Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 9:29 pm

lein wrote:hee...went for interview at 2pm today and got pass round 2. now to clear the nxt round of kebaya fitting and water confidence. can anyone who has been thru the water confidence tell if FOR SURE we will get a life jacket? im scared of deep waters tho i can float...sigh.....
You will be given thou the height is about 3m from where you're gonna jump into? But it's fun so try not to think about where you're jumping from but rather where you're gonna "swim" towards?

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 9:34 pm

jejune wrote:no wonder.
in my grp 6 of us got in too...and i wonder why the high success rate.
but i guess the elimination rate is higher too.

:o
Ger, please... I will place my bet on ya k? :cool:

jejune

Post by jejune » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 9:46 pm

M wrote:
jejune wrote:no wonder.
in my grp 6 of us got in too...and i wonder why the high success rate.
but i guess the elimination rate is higher too.

:o
Ger, please... I will place my bet on ya k? :cool:
U and ur equinox ah??
heee.... :P

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:22 pm

HI lein

Congrat!! and for those who got in for the next round.
So, When is the next round water test?
Happy go Lucky

Belle07

: (

Post by Belle07 » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:33 pm

Hi everyone..
Congrats to u girls who managed to get through to the next round. I went for the interview too tis am. But unfortunately, i was unsuccessful to proceed after the group session. Im really sad because i hav tried my best yet i dun hav a clue wat wen wrong wit me. Furthermore, tis is not my first time applying. And each time, im either not shortlisted or unsuccessful to proceed after the group session. Im extremely sad because im 26 tis year and i feel tat it will be hard for me the next time round. Really envy those who managed to continue..Nway, i hav a few qs n hoped tat u guys could help me. Isit possible for me to submit my application again for the 2nd batch in Nov like wat is being stated here? Im demoralized....

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: : (

Post by M » Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:51 pm

Belle07 wrote:Hi everyone..
Congrats to u girls who managed to get through to the next round. I went for the interview too tis am. But unfortunately, i was unsuccessful to proceed after the group session. Im really sad because i hav tried my best yet i dun hav a clue wat wen wrong wit me. Furthermore, tis is not my first time applying. And each time, im either not shortlisted or unsuccessful to proceed after the group session. Im extremely sad because im 26 tis year and i feel tat it will be hard for me the next time round. Really envy those who managed to continue..Nway, i hav a few qs n hoped tat u guys could help me. Isit possible for me to submit my application again for the 2nd batch in Nov like wat is being stated here? Im demoralized....
Sorry to hear that but I reckon your application will not be processed. It's not an open recruitment and furthermore you have just tried in Oct.

But don't give up your desire or passion yeah?

miss_phy

Post by miss_phy » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:39 am

M wrote:
Sorry to hear that but I reckon your application will not be processed. It's not an open recruitment and furthermore you have just tried in Oct.

Hi M,

When you mention that the nov batch is not an open recruitment, how should we apply? Who will SQ choose from? :???:

lein

Post by lein » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:46 am

M wrote:
lein wrote:hee...went for interview at 2pm today and got pass round 2. now to clear the nxt round of kebaya fitting and water confidence. can anyone who has been thru the water confidence tell if FOR SURE we will get a life jacket? im scared of deep waters tho i can float...sigh.....
You will be given thou the height is about 3m from where you're gonna jump into? But it's fun so try not to think about where you're jumping from but rather where you're gonna "swim" towards?

HI m..thanks thanks! am so lucky to make it thru i think! :) but really, i was wondering again when i saw the indemnity form which we have to sign for the water confidence test..u noe the things written on it like in case of death and all........i mean..who will drown in a life jacket? so i was wondering if they might not give ? (maybe they forgot?) eh...haa! but doubt so i think its just a procedure thing rite

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 1:34 am

miss_phy wrote:
M wrote:

Hi M,

When you mention that the nov batch is not an open recruitment, how should we apply? Who will SQ choose from? :???:
Hi Miss_Phy,

What M meant is that there were alot of applications for this Oct intake, therefore SQ will conducting the interviews into 2 sessions.. The next round of interviews will be for the rest of the applications.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Soar

Post by Paige » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 1:40 am

soar wrote:Yes they are recruiting more this time round (according to my current Trainer!)!!! :)

Good luck to all!!!
Hi Soar,

That's good news man.. But well... I hope that I can make it for the next session of interview.. Hope I'm shortlisted, as i mentioned, I'm already 25 this year.. Really hope to become a cabin crew...

Cheers!
Paige

jozo

Post by jozo » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 9:19 am

Do you think there will be a 2nd interview for the guys ? I guess many have not receive their invitations.

Belle07

Post by Belle07 » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:19 am

Hi M..Thanks for ur reply. U r such a kind soul. May God bless u. Nway...how long does an unsuccessful applicant has to wait before being able to apply again? Do u hav any idea? Isit possible if i were to juz submit my application again? Will they blacklist or throw my application away? Hoped tat u or anyone out there can ans my qs...Thanks. God bless... :-|

astrobod

Post by astrobod » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:23 am

jozo wrote:Do you think there will be a 2nd interview for the guys ? I guess many have not receive their invitations.
i sent in my application on the 27th of sept and its my first time applying. i still have not receive their invites. i really hope they have a 2nd batch of interview. anybody sent on the 27th and did not receive a reply?
:???:

ABuZZ

Post by ABuZZ » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:56 am

Hi,

I got through the 2nd round and i've got some questions to ask.

What is the dress code for the 3rd round? Formal or casual?

Please advise.. thank you :D

miss_phy

Post by miss_phy » Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:07 pm

Paige wrote:
miss_phy wrote:
M wrote: Sorry to hear that but I reckon your application will not be processed. It's not an open recruitment and furthermore you have just tried in Oct.

Hi M,

Hi Miss_Phy,

What M meant is that there were alot of applications for this Oct intake, therefore SQ will conducting the interviews into 2 sessions.. The next round of interviews will be for the rest of the applications.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Thanks Paige.

Just hope I get shortlisted in this 2nd session. Sent in my application on 24th afternoon.