Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: another round..

Post by Paige » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 3:35 pm

lein wrote:
Paige wrote:Dear girls...

I had juz called and checked.. They will have another round of interview for girls.. because this time too many applications and they cant conduct within 1 day...
So.. juz be patient k ? I sent in on 22nd Sep.. But still haven gotten any reply yet...

There's still hope...

Cheers!
Paige :wink:
Hi Paige / and all others who havent gotten,
yea i called in too and they actually din receive my application sent on the 23rd. they asked me to resend and i did...the guy ( a very helpful and nice chap)told me no slots on sat....he said will try toslot me in if im in a hurry! of course im not that hopeful and i dun wan to disrupt the schedule. he said there will be another batch interview soon maybe in nov. too many applicants. hope this helps for all others who are still waiting...
Hi Lein..

Yup.. i agree with you.. The guy is very helpful and friendly.. Mayb hes the same one?
Let's juz be patient..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 3:46 pm

hihi! can someone care to tell me what is the hotline for e hR department? i wanna call up & ask too... i sent my application on the 23rd but no reply too... thanks!!

lein

just receive it!

Post by lein » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:34 pm

hey gals i just receive my invite! :) finally....but sadly i think its the last slot cos the guy told me 2 pm is the last slot and mine is at 2. im sure they will have another batch interview so keep trying! im sure they will send out another round of invites soon! :)

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 4:49 pm

i think it isnt nice to keep calling them. they migh be irritaed. i mean i wld if i keep getting calls asking abt individual applications..

miss lala

HR

Post by miss lala » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 5:05 pm

so what's the correct number to call to enquire?

ledley_king

Post by ledley_king » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 7:40 pm

hey everyone.. :shock:

just got my interview notice this afternoon and i'm down for the sunday slot at 1140..

alot of the posts here have been about the interview process for the ladies so i was wondering if there's any difference for the guys'..definitely getting abit nervous though..haha..

anyway my msn is [email protected] so if any of u guys going for the interviews this weekend wanna talk abt it feel free to add me ya? Good Luck everyone!

P.S. do the guys have to wear a tie?

lein

Post by lein » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 8:24 pm

hi can anyone give some suggestions on what to wear other than formal office suits? im sure not everyone wears suits. it makes them look....stiff? :P so what else will be good?

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:54 pm

hi ledley_king,

We are in the same time slot 1140am.
Smart executive wear with tie should be alright.
Happy go Lucky

ledley_king

Post by ledley_king » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:58 pm

alrite cheers bro..

guy

Congrats!

Post by guy » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:07 pm

Congrats to all those who received the invites for the interview.

All the best.

Cheerios

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:09 pm

bryocketh wrote:i think it isnt nice to keep calling them. they migh be irritaed. i mean i wld if i keep getting calls asking abt individual applications..

One word of advice from someone who has hired quite a few people:

If you feel you are good enough and not getting a fair shake - call, call, call. This will have two possible outcomes - the first being that they will get pissed off with you and chuck your application, which is no great loss as they had not responded to it anyway. The second is that they will take a look at it again and possibly look at it a bit closer. You lose nothing by trying - as long as you do so professionally, and don't whinge, whine or grovel.

Good luck to all you guys and gals that are trying - please take good care of this PPS-dude when I fly.

'nuff said Image

carsiao

Post by carsiao » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:10 pm

To all guys.... time is drawing nearer to our I-Day, so let's pray hard everything is fine.... :cool:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:13 pm

bryocketh wrote:
i think it isnt nice to keep calling them. they migh be irritaed. i mean i wld if i keep getting calls asking abt individual applications..

One word of advice from someone who has hired quite a few people:

If you feel you are good enough and not getting a fair shake - call, call, call. This will have two possible outcomes - the first being that they will get pissed off with you and chuck your application, which is no great loss as they had not responded to it anyway. The second is that they will take a look at it again and possibly look at it a bit closer. You lose nothing by trying - as long as you do so professionally, and don't whinge, whine or grovel.

Good luck to all you guys and gals that are trying - please take good care of this PPS-dude when I fly.

Ah, one comment on the dess style - may I suggest a suit and tie . . . Try to make the best impression - rememebr you have one shot at this and you'll be wearing suits when you fly anyway . . .

'nuff said Image

mahalo21

Post by mahalo21 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:18 pm

can u guys pls advise on e no. to call again?
samsoh: how did they react when u called?

jess1983

Post by jess1983 » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:44 pm

hey...

i also have not received the email for the interview yet. i sent it in on 24th, afternoon time. I just hope that there will be a second interview like what u gals said.

anyone just to check.. did anyone receive emails for those that send in after 22nd??

i have been checking my email anxiously for these past few days especially... but keep getting disappointment.

for those who are going for the interview on sat and sun, GOOD LUCK!!
for those who have not received the email, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that we will all go to the second interview if they have it. :)

and i think it's essential to wear business suits, i went for emirates interview and i can say that 80% are wearing formal wear. it sort of increase the chances of getting in, and with extremely neat hair of course. I did not do all that, thats why i did not get in...