Singapore Expats

business study

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
ohsoon

business study

Post by ohsoon » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 1:40 pm

hi i am interested in studing business and so i wish there is a professional or rather those who willing to teach me business tactics and guides..and i am just a 16 years old guy and my dream is to be a good salesman if i can aim high i hope to have my own company open.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 2:55 pm

Ohsoon, excellent plans and a nice gung-ho attitude.

Not too sure about anyone teaching you tricks of the trade, there are many trades out there. Sales? Too many to talk about.

May I suggest that you learn the basics first, and in this case I would suggest taking business courses. Get the therory right ad the rest will follow, you seem to have a good attitude for that.

'nuff said Image

ohsoon

Post by ohsoon » Wed, 28 Sep 2005 5:13 pm

i had done quite alot of sales previously like selling security system door to door, gas saver and decoration cards..

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kk_lass » Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:12 pm

ohsoon wrote:hi i am interested in studing business and so i wish there is a professional or rather those who willing to teach me business tactics and guides..and i am just a 16 years old guy and my dream is to be a good salesman if i can aim high i hope to have my own company open.
Hi Ohsoon, it is good to hear such comments from a 16yrs old guy. =D> So the effort of the government in promoting entreprenuership is not totally wasted.. :wink:

Vaucluse has pointed some very good point that is to learn the basics. U can take business course to learn the arts of marketing or biz administration.. or even enrich urself with books.. Like "Rich Dad Poor Dad", "The Magic of Thinking Big", "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" .. these are great books that can strengthen your mind. You need that..

Have a seeking attitude that is always eager and humble to learn. And you are half-way there.. Jia You! :D

U can either borrow from the library, or invest and buy the books (they are worth possessing!), or if you can promise to treat the books with TLC and return to me promptly after you read finish, i do not mind lending some of the books to you. Just PM me.. :)

Cheers,
take care :wink:
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

ohsoon

Post by ohsoon » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:28 am

OK sure Thanks ! i will try very hard to learn!