Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
samsoh

Post by samsoh » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:05 pm

hi tinkerbelle,

Thanks for your encouragement and comments.
So if the fact that their criteria for age limit is 26 yrs old. ("What i heard is 30 for guys ")
So I shouldn't expect anything anymore, cos I'm not "exceptionally outstanding". I workout very hard, I learnt grooming, sent in my best shot of pictures. huh! I can say lots of effort.
Anyway i'm fine. Face the reality of life!
JIA YOU
Happy go Lucky

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:07 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
samsoh wrote:
lein wrote: Samsoh : yes im gonna give up waiting too. its kinda tiring to always be keeping close watch on my email alert popups...haha. to many others still waiting...do keep trying for the next few rounds of applications. and lastly to all who got in, all the best for this coming weekend's interviews :) keep us updated on what they ask and how it goes...
Lein,

This is my first and last time trying.
I guess is my age. 27 soon 28 next year.
I'm a degree holder. Over qualified...possible right!!!!
Anyway life still have to go on :-|

"suffering for the past week to wait for the answer, finally it's just a dream"
No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

And I heard the RO say specifically that they WILL select you if you're exceptionally good!! (Yes!! Even if you're 29 years of age) Meaning, exceptionally handsome or pretty (and meet all requirements stated on advertisement as well). So, for those ppl who are 26, going on 27, please spend $$ on professional pictures which brings out the BEST side of you. :)

All's not lost yet..but you lose the battle if you give up now... so chin up pal!!
Hi Tinkerbelle,

How do u noe SIA has a guideline to follow? Is this guideline only for the shortlisting or throughout the entire recruitment? if it is the latter, den i got lotz to worry.. i am 158 exactly, and my skin teeth arent perfect!!

ipodnano

Post by ipodnano » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 2:35 pm

just try and try... applying does not guarantee that you'll get in... but if you don't try, it is 100% sure that you won't get in, right?

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 3:36 pm

cannot access the tigerairways site tho. sth wrong with their java script. can anyone paste the exact link to the career page here?

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 3:44 pm

bryocketh wrote:cannot access the tigerairways site tho. sth wrong with their java script. can anyone paste the exact link to the career page here?
Hi Bryocketh,
below is the link...
http://www.tigerairways.com/pdf/CABIN_C ... N_FORM.doc

You juz hav to save or open the file and wait while.. then can liao..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

miss lala

Post by miss lala » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 3:49 pm

[quote=No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

And I heard the RO say specifically that they WILL select you if you're exceptionally good!! (Yes!! Even if you're 29 years of age) Meaning, exceptionally handsome or pretty (and meet all requirements stated on advertisement as well). So, for those ppl who are 26, going on 27, please spend $$ on professional pictures which brings out the BEST side of you. :)

All's not lost yet..but you lose the battle if you give up now... so chin up pal!![/quote]
Hi! Certain that those over 26 are not shortlisted for this time round? Hmm...I am turning 23 next mth, but didn't receive any notification either! Wondering if my application didn't get send thro, am over-qualified becos i'm a degree holder, or if the pics I send in aren't good enough! :(

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 4:21 pm

miss lala wrote:[quote=No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

All's not lost yet..but you lose the battle if you give up now... so chin up pal!!
Hi! Certain that those over 26 are not shortlisted for this time round? Hmm...I am turning 23 next mth, but didn't receive any notification either! Wondering if my application didn't get send thro, am over-qualified becos i'm a degree holder, or if the pics I send in aren't good enough! :([/quote]

Dear Miss Lala,

It has nothing to do with you being a degree holder. SIA welcomes applicants with higher edu. level, maybe not Masters.

You're only about to reach 23, still young, keep on trying!

All da best!

Vinegar

Post by Vinegar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 5:17 pm

miss lala wrote:[quote=No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

Hi! Certain that those over 26 are not shortlisted for this time round? Hmm...I am turning 23 next mth, but didn't receive any notification either! Wondering if my application didn't get send thro, am over-qualified becos i'm a degree holder, or if the pics I send in aren't good enough! :([/quote]

I have friends that are degree holders working for SIA.
Dont worry, I suppose there are too many applicants, they may arrange another interview session. :) Some podders even get their invitation 2 days before the interview.

