Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
gueststar

Post by gueststar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 9:25 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
samsoh wrote:
lein wrote: Samsoh : yes im gonna give up waiting too. its kinda tiring to always be keeping close watch on my email alert popups...haha. to many others still waiting...do keep trying for the next few rounds of applications. and lastly to all who got in, all the best for this coming weekend's interviews :) keep us updated on what they ask and how it goes...
Lein,

This is my first and last time trying.
I guess is my age. 27 soon 28 next year.
I'm a degree holder. Over qualified...possible right!!!!
Anyway life still have to go on :-|

"suffering for the past week to wait for the answer, finally it's just a dream"
No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

And I heard the RO say specifically that they WILL select you if you're exceptionally good!! (Yes!! Even if you're 29 years of age) Meaning, exceptionally handsome or pretty (and meet all requirements stated on advertisement as well). So, for those ppl who are 26, going on 27, please spend $$ on professional pictures which brings out the BEST side of you. :)

All's not lost yet..but you lose the battle if you give up now... so chin up pal!!
Hi tinkerbelle, how did you manage to get in touch with the RO? You called them?

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:25 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
Juzzy wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote: No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

And I heard the RO say specifically that they WILL select you if you're exceptionally good!! (Yes!! Even if you're 29 years of age) Meaning, exceptionally handsome or pretty (and meet all requirements stated on advertisement as well). So, for those ppl who are 26, going on 27, please spend $$ on professional pictures which brings out the BEST side of you. :)

All's not lost yet..but you lose the battle if you give up now... so chin up pal!!
Hi Tinkerbelle,

How do u know SIA has a guideline to follow? Is this guideline only for the shortlisting or throughout the entire recruitment? if it is the latter, den i got lotz to worry.. i am 158 exactly, and my skin teeth arent perfect!!
I'm no SIA spokesperson and I wont be able to foresee if your skin and teeth are gonna give u trouble during interview because i dont have a crystal ball which i can tell fortune from.

All I can say is, try to change whatever that is within your control. If your teeth arent perfect, maybe u'll like to visit the dentist. Skin wise, maybe you can visit a dermatologist. Ive got only info about age.. sorry. :)
Thank you Tinkerbelle, I will just try my luck and hopefully, my skin n teeth wun give much problem, not much time left either!

Good luck Gers! :cool:

guy

Post by guy » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:30 pm

Guess i must have been the lucky one here, cuz i'm already 27 and got shortlisted for the interview.

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:44 pm

I am 21 this year. Is it possible to apply as a steward? I need this job badly becoz i need to save up for my higher education. I've my A levels with me and French and 14 months of voluntary service. How can I stand out? Do I stand a low chance coz I'm young? Help pls!

swist

Re: hello ss

Post by swist » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:45 pm

ss wrote:
swist wrote:Anyone going for SIA interview this saturday(15th October) at 11.40am???
:D im going.. join us?

ok... where and at what time are you girls meeting up?
Can add me on msn? at [email protected]

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Re: for Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:53 pm

soar wrote:girl,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?

All the best, and you never know when youll receive the invite email. (I received my invite on a Thursday for interview on Sunday in Jul)

Paige wrote:
zoergal wrote:
HI Paige,

Well..dun be so dishearted..budget airlines oso get to travel ard in regional countries ...but do any1 have any ideas ..how much is the pay for the tiger airways?

:roll:
Thanks for the encouragement Zoegal..
But I had been applying SQ for the past 1 yr.. and didnt even get shortlisted @ all.. im thinking izit becoz im 25? or becoz im a under-graduate? Is there anyone who's shortlisted and is oso a degre holder?

Cheers! :wink:
Hi Soar,

Thanks for your encouragement... Really needed that alot... Well... I'm very disappointed already... This past one year.. everytime when there's a recruitment, I oways tot there's a hope.. But didnt get shortlisted @ all... Well... I lost all my confidence and hope liao...

Paige... :(

jozo

sia

Post by jozo » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:56 pm

Abastos,
Did u send in your application that time ?

nicenice

Post by nicenice » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:59 pm

lene67 wrote:
nicenice wrote: hi gals,
im oso in the 11am slot. can join u gals? :)
Hi,
would you want to leave us your email address? Thanks!
hi, my email is [email protected].
:D

saken

Post by saken » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 9:22 am

:wink: Hello! any guys shortlisted for sunday's 11am slot?? can someone advise me on the dress code? :-|

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

After apply for 1 year...

Post by Paige » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:14 am

Dear All,

After applying for 1 yr, up till today i javen't even gotten any email regarding the interview... Should I call SQ HR or Cabin crew dept or SIA training centre to ask abt my application?

Please help...

Paige.. :cry:

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:14 am

Any guy or gal who sent in application ON or After 22.Sep got shortlisted?
Possible 2nd batch interview for the late applicants due to large num of applicant and tight time slot?
Happy go Lucky

lein

Post by lein » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:20 am

samsoh wrote:Any guy or girl who sent in application ON or After 22.Sep got shortlisted?
Possible 2nd batch interview for the late applicants due to large num of applicant and tight time slot?
hi samsoh...its thurs! oh well ive given up hopes. any news from ur side? did u like call the HR dept up or something? maybe they will have a 2nd batch.

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:28 am

lein wrote:
samsoh wrote:Any guy or girl who sent in application ON or After 22.Sep got shortlisted?
hi samsoh...its thurs! oh well ive given up hopes. any news from ur side? did u like call the HR dept up or something? maybe they will have a 2nd batch.
Lein,

I still hesitating wanna call or not cuz i afraid my call will iritate the HR and put my name into their black list.
:cry: n :cry:
Happy go Lucky

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:45 am

I called the HR..

Can you believe..I was shortlisted
They are sending out another round of invitation email in afternoon....
Lein.....
Just wait till noon and see how. OK!!
Last edited by samsoh on Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy go Lucky

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:57 am

samsoh wrote:I called the HR..

Can you believe..I WAS SHORTLISTED.
They are sending out another round of invitation email in afternoon....
Lein.....
Just wait till noon and see how!! :D
hi samsoh,

congrats...u finally got it...see...those who haven receive the invite ..pls dun give up... :wink: