Singapore Expats

Beer brewing???

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Nijntje

Beer brewing???

Post by Nijntje » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:35 pm

Anyone know if home-brewing of beer is allowed, and if so, where can you buy the bits & bobs?

Cheers!!

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Matney » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 8:45 pm

I have seen home brewing kits here in Singapore recently, so one would assume that is alright to do. I seem to remember I saw a kit at a BBQ shop near the corner of East Coast Road and Still Road, in between several maid places. It is a new shop and I actually haven't been inside, but l noticed it while I was on the bus passing by. I've seen kits other places but don't recall exact locations. Hope that helps some. :wink:

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Post by beenhere10years » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 6:03 am

Home bewing is allowed now. A certain restriction was recently lifted (sorry don't know which one). At Paris Silk inHolland Village they sell a kit as well. I want to say its by Cooper's and it costs about S$ 200. Was thinking of giving it a try too.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

Nijntje

Post by Nijntje » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:48 pm

Cheers for this - and 10Y, if you do give it a go, let me know how you get on ;-)