Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ABuZZ

Post by ABuZZ » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:22 pm

cranberriess wrote:anyone knows how does the final interview with the top management goes? what questions will be ask or what will they be looking for?
hi,

You got in to the final round?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:28 pm

yes.

Edna

Post by Edna » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:45 pm

cranberriess wrote:yes.
hi there,

Just wondering what were the procedures for today's interview?
Thanks!

ABuZZ

Post by ABuZZ » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:50 pm

cranberriess wrote:yes.

Congrats to ya!! hehe...

so how was it?

How's the procedure like? Did they ask you to remove all your accessories? and how many girls were kicked out for the kebaya test?

I've got zits on my back...wonder if it'll affect my chances of getting in. btw, did any girls got kicked out bcos of their skin/complexion?

Sorry for asking so many questions. My kebaya test is tmr.. so im very tense up now.

glucose

Post by glucose » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 9:56 pm

ya...congrats...how did they conduct the uniform fitting round? were they very particular abt skin? also, did most bun their hair neatly?

lein

Post by lein » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 7:46 am

hi :) anyone who went for the fitting on wed, could u tell us briefly how it went? were the gals who turned up all had neatly bunned hair? i think most of us had no idea how to do it. how long did the whole day of interview take? 845 to 500? and, were a lot of gals kicked out for each round? waited long? the 3m jump was fun? ;) haa thanks

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:53 am

50 girls went for the interview on wed. first, try on kebaya and check skin. 39 girls got through.
then take some aptitude test, everyone will get through this.
next, change into swim wear, then check skin again, then water confidence test. jump into pool from a certain height. but will be given life vest. dare to jump can already. definitely will not sink. there are also many non-swimmers.

personally, i feel that one will not know what they are looking for. there are some beautiful and sweet girls that did not get through and some not that fantastic ones got through.
for complexion, some who has open pores, scars etc.. all get through. so i am also not too sure, for i thought that complexion is very important. but the HR pple there did mention that they have state certain flaws some girls have next to their names and it will be judge by the top mgt during the final interview.
so i guess the final interview is the most impt and see how one can convince the mgt. that's why i am so worry.

just to add, the interview process took the entire day and ended at around 6pm. around 34 girls got through to the mgt interview.

lein

Post by lein » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:20 am

thanks gal! that was really helpful.
im actually sick and my interview is tomm. so very very worried. well, will just prayto get well by tomm. so i believe theres a long wait in btw every round is that so? lunch provided?..thanks!
cranberriess wrote:50 girls went for the interview on wed. first, try on kebaya and check skin. 39 girls got through.
next, change into swim wear, then check skin again, then water confidence test. jump into pool from a certain height. but will be given life vest. dare to jump can already. definitely will not sink. there are also many non-swimmers.

personally, i feel that one will not know what they are looking for. there are some beautiful and sweet girls that did not get through and some not that fantastic ones got through.
for complexion, some who has open pores, scars etc.. all get through. so i am also not too sure, for i thought that complexion is very important. but the HR pple there did mention that they have state certain flaws some girls have next to their names and it will be judge by the top mgt during the final interview.
so i guess the final interview is the most impt and see how one can convince the mgt. that's why i am so worry.

just to add, the interview process took the entire day and ended at around 6pm. around 34 girls got through to the mgt interview.

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:24 am

its a longggggggggg wait. the test takes a very short time but the waiting time is madness. they will give us lunch break at the canteen, but we have to buy our own food.

summer28

Post by summer28 » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:19 pm

Hi cranberries,

Thanks for the sharing...My interview is tom..guess i will bring sth to read since the waiting time will be very long. :o Oh yes! did they mention when the last round will be held for you? or do you have to wait for their email notification?

Cheers,
Summer

angela

Post by angela » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:56 pm

cranberriess wrote:50 girls went for the interview on wed. first, try on kebaya and check skin. 39 girls got through.

Hi Cranberriess,

Is that true that some beautiful and sweet girls didnt get through but some of the not so fantastic ones got shortlisted for the final round??

It all sounds scary and unpredictable. I was thinking of applying for the next recruitment but now, my confidence has dropped dramatically to the critical level.

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 1:24 pm

Non-swimmers? so how did they get to the other end of the pool?? do you have to swim backstroke? or just any style which can get you to the other end?

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 1:49 pm

this is what i feel and what i see. one very sweet looking girl is not selected. whereas one with ance problem and the other with scars on the face is selected. some look quite good, but not selected too, whereas there is this lady, quite a tomboy got selected.
but the above is my personal opinion. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, maybe those selected that i think they are not pretty are good in other areas.
angela wrote:

Hi Cranberriess,

Is that true that some beautiful and sweet girls didnt get through but some of the not so fantastic ones got shortlisted for the final round??

It all sounds scary and unpredictable. I was thinking of applying for the next recruitment but now, my confidence has dropped dramatically to the critical level.

cranberriess

Post by cranberriess » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 1:52 pm

like what i mentioned, there are life vests provided. 101% will not sink. i cannot swim, my life vest is half inflated, i still went for the jump and managed to pass.
you jumped in, you will float up immediately and then MUST do a backstroke. basically i just kick my legs, move my hands and you will be able to reach the next end easily.
xoxo wrote:
Non-swimmers? so how did they get to the other end of the pool?? do you have to swim backstroke? or just any style which can get you to the other end?

lein

Post by lein » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 2:04 pm

summer28 wrote:Hi cranberries,

Thanks for the sharing...My interview is tom..guess i will bring sth to read since the waiting time will be very long. :o Oh yes! did they mention when the last round will be held for you? or do you have to wait for their email notification?

Cheers,
Summer
hi summer..urs tomm tooo? ive a problem bunning my hair. so EVERYONE went w proper neatly bunned hair? pls advise for those who went yday n today. thanks :)