Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jejune

Post by jejune » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:14 am

i hv a fren in SIA.
she has crooked teeth and a missing tooth (hence a gap) and she is with SIA now.
Stimes u can never guess who they wanna take in.
Just smile and be confident i guess

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIA Cabin Crew

Post by M » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:09 pm

Beagle_lover wrote:Hi M,

Thanks for answering my questions. You had me at ease :wink:

By the way, I've a fren applying for tis current opening too. She has got very sweet smile but her teeth are less perfect. She was born natural with slightly yellowish teeth but not crooked/ protruding though. Will such problem cause her to be rejected?

:?
Hi girl, I think neither of us is in a position to advise on that? Yellowish or not, it's up to the management and furthermore, i reckon that problem can be corrected. Best of luck to her too! :cool:

Beagle_lover

SIA cabin crew

Post by Beagle_lover » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 9:15 am

Thank M and Jejune,

I hereby wish those who apply for the current SIA opening, all the best of luck and hopefully, a new team of friendly and caring crew members will be formed.

I really have to say that it is very important to be able to click with your colleagues...otherwise...it's HELL...it doesnt matter whether you're Singaporean or Malaysian, you might never know who is the next person to stand by you thru thick or thin, cloudy or sunny, shopping or drinking

:lol:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

mousey_val

Post by mousey_val » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:34 am

anyone got their invitation email already?

:roll:

jejune

Post by jejune » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 1:54 pm

not me
:???:

jozo

SIA

Post by jozo » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 3:01 pm

Hey guys & gals,
SIA will only start sending the emails next week or even the week after for some, so just be patient.
All the best.

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 3:01 pm

jejune wrote:same.
i have small zits and im pretty worried, esp knowing they ill SCRUTINIZE your face so closely!

:P
wow !! really scary... i got a friend who went through the 1st round but got eliminate at the category of skin checkin . ..She told me she was asked to wear the kebaya then they will check if there is any zits or acne around the neck and back area...then oh god...she was eliminated cos she had acne scars at the back...it really demoralize her...but nevertheless...she went for the JAL and get thru ...and she is now a JAL cabin crew but of course the pay is lower than SIA@@

Beagle_lover

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Beagle_lover » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 4:01 pm

Gosh i really cant wait to know the end results. i have been anxiously checking my mailbox for days. Knowing that it wont be out til next week...duh...i'm praying so hard to be selected and you girls/guys too.

mousey_val

Post by mousey_val » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 5:28 pm

While awaiting for SIA invitation, I just got the silkair invitation via email mins ago!

My interview details as follows:-

4th October (Tuesday) at SIA Training Centre, Core A Level 1
8.50am...

Anyone got theirs?? :roll:

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 5:54 pm

mousey_val wrote:While awaiting for SIA invitation, I just got the silkair invitation via email mins ago!

My interview details as follows:-

4th October (Tuesday) at SIA Training Centre, Core A Level 1
8.50am...

Anyone got theirs?? :roll:
Hi Mousey_val,

Mind telling me your highest qualification? Coz I'm a degree holder and i applied for both silkair and SQ..

Thanks and regards,
Paige :wink:

mousey_val

Post by mousey_val » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 6:15 pm

Hi,

I have a diploma in Business Management...

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 7:26 pm

mousey_val wrote:Hi,

I have a diploma in Business Management...
Oic.. Congrats.. Well when did you submit the silkair application ?

Cheers!
paige :wink:

jejune

Post by jejune » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 8:02 pm

zoergal wrote:
jejune wrote:same.
i have small zits and im pretty worried, esp knowing they ill SCRUTINIZE your face so closely!

:P
wow !! really scary... i got a friend who went through the 1st round but got eliminate at the category of skin checkin . ..She told me she was asked to wear the kebaya then they will check if there is any zits or acne around the neck and back area...then oh god...she was eliminated because she had acne scars at the back...it really demoralize her...but nevertheless...she went for the JAL and get thru ...and she is now a JAL cabin crew but of course the pay is lower than SIA@@
die...i hv small ons on my back too.
sigh...why do they need to check the back when its covered?

mousey_val

Post by mousey_val » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:22 pm

Hi Paige,

Well, I sent in several times..even before they put up the DATE of submission. I was told that my application will be in KIV status. Then I sent in twice after that during early september and today just the notification.

Paige, don't worry you will get your invites soon!... if possible, we can chat in msn: add me at~[email protected]

:wink:

triz

Post by triz » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:48 pm

Hi, heard that SIA have a reading-oral kind of interview something to test our eng commnication izzit?