always changing their standard requirements..
well i heard they really really neeed a lot of crew...so maybe they are lowering their expectations? not too sure of that. but thats what i heard from the management people during our 2nd day of interview.
:)