Singapore Expats

Looking for a Business Mentor...

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
sunnyone

Looking for a Business Mentor...

Post by sunnyone » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 11:15 pm

Hi,

I am starting a leisure travel and tourism related new business venture... a rather unique and possibly first of its kind project in the region. The reason for this post is to look for someone with the business experience, industry insights and a possible interest in being a business mentor. Here is a brief background info...

Having spent last 8 months doing extensive research, assessment and business planning, I feel quite excited and positive about my plans. I have incorporated a new company in Singapore. We have also secured business partnership with a major European industry player and have even managed to get in-principle support from some of the relevant govt. agencies here (required for this biz). If all goes as per plan, we should launch the new services in the market by early next year.

However, there is ONE PROBLEM - I don't have any prior experience in leisure travel or tourism industry!! I have worked long enough to know that while my passion and persistence can help, industry insights and expertise are equally (if not more) critical ingradients.

If you know the leisure travel and tourism industry well and might be available to explore offering guidance as my business mentor, I would be very happy to share more details about my venture as well as nature of mentoring that might help me.

If this sounds interesting to you, kindly PM me. Thank you and best regards.
"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."

radiant

Mentor

Post by radiant » Mon, 03 Oct 2005 3:12 pm

Hi, great to hear abt your new biz plan! I may be able to help you in the following way:
I provide training for individuals and companies, mentoring them in a very systematic and results-proven manner.
Though i am unable to assist you in tourism industry per se, i can offer valuable advice on how to avoid pitfalls in the biz, and to attain success in the shortest time.
Give it a try, no obligations.

sunnyone

Post by sunnyone » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:04 am

radiant...not sure if you have recieved the private message I sent last week in response to your post. I remain interested in discussing further with you. Kindly let me know what is the best way to link up with you.

If anyone else know about the person/people or organisation who might be able to help with business mentoring, appreciate if you can guide me and help me get in touch with them for my needs. Thanks.

S

radiant

Mentor

Post by radiant » Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:58 am

sorry for late reply, sunnyone. I was unable to view the private message.
Pls kindly email me at [email protected] for a discussion.
Thanks.

acss77

Backpack Guru

Post by acss77 » Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:20 pm

Hi,

Maybe I should introduce you to my friend who had backpacked to more than 100 countries and can draw the world map with details of cities etc just like that. Someone who speaks 8 languages and knows the different cultures of so many countries. Once a National geographic videographer and still travelling for leisure.

He had been consulted by prominent travel agencies to do customised travel for elite groups and VIPs.

A great mentor and friend to be with. Contact me at [email protected] if you are curious enough.

Rgds,

Pauline