Singapore Expats

Gulf Air

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Cas_Lam

Re: Gulf Air

Post by Cas_Lam » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 5:47 am

hihi... can anyone advice how do i apply online... try surfing thrg e site but still dono e way...thks for replies in advances... all e best to all applicants...

rdgs
Cas_Lam :D

Idealist wrote:Gulf Air is receiving applications for cabin crew currently. Has anyone been to the intw? I was invited early this yr but cldn't attend due to other commitments. Anyone care to share?

Diane

Re: Gulf Air

Post by Diane » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 4:25 am

Cas_Lam wrote:hihi... can anyone advice how do i apply online... try surfing thrg e site but still dono e way...thks for replies in advances... all e best to all applicants...

rdgs
Cas_Lam :D

Idealist wrote:Gulf Air is receiving applications for cabin crew currently. Has anyone been to the intw? I was invited early this yr but cldn't attend due to other commitments. Anyone care to share?
hi, just click on to careers and cabin crew and Far East Residents, and from there u can apply online. =)

Colleen

Re: So sure ar?

Post by Colleen » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:29 pm

hiccup wrote:
Guest wrote:my friend's sister applied online and got a call from them to attend the interview. and that was last year. so, u can apply online and once shortlisted, they will give u a call.
Sure or not? Received a call and attend interview? Wah...your friend's sister must be very rich to pay her own air-ticket to middle-east for interview. :shock:

If anybody applied online and get shortlisted, please pay your own air-ticket to Kingdom of Bahrain for interview. Only the interviewer will know whether you've secured the job or not.
Come on lah... U sound v immature... Of cos Gulfair grp comes to sg to conduct e interview lah... Seems like u've nv been invite to such important interviews b4.. Toking to such immature people is a waste of time... :lol:

Post by Guest » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 1:16 am

Colleen wrote:Come on lah... U sound v immature... Of because Gulfair grp comes to sg to conduct e interview lah... Seems like u've nv been invite to such important interviews b4.. Toking to such immature people is a waste of time... :lol:
Ooi...yo...didn't know your attitude can be like this in replying.

Please refer italic-bold sentences right at the bottom of this website: http://www.qatarairways.com/0.2041.0.0.1.0.htm

Kindly do not expect and take things granted that all Airlines (for sure) will be conducting interview right at your own home country.

Charlene

Post by Charlene » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 1:46 am

Anonymous wrote:
Colleen wrote:Come on lah... U sound v immature... Of because Gulfair grp comes to sg to conduct e interview lah... Seems like u've nv been invite to such important interviews b4.. Toking to such immature people is a waste of time... :lol:
Ooi...yo...didn't know your attitude can be like this in replying.

Please refer italic-bold sentences right at the bottom of this website: http://www.qatarairways.com/0.2041.0.0.1.0.htm

Kindly do not expect and take things granted that all Airlines (for sure) will be conducting interview right at your own home country.
hi, i think colleen is talking abt gulf air not qatar.

and she is right abt that hiccup person. that hiccup person is quite irritating. u sld see the posts he/she wrote in some forum, like a childish person. and some of the thing like the pay is it the same as the budget airlines, tiger airways, jetstar, etc. i mean gulf air and qatar is international carrier, so the pay of course isn't the same as the budget airlines.

well, also, both qatar and gulf air do come to singapore to recruit and do walk-in interviews, so anyone online and if shortlisted, u will received a call from them. and as for this sentence from qatar website u provided:
QUOTE FROM THE WEBSITE: Regrettably, due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

Cost of travel to the venue of the interview will be borne by the candidate.

didn't say that we have to fly over there for interview. it just means that we have to pay for our own transportation to the location, be it cabs, buses, etc. cos the journey might be long and cost more.

Cos not all the countries they go to conduct walk-in interviews are as small as singapore. for example, an interview in malaysia, they only conduct an interview in malaysia for the whole of malaysia, but only one locationm say penang, and people from all over malaysia travel down to penang for the interview, so if pp coming from K.L, J.B, etc. to penang for interview, they got to pay for their own transportation costs (be airplanes, coachs, buses, trains, etc.).

so when u apply to singapore, it seems funny cos singapore is a very small country..

it all apply to every other foreign airlines conducting/recruiting overseas candidates. they won't be so unreasonable at ask a shortlisted candidate from, lets say taiwan to fly all the way to middle east to attend an interview. likewise for SIA, if they are recruiting japanese cabin crew, or taiwaness cabin crew, they do the interviews in japan and taiwan.

Post by Guest » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 2:24 pm

Definately agree with Colleen and Charlene...

If you don't even understand simple English, I seriously think you should reconsider becoming a cabin crew and applying to be one! Go brush up your English first!!! :roll:

Mandy

Gulf Air Recruitment

Post by Mandy » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 9:57 am

Hi all !!! Is the Gulf Air interview open to everybody or just for those received calls from the interviewer? I wanted to apply online but i coundn't find any career site in Gulf Air website. Pls help me...

TQ in advance

Post by 1976 » Thu, 29 Sep 2005 1:20 pm

Hi

This is the link to Gulf Air's career page...

http://www.gulfaircareers.com/careers/g ... index.aspx

Good Luck!

Mandy

Gulf Air Recruitment

Post by Mandy » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 9:11 am

Thanks 1976 !!!!

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 5:23 pm

I've attend Gulfair interview early this year. Tink i sent my application to them frm their webby. It was held at Pan Pacific Hotel. They actually sent an email to me to attend e interview. Abt 100 gals (plus minus), some walk in.. We were told 2 sit in a room wif 2 recruitment officers (A man & a lady). Each was given a number and we hav 2 stand & self intro in front of the rest as well as e 2 ROs in sequent. After tis, ter's a short break, sandwishes & drk were serve. Abt 30min leta, we were back 2 the room and numbers were being called.. tos no. tat were call up proceed to e 2nd round. I was unsuccessful. So tat's much i noe abt gulfair interview.. Hope tis help abit.. :)

Mandy

Any ideas when Gulf Air coming to Singapore or Malaysia?

Post by Mandy » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:43 am

Dear all,

Any of you know when Gulf Air coming to Singapore or Malaysia for CC recruitment? Will they advertise in newspaper for open day or they will call those shortlisted candidates only to attend the interview?

How many days it takes to complete all interviews?

TQ

Mandy

Post by Mandy » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:53 am

Thanks Colleen, i overlooked your message, so Gulf Air will email to applicants for the interview details...

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed, 19 Oct 2005 4:45 pm

Mandy wrote:Thanks Colleen, i overlooked your message, so Gulf Air will email to applicants for the interview details...
Hi Mandy,

U can fill up ur application here..

www.gulfaircareers.com

I received an email frm them few days ago saying they re design their recruitment application and was told to re send my application to them again. I reckon their recruitment will be coming soon. Cos e last 1 was tis yr feb..

Good Luck dear. :)

Trish
Regular
Regular

re:gulf air

Post by Trish » Thu, 20 Oct 2005 9:07 pm

hi colleen, i also received the email fr them a few days ago. when i saw the email was fr recruitment@gulfair, i tot i was shortlisted for the upcoming interview. haha. i hpe tt they will be comng to Singapore sn for recruitment. i am really looking forward!

Mandy

There are no planned interviews for Far East

Post by Mandy » Sat, 22 Oct 2005 8:53 am

I received this after applied 2 weeks ago. Read the bottom line of below letter. Colleen,Trish, is it the email the same you received?

Thank you for applying the post GULF1185-Flight Attendants (Far East residents)

We have redesigned our recruitment process for Flight Attendants. If you are still be interested in working for us, which we hope that you are, please reapply through our new online application at www.gulfaircareers.com.

We have recruitment campaigns currently underway, details of which can be viewed on www.aviationjobsearch.com. So please reapply as soon as possible to get that invitation to an interview that could transform your life, to a tax-free, sun drenched existence with the premier airline in the Middle East.

We look forward to receiving your new application and will be in touch as soon as possible.

With best regards

Cabin Crew Training & Standards

NB. With regards to the question about applying to Gulf Air in the last 6 months, please answer "no".

There are no planned interviews for Far East or Indian subcontinent residents at this time.