Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
carsiao

Mine is in the morning

Post by carsiao » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:47 am

i received the e-mail around today afternoon 3-4pm. was in the 8.40am slot. no worry people, guess some of ya gotta wait for them to reply to ya all. Let's pray hard for those who haven received their invitation yet....

lein

Post by lein » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 2:47 am

hiccup wrote:
M wrote:Not necessarily to put Singaporeans down though it's known that they prefer Malaysians cause they are more hardworking but that doesn't imply for the entire herd isnt it?
See, you also knew that SIA prefer Malaysians because they are hardworking! Malaysians are humble in personality too.

Do you know it is so difficult to strike a casual conversation with a Singaporean lady than Malaysian lady? Now, can see my point why Malaysians are approachable?

I was changing my BMW's tyre on a street behind Pelangi Plaza, one Chinese lady offered me her handphone to call for help.

They are lots of comparisons between Singaporean and Malaysian ladies. SIA do open their eyes when selecting applicants and priority sure reserve for them (Malaysians). I am pleased that you are awared of this situation.

If you can get in SIA, I will be happy for you. For sure, I wouldn't hesitate to give you free meal voucher at Alkaff Mansion if you are able to tell me the selected applicants are more than 65% Malaysians!

Well, i do have lotsa friends in SIA and i must say both m'sians and singaporeans stewardess / steward look just as good. maybe M'sians have a stronger / more defined look cos of part of their malay blood descent i must say...msian chinese do have sharper features. then again, we are mainly comparing chinese here and ahem*...its sensitive here so lets leave it just as it is. and....i thought alkaff mansion has been closed for ages? its like a deserted building...i know it cos i was doing the redesign! :P
anyway I HAVENT gotten my invite and still still waiting.......
pretty hopeless i should say. i doubt miracles will happen this time round...sigh

gerl

Re: Mine is in the morning

Post by gerl » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:40 am

carsiao wrote:i received the e-mail around today afternoon 3-4pm. was in the 8.40am slot. no worry people, guess some of ya gotta wait for them to reply to ya all. Let's pray hard for those who haven received their invitation yet....
Hi carsiao,

can i know when did you send in your application as in which date?
Thanks

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:54 am

hi Lein,

Don't give up hope ok!! JIA YOU.
I'm still waiting ....
praying for the best to come!
Happy go Lucky

lein

Post by lein » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:26 am

samsoh wrote:hi Lein,

Don't give up hope ok!! JIA YOU.
I'm still waiting ....
praying for the best to come!
samsoh, i think the gals one is over. seems like the day 15 oct's slots are all full. now its on the 16th oct for the guys...which means ur invite will come soon!!...:D but not mine :(

ss

Post by ss » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:52 am

GraceTee wrote:Hi Lene, This is Grace here, my time slot same as u. wana meet up on that day? where u stay?
Hei.. Lene n Grace.. i got selected for interview too.... can i join u gals....bit scare haha

miss_phy

Any girls haven't gotten their interviews?

Post by miss_phy » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:14 pm

Hi there,

Any girls who haven't gotten a response?
especially those who submitted their application on the 23rd?

I submitted mine on the 24th in the afternoon, and i haven't heard from them...

no hope?

xoxo

Re: Any girls haven't gotten their interviews?

Post by xoxo » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:21 pm

miss_phy wrote:Hi there,

no hope?
me, i still don't have. sad :( think we got to wait for another 3 months or more....
continue trying next time!

cheeky

Post by cheeky » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 1:33 pm

Hi there,

I also sent in pretty early, but there is no news still, from them.

I dun think they will still send out invitation as they will give time for preparation, today is alr tuesday and the interview is this coming weekend!

I am pretty discourage, as i am alr 26 this yr :( last yr to appy yet no chance to even go for it

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 2:47 pm

cheeky wrote:Hi there,

I dun think they will still send out invitation as they will give time for preparation, today is alr tuesday and the interview is this coming weekend!

I am pretty discourage, as i am alr 26 this yr :( last yr to appy yet no chance to even go for it
Dont be gal.. its not the end of the world. Theres still BA, EK, Qatar, Gulf Air, JAL and Silkair. If this is really what you wanna do, then i guess it doesnt really matter which airline you work for. Plus, EK crews are the most highly paid in the industry.. the downside is you'll have to relocate to Dubai.

I s'pose if you really really wanna join SQ, you can always work for another int'l carrier than reapply as experienced crew!! So dont lose heart!! :)

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 2:56 pm

cheeky wrote:Hi there,

Hi Cheeky,

Dun be disappointed... Well... this past 1 year, i have been applying for sq whenever they have opening and was not even shortlisted... Well.. I also dunoe wats wrong... I'm already 25... but dun give up.. apply again when they have an opening..

Cheer up.. and dun give up...

Cheers!
paige

lein

Post by lein » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 3:27 pm

no hope?
ME! no response....nothing. sigh. i sent in mine on the 23rd 11pm. a little late i supposed.....

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 3:51 pm

lein wrote:

no hope?
ME! no response....nothing. sigh. i sent in mine on the 23rd 11pm. a little late i supposed.....
Hi Lein,

I sent mine on the 22nd, oso havent gotten any reply yet..
Paige.. :-|

lene67

Post by lene67 » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 4:07 pm

ss wrote:
GraceTee wrote:Hi Lene, This is Grace here, my time slot same as u. wana meet up on that day? where u stay?
Hei.. Lene n Grace.. i got selected for interview too.... can i join u gals....bit scare haha
Hi ss,

Sure, we can meet up. what's your email address?

Regards,

Lene

charle

Post by charle » Tue, 11 Oct 2005 4:11 pm

hi, i got invited for the guys interview this sunday at 1020 am. Guys dun give up hope yet!