Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rita_jean

Post by rita_jean » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:41 am

Hi M, can you please let us know what to expect on the management interview and tea party? What are the questions that they ask? I would like to know as I was not chosen after the Kebaya round and am trying again this time. Thanks!

Sshh

Post by Sshh » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:44 am

Getting more and more disheartened! .. am 26 already, don't think I have much time more .. sigh.. anyone has the number for the cabin crew recruit department? .. want to check if they consider late applications.

ipodnano

Post by ipodnano » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:18 am

Sshh wrote:Getting more and more disheartened! .. am 26 already, don't think I have much time more .. sigh.. anyone has the number for the cabin crew recruit department? .. want to check if they consider late applications.
don't give up... just try and try again... here's what i always tell myself whenever i get frustrated... "applying won't guarantee that you'll be accepted... however if you don't try, it is sure that you won't get in.."

Beagle_lover

Post by Beagle_lover » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:21 am

Hi M

Mind telling me whether is it alright if i had my hair dyed? Or shud i color it back to the original before the interview...

Thanks!

jeanettetann

Post by jeanettetann » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:23 am

don't give up hope...26 is not that old la...:)
as u can see ...most of the sg girls are ard your age, right?
Sshh wrote:Getting more and more disheartened! .. am 26 already, don't think I have much time more .. sigh.. anyone has the number for the cabin crew recruit department? .. want to check if they consider late applications.

jeanettetann

Re: Interview

Post by jeanettetann » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:26 am

is the psychomatrix test important for the entire interview? why do they need us to sit for that test?

ya i know even non-swimmer can jump and swim to the side with the life jacket given...so no worries.
silvercat wrote:
M wrote:
silvercat wrote:Does anyone know how long will the interview on sat be? Is it just a group interview? If its successful, wld it be another one later in the day?
Thanks
The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:
M,
Could u pls clarify if the 1-1 interview is rite after the gp interview, or will it be hours later in the afternoon? would we be sitting down for that interview? how long wld the 1-1 be?
ta

rapanzel

Post by rapanzel » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:33 am

Thanks jejune n silvercat for replying, i still haven got my invitation yet. Really hope they'll send me email soon. Anyway, my skin is quite dark, i wonder if this will greatly affect my entry. Coz rumours said that they prefer fair-skin girls. (i'M a chinese anyway)

lamepiggy

Post by lamepiggy » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:38 am

yar can someone post the no for cabin crew department...the wait is killing me

xoxo

Post by xoxo » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:45 am

lamepiggy wrote:yar can someone post the no for cabin crew department...the wait is killing me
ask Rapanzel, she called that day what.... isn't it?

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:49 am

rapanzel wrote:Thanks jejune n silvercat for replying, i still haven got my invitation yet. Really hope they'll send me email soon. Anyway, my skin is quite dark, i wonder if this will greatly affect my entry. because rumours said that they prefer fair-skin girls. (i'M a chinese anyway)

ermm...i think the color of the skin will not affect the selection...as long as your complexion is good then the most likely to be selected...duno true or not ...but anyway dun be dishearted ....jia you jia you!!!

jeanettetann

Post by jeanettetann » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:49 am

hey, the number for SIA training centre is 6542 7233 and Cabin Crew dept is 6540 3770 or 6540 3721 and HR is 6451 6612.

Hope this is useful to u...

u or anyone else can chat with me at msn too.
add me : [email protected]

lamepiggy

Post by lamepiggy » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:43 pm

did u call and ask if u are in?

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:14 pm

rapanzel wrote:Hi! For those who had already received your invitation for the interview on Monday, would you mind sharing wif us some of the things u had written in the cover letter?....n prob tell us something about the foto tat u send? Or perhaps your backgrd.... So that thewe can roughly know their selction method. :)
I just wrote on my cover letter that i am from a local U, didnt even mention abt my age.. (i am 24 btw), say y i wan to work as a FA... as for the photo... it was terrible! i get my bf to take it at a hdb void deck!! it was evening and the lighting was so bad.. resolution was so so terrible! yellowish and blurr! but i guess it served the purpose of a full-length photo..

i sent by post ard 18/19? cant rem...

samsoh

Post by samsoh » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:54 pm

Does it mean that mailing through snail mail will stand a better chance to be shortlisted?

I'm still waiting........I email my application on 23 Sep early morning. Not sure they received or not.

:cry:
Happy go Lucky

lein

oh no!!

Post by lein » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:58 pm

disappointed...anyone tried sending in on the 23rd / 24th and got their invites? ok i waited till 23rd...got to know about it only on the 21st. so i dragged 2 days...:P looks like chances are slim tt i'll get the invite.......*sigh*