Singapore Expats

Mosquito Repellent

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
kazilad

Mosquito Repellent

Post by kazilad » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 5:23 pm

Looking at the dengue threat it seems like we need to use something to keep the mozzies away from out residence. Better be safe than sorry...

Any affective Mosquito Repellent wich is also easily affordable,easy to use, safe ..... anyone like to suggest?

Thanks in advance.

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Mosquito Repellent

Post by kk_lass » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:18 pm

Hi Kazilad, did pm u just now..
For others .. IT IS REALLY BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

Dengue Fever on RISE! Be ALERT!! Update urself with the latest info on the hotspot list http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/catego ... sp?cid=239

Prepare yourself in fighting this long 'war' with dengue fever as its cure is long wait.. quoted by Prof Paul Herrling, according to "TODAY" article (http://www.todayonline.com) at 30/09/2005. If we r lucky, we MAY (may only hor..) get the first drug for dengue fever for patients ONLY AFTER 2012. Oh My God .. So what is left from now till then?? I feel sad for human beings having to cope with so many air-born diseases. Who's at fault? For prevention of dengue fever method, (1) Get organic insect repellent (with ingredient CLOVE), (2) Build ur immune system, (3) Dun grow plants.. haha =b

Thanx God that my place is no longer a hotspot for dengue fever anymore. But still have to be alert!
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Mosquito Repellent

Post by kk_lass » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:24 pm

kazilad wrote: Any affective Mosquito Repellent wich is also easily affordable,easy to use, safe ..... anyone like to suggest?
If you are cracking your head on which repellent is effective, check out the CLOVE ingredient in them. Coz Clove is the natural essential oil that can repell insects.

Protect your family with ORGANIC insect repellent. u can dun want to be able to kill the mosquitoes and insects effectively .. but at the same time, also eventually or gradually or slowly killing yourself and loved ones with the repellent, right ?!?! :???:

I am using an environmentally friendly, 100% organic and PSB tested. Most importantly, it also helps to improve your body immune system. With BIRD FLU, DENGUE FEVER, SARS and other air-borne diseases, you should take extra care of your health as well as your loved ones’. Introduced to me by a good friend of mine, PM me if you r keen to take a look.

Cheers,
Take care :)

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:40 am

Please provide suggestions. I just checked out the map from the linky. Most of the dengue cases center around east, which is the area where I will be at when I visit.

I am not worried for myself, as I was born and raised in SG, and imagine there will be certain amount of immunity in my system against the tropical diseases. However, I am bringing back two daughters, a toddler and a 15 month.

I have spoken to my pediatrician about the visit and she looked up her list of countries and there is no shots applicable to SG. However, I would imagine her list does not take into account the recent dengue outbreak. Please advise on any precaution or products that I should take. I believe Singapore is still very safe for my little ones to vist. Please correct me if I am wrong.

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kk_lass » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 2:23 pm

Hi earthfriendly, as the report in the TODAY stated no cure for dengue fever and the vaccine of it is still in a very developing stage.. u have to at least wait for 10-15yrs for it ..

I also believe Singapore is safe for your sweet daughters.. And i am sure they will love it here.. However, i do believe in preventive measures.. coz i rather be SAFE than SORRY. There is no way i want to play or risk with the health of myself and my loved ones.. That is me.. That is why i always protect myself internally and externally .. as i value my health.

GOOD HEALTH is the most important thing God can ever give me.. next is my loved ones.. I am sure most will agree with me.. Without health, what is the use of being RICH? or Famous? U can't spent time with ur loved ones.. to do what u want.. to eat what u like .. to go travelling ....

I am into holistic measures.. i dun believe in popping panadol or antibiotics whenever i am sick.. Coz that is just a temporary solution which does not solve the problem at all.. But this is the situation of children nowadays too.. even adults. My church sister's children visit the doctor so often that her fridge is full of medicine.. And her children's situation doesn't seem to improve at all... until recently..

I rather go for Eastern herbs to help improve my immunity system.... I rather like aromatherapy too.. Organic essential oil which has thereupatic effects and many many other benefits! But do take care, not all essential oil are effective and served the desired benefits..

Cheers,
Take care :wink:

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”