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 5:50 pm

Samsoh,
Don't be dishearten and don't give up!
For guys, age is not a problem. SIA prefers mature guys to young guys. There are quite a number of stewards who joined SQ when they were age 26 and above. In fact, nowadays, I don't see any guys below 23 joining. So do not give up. As for a degree holder, SIA would not mind BUT during the interview, you will have to convince them that you want to join SIA as a cabin crew. There are quite a lot of degree holders stewards n stewardess out there.

To the rest out there, all the best for your upcoming interviews and remember...be confident and humble!

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:15 pm

Juzzy wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:
samsoh wrote: Lein,

This is my first and last time trying.
I guess is my age. 27 soon 28 next year.
I'm a degree holder. Over qualified...possible right!!!!
Anyway life still have to go on :-|

"suffering for the past week to wait for the answer, finally it's just a dream"
No!! Its not just a dream... dun give up juz like that. For this time round, SIA has a guideline to follow. All applicants above age 26 are not shortlisted becos of that. But its hard to say if they come up with an age requirement next round.

Hi Tinkerbelle,

How do u know SIA has a guideline to follow? Is this guideline only for the shortlisting or throughout the entire recruitment? if it is the latter, den i got lotz to worry.. i am 158 exactly, and my skin teeth arent perfect!!
I'm no SIA spokesperson and I wont be able to foresee if your skin and teeth are gonna give u trouble during interview cos i dont have a crystal ball which i can tell fortune from.

All I can say is, try to change whatever that is within your control. If your teeth arent perfect, maybe u'll like to visit the dentist. Skin wise, maybe you can visit a dermatologist. Ive got only info about age.. sorry. :)

ss

Re: hello

Post by ss » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 6:54 pm

swist wrote:Anyone going for SIA interview this saturday(15th October) at 11.40am???
:D im going.. join us?

miss lala

Post by miss lala » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 7:35 pm

Thanks Beagle_lover and Vinegar!

Guess i'll wait & see what happens! Hopefully they'll send out the remainin invites soon! Just a little less time to prepare for it though... If I do get the invite, i'll join you guys, whoever's slated for the same timing, it'll be fun!

Bittersweet

Post by Bittersweet » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 7:41 pm

:)
Last edited by Bittersweet on Sat, 15 Oct 2005 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

soar

for Paige

Post by soar » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 7:43 pm

Gal,

I am 25 this year (same as you!), am a Local Uni degree holder (2nd lower!), i was shortlisted and got through the Jul (yes this year!) interviews. Am currently training at STC.

Understand your situation, as much as i wish i got an answer to why you dont even get shortlisted, i still cannot find an answer! ???????

Theres definately no dis-preference towards degree holders (many degree holders flying with SIA, some even choose to be grounded after some time of flying, then can be cabin crew executives or other posts), in fact, they have over the years increased min requirement from O Levels previously to A Levels now. Your age also no problem. Unless there is something very wrong with wither your application form or cover letter?

All the best, and you never know when youll receive the invite email. (I received my invite on a Thursday for interview on Sunday in Jul)

Paige wrote:
zoergal wrote:
Paige wrote: Hi Zoegal,

Yup im giving it a try... then see how...
But it's abit wasted for the degree holder to become a cabin crew for budget airlines?
Well.. see how.. I mite not be shortlisted oso..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

HI Paige,

Well..dun be so dishearted..budget airlines oso get to travel ard in regional countries ...but do any1 have any ideas ..how much is the pay for the tiger airways?

:roll:
Thanks for the encouragement Zoegal..
But I had been applying SQ for the past 1 yr.. and didnt even get shortlisted @ all.. im thinking izit becoz im 25? or becoz im a under-graduate? Is there anyone who's shortlisted and is oso a degre holder?

Cheers! :wink:

glitteries

Post by glitteries » Wed, 12 Oct 2005 7:50 pm

anyways rec silkair 3rd interview. they said they gonna send us by wed(todae) but i din rec.. sigh i guess im kicked out.. let me know if u guys rec email // ty