Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Sat, 01 Oct 2005 9:48 pm

Dear All,

How was the Vansh outing? What food did u all tried n like best? Hope to catch up with u guys soon....

Vidia....godspeed......hope u enjoy your trip....

God bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Sun, 02 Oct 2005 8:03 pm

Vidia,

Have a nice trip. Hope it'll be a memorable one. :wink:
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:33 am

Hiya all,
Guess none of us made it to the ARR show, but heard it was awesome, somje even said the best show so far !! Maybe Guru would like to tell us more about it, but did you make it to the show, or only the after-show fun??

Vidia, have great fun at Mumbai.....take the city in. If you have friends, go to Tendulkars n check out a few pubs downtown.....

Aqua glad you had fun at Bangkok, its a place which really reminds me of Delhi as far as bargaining goes and for me, like a lot of typical delhites, half the fun of shopping is in bargaining :wink:

Coulnt make it for Vansh, but definitely want to go there sometime soon.......

Watched The Myth over the weekend.....has to be the most unnecessarily hyped movie fo the year and Mallikka the most unnecessarily hyped actress of the year. The lady has about 10 minutes of screentime, although the promos made it look like she was the leading lady :roll: The role offered nothing in terms of acting potential, but even in this cameos of cameos, Mallikka babe was pathetic!!

Has anyone watched Chocolate...any reviews?? Has an interesting star cast......

Cheers!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:19 pm

Now what can be good about ARR singing? :P

I'm glad I avoided The Myth, that tart's face makes me puke. Who is in Chocolate? Haven't seen a Hindi movie in a long time.

So is everyone in hiding here or what????
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Post by megha » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 1:01 pm

Hi All
Havent watched a movie in a long time..thanks to kiddo who hates sitting in one place for a long time.

Just thought I'll come out of the shell and say Hi to all!!

Happy Navratri...anyone going for dandia's?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 1:03 pm

Jackie says "Wow"
Mallika asks "Wow what?"

other than that... The Myth is really a myth. enough said. 8)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 04 Oct 2005 1:34 pm

Haha metroguy, well said! Good I gave that movie a miss!

I didn't even know it was Navratri, Happy Navratri is how one wishes? LOL!
Actually I wouldn't mind watching dandia, where to go for it?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:43 am

Best wishes for Navratri, everyone !

Have been really busy at work with some visitors. Just peeped in to say hello !

Indi is leaving for Bangalore tomorrow...and I'll join him on 15th Oct. Looking forward to 3 weeks of being at home with family and friends and of course...food ! We're are going at the right time....for Diwali...! Just can't stop counting the days !

Lol @ Metro's comments on the Myth. The hype she's getting for this is just astounding ! :???:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 9:51 am

Hey...take a look at this...the Bihari version of Micorsoft XP !
Attachments
image2.JPG
(34.25 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
image3.JPG
(52.45 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
image4.JPG
(61.99 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:22 pm

Hi All,
My best wishes as well to everybody on Navratri!!

LOL @ Metro's comments and @ bihari Microsoft !!

Sab n Indi have fun in India, eat loads of goodies and enjoy! We'd also probably go back for Diwali, but only for a week or so!!

So guys, anybody knows where to go for Dandia? Heard there's a do organised by Gujrati Samaaj here but have no idea where it is? Wud love to go play dandia!

Chocolate stars Anil Kapoor, Emran Hashmi (murder!!), Arshad Warsi, Irfan Khan, Tanushree Datta, Sushma Reddy, Sunil Shetty etc. Its a thriller n heard its pretty good!!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 1:43 pm

Eeks! Emran Hashmi looks like a pansy, doesn't he? I have no idea about dandiya here, would love to go though.

Sab, funny pics, lol. You lucky girl, have lots of good food for me. I miss Bangalore soooooo much. Do try Kubay in Koramangala if you can. And say hi to the goofy owner for me. :) Tall dark dude, you can't miss him. Have a safe trip.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 7:03 pm

Have an enjoyable trip Indi.. :D

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Post by Indi.Lens » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:30 am

Thanks Metro. Hope to catch up on good food, some pics and maybe even a trip to the wilderness.

Sapph - Now that you have tempted me with Kubay and the marinated fish, sure will try it out for a great Konkan feast.

Cheers
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 10:52 am

Yes, yes, you must go to Kubay. The guy's name is Sunil, hulk of a guy, can't miss him, lol. I think what I had was steamed pomfret in some coriander paste, was quite mindblowing. Not sure if it was Konkani, don't care, it was yummy! Please say hi to him for me if you bump into him there. And that I called him a fartbag. :D

Have a great time there you two, take lots of pics...

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 9:38 pm

Bollywood Club Party at Hollandse Club, 22 Camden Park, (off Adam Road) on Saturday. Ticket for 10 bucks, some of us are going for this, any of you interested? Let me know by noon tomorrow 'cause I'll go buy the tickets accordingly tomorrow.

http://www.hollandseclub.org.sg/index2. ... lendar=195