Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 9:56 pm

If u guys have noticed.. only pple who are in the morn slots have received their invitation... no one in the afternoon slots has received anything... so still high chance for all those waiting for invitations!!

Cheers!

xoxo

silkair

Post by xoxo » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:02 pm

hey! for those who had went for the silkair interview tdy, please do update us on the info... thanks

And continue to pray for the SIA invitation! All the best to all those waiting....

piggicia

Re: silkair

Post by piggicia » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:15 pm

xoxo wrote:hey! for those who had went for the silkair interview tdy, please do update us on the info... thanks

And continue to pray for the SIA invitation! All the best to all those waiting....
yeah yeah.. how did the interview today go.. mine is tml afternoon.. ahh.. a little stressed.. hehe.. fingers and toes crossed for tml.. all the best to all going for silkair interview..

waiting patiently for my SIA.. hehe..

rapanzel

Post by rapanzel » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:14 pm

[quote="Sshh"]Hi Rapanzel,

How did you get the info that the last day invitations will be sent out is this Friday? .. Anyone knows how many people are usually invited to the first round?[/quote]

Hi Sssh, I called the Cabin Crew department this afternoon.

rapanzel

Post by rapanzel » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:25 pm

Hi! For those who had already received your invitation for the interview on Monday, would you mind sharing wif us some of the things u had written in the cover letter?....n prob tell us something about the foto tat u send? Or perhaps your backgrd.... So that thewe can roughly know their selction method. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:18 am

jejune wrote:i wonder if it is possible to have the time changed to a later slot?

:)
No. It's impossible. :shock:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Interview

Post by M » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 7:49 am

silvercat wrote:Does anyone know how long will the interview on sat be? Is it just a group interview? If its successful, wld it be another one later in the day?
Thanks
The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:

Sshh

Post by Sshh » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 8:57 am

Can anyone tell me what are the possibilties that a late submission would affect my chances of joining SQ? .. I only managed to send in on 26th morning as the SQ mail box was full.

jejune

Post by jejune » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:18 am

rapanzel wrote:Hi! For those who had already received your invitation for the interview on Monday, would you mind sharing wif us some of the things u had written in the cover letter?....n prob tell us something about the foto tat u send? Or perhaps your backgrd.... So that thewe can roughly know their selction method. :)
hi rapanzel
I received my invitation on Monday at ard 1215pm.
I sent in a half-body picture and a mugshot (which the resolution was simply bad! it was yellow and sallow) but I was very lucky they shortlisted me. Reason being I guess i was a first timer? :D

My cover letter includes details like age, current occupation, educational credential, why i wanna join SIA etc.
My bkgrd: I am a fresh grad from NUS, 24, Chinese and am keen to join them as FA.
Sthg like that in a nutshell.

HTH :lol:

Sshh

Post by Sshh » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:31 am

Hi Jejune,

Can i check when you sent your application in?

jejune

Post by jejune » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:34 am

Sshh wrote:Hi Jejune,

Can i check when you sent your application in?
I think its 18 or 19

VV

Post by VV » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:34 am

hi guys, seems like most of you have gotten your invaitation already. I am hoping to receive mine also. I understand that its the morning slot people who have received theirs, can those who are invited for the afternoon session inform me as well once they received theirs.

thanks.

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

Post by Hopeful guy » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:54 am

VV wrote:hi guys, seems like most of you have gotten your invaitation already. I am hoping to receive mine also. I understand that its the morning slot people who have received theirs, can those who are invited for the afternoon session inform me as well once they received theirs.

thanks.
hmm...just wondering, could it be that there's no afternoon slot because they have to do 2 interviews on the same day, the group interview in the morning and the 1 to 1 interview in the afternoon? :o

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:02 am

rapanzel wrote:Hi! For those who had already received your invitation for the interview on Monday, would you mind sharing wif us some of the things u had written in the cover letter?....n prob tell us something about the foto tat u send? Or perhaps your backgrd.... So that thewe can roughly know their selction method. :)
Hi,
I got my invites on monday too. I sent my application in by post on the 19th. As like what jejune had mention, my cvr letter isnt really great. Just my curr occupation, my sch and why i wanted to apply. Its probably a quarter of the page.
As for the photo, I took it myself. A full-length one (taken at home with the white wall as background) as mentioned in the ads.

People who didnt got their invitation, dont be dishearted. I did apply for the prev round but was not selected too. Previously i emailed them and found my mail bounced back. So this time round i decide to use snail mail instead. It seems to help though.

Hope that helps.

silvercat

Re: Interview

Post by silvercat » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:07 am

M wrote:
silvercat wrote:Does anyone know how long will the interview on sat be? Is it just a group interview? If its successful, wld it be another one later in the day?
Thanks
The 2 seperate days are meant to be for the ladies and gentlemen on a different day. The ladies will be having their interviews on the Sat while the gentlemen on the Sun. The day itself consist of a group interview and 1-1 interview if you passed the former one.

The 2nd interview will be held the week after and it consist of water confidence and psychomatrix test. You're supposed to jump off from a mock aircraft at the "wet" either with a lifejacket or not. You're supposed to float or swim towards the other side of the pool. I reckon it's around 3m from where you're gonna jump. As for the psychomatrix test, it's a computerised test, thus nothing much to think about. I believe they will be checking your body on the 2nd day if I'm not wrong.

Last but not least, the management interview and tea party fall on the 3rd day. Basically this is the plot for your interview. For the medical, it's more on over-being. Teeth will be "screened" during tea party and skin during second day. Hope these informations helped.

M :cool:
M,
Could u pls clarify if the 1-1 interview is rite after the gp interview, or will it be hours later in the afternoon? would we be sitting down for that interview? how long wld the 1-1 be?
ta