Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Vinegar

Post by Vinegar » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:47 am

M wrote:
Vinegar wrote:I got a problem. I am a hep B carrier (but non active), do you think it will affect the medical report? :(
Might posed to be a problem! But why think so far when ya has yet to receive invites for the first round? Take 1 step at a time? Lessen some stress on yourself please? :cool:
Hi M,

Thanks for your reply. Think im just gonna give it a try. :?

Rgds
Vinegar

Beagle_lover

SIA Interview

Post by Beagle_lover » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:14 am

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum...

Anyway i would like to know what are the prefer body measurements in order to become a stewardess?

Secondly, i have a bachelor honors degree in marketing (uk), will i stand for a better chance?

Nobody's perfect and there are some scars left on my upper thigh due to previous lipo surgery. Is it possible to cover them by wearing a swimming pants during the water confidence test? :(

silvercat

Post by silvercat » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:31 am

summerchic wrote:WOW, it's been almost a year and this thread is still up and running!

Well, I actually read through each and every page and I must say, there are many good tips. :wink:

Irin, I've just sent in my application via email too. Are you successful getting it through?

Who else applied to be a Flight Steward/Stewardess in this round of the recruitment drive? Maybe we could start sharing tips and motivating each other like some of them did over the past.. :D

Good luck to all!!
I had sent in my application too. Best of uck. Let me know if any one have got reply..
Cheerios

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:59 pm

M wrote:
Juzzy wrote:Hi M,
are u trying this time round? Or have u already taken the job at the bank u mentioned? Citibank rite? sounds like either one, the job will have a good prospect...

I am curious.. How many people will actually be shortlisted for every recuitment? 1000? the competition is stiff and scary..
Hi Juzzy,

Probably I'm and I did? :P Was already in Citibank during last round of interview or rather during the 2nd round interview. Job prospect wise, definitely offers better career path?

1000? Actual figure I'm not too sure, but we had 50 going into 2nd round. Why is that so, cause I was the last one on the list. :P And judging for the 3rd round, probably left about 16 after the management interview?

Girls might be slightly more but like what you've said, invites are not sent out yet so just pray and hope for the best. When you arrive at STC on that day itself, may god be with you and put on that lovely smile of yours? Anything, just drop me a message or probably MSN?

Godspeed :cool:
Wow! M, I hope u can get in.. but after u do, pls stay on this forum to gif advice ok? U almost got it the other time, dis time.. U CAN! i feel u have what it takes... :P

Maybe they will start sending out invites next wk? Lets put up ani updated info here!

Cheers!

jejune

Post by jejune » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 1:19 pm

jus hope to receive their invitation soon
:)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:32 pm

bryocketh wrote:hi guys, im asking this for my sister who is applying for the 2nd time. the part in the application form whr they ask u if u have apply b4, does she put yes? or will she stand a better chance of being shortlisted if she lie n put no? can anyone advise? thx hehehe

I suggest she puts yes, it is possible they will have record of her failed application, if not she may encounter interviewers who remember her.
Don't be dishonest that will guarantee failure.

JessyKa

Post by JessyKa » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 7:02 pm

Don't understand why SIA doesn't accept ITE graduates ...Is ITE really that bad? :? Hmmm ...

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:31 am

JessyKa wrote:Don't understand why SIA doesn't accept ITE graduates ...Is ITE really that bad? :? Hmmm ...
Hi Jessy,

ITE is not that bad, It's juz that SQ wana improve the educational level of their cabin crew. That's why their minimum requirements is 'A' level compare to last time 'O' level.. If you really have the passion to become a cabin crew, you can try silkair..

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

abastos

application

Post by abastos » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:38 am

I have passed GP with an A2 and with 3 A level Distinctions. Will that be enough for the GP requirement? I heard that some got A1's but did not get in. I have got a French Diploma in my hands and I'm just out of National Service. But, I have sent my application a week ago and I am worried whether I might get in. Will they really scrutinise the guys for the steward position? as in complexion, scars, etc? I find many stewards are not really SCARLESS u see... So, i am juz kinda worried on how they select their candidates. Give me a reply anyone, I need to get into this job asap because i need to save money for higher education. Thank you.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:59 am

Juzzy wrote:
M wrote:
Juzzy wrote:Hi M,
are u trying this time round? Or have u already taken the job at the bank u mentioned? Citibank rite? sounds like either one, the job will have a good prospect...

I am curious.. How many people will actually be shortlisted for every recuitment? 1000? the competition is stiff and scary..
Hi Juzzy,

Probably I'm and I did? :P Was already in Citibank during last round of interview or rather during the 2nd round interview. Job prospect wise, definitely offers better career path?

1000? Actual figure I'm not too sure, but we had 50 going into 2nd round. Why is that so, cause I was the last one on the list. :P And judging for the 3rd round, probably left about 16 after the management interview?

Girls might be slightly more but like what you've said, invites are not sent out yet so just pray and hope for the best. When you arrive at STC on that day itself, may god be with you and put on that lovely smile of yours? Anything, just drop me a message or probably MSN?

Wow! M, I hope u can get in.. but after u do, pls stay on this forum to gif advice ok? U almost got it the other time, dis time.. U CAN! i feel u have what it takes... :P

Maybe they will start sending out invites next wk? Lets put up ani updated info here!

Cheers!
Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for the encouragement. I feel it's a 50-50 situation now and they might not even call me back for the 1st round interview and even so, I'm not ensured for any placing in the latter stages? Just like everyone else, gotta start afresh and pray for the best.

Invites wise, I think they will send out during the 1st week of Oct. All the best and probably ya wanna try out Emirates too if FA is what ya wanna be for the next 2-3 years?

Best of luck and keep us posted.

M :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: application

Post by M » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 1:03 am

abastos wrote:I have passed GP with an A2 and with 3 A level Distinctions. Will that be enough for the GP requirement? I heard that some got A1's but did not get in. I have got a French Diploma in my hands and I'm just out of National Service. But, I have sent my application a week ago and I am worried whether I might get in. Will they really scrutinise the guys for the steward position? as in complexion, scars, etc? I find many stewards are not really SCARLESS u see... So, i am juz kinda worried on how they select their candidates. Give me a reply anyone, I need to get into this job asap because i need to save money for higher education. Thank you.
No one can give ya any certain answer ya is looking for so just wait for the invite. You will have a clearer picture by then I hope. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIA Interview

Post by M » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 1:10 am

Beagle_lover wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to this forum...

Anyway i would like to know what are the prefer body measurements in order to become a stewardess?

Secondly, i have a bachelor honors degree in marketing (uk), will i stand for a better chance?

Nobody's perfect and there are some scars left on my upper thigh due to previous lipo surgery. Is it possible to cover them by wearing a swimming pants during the water confidence test? :(
Girl, I believe there isn't any fixed body measurements for stewardess? I've skinny and medium built stewardess friends so it all boils down to your personality and how you manage to present yourself?

And education wise, having a degree doesn't mean you stand a better chance? I had a post grad friend whom failed at the management interview. He was drilled much about his education and reasons why to become a FA?

Last but not least, any scars which can be covered, it's should be ok.

Goodluck! :cool:

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:36 pm

M wrote:
Juzzy wrote:
M wrote: Hi Juzzy,

Cheers!
Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for the encouragement. I feel it's a 50-50 situation now and they might not even call me back for the 1st round interview and even so, I'm not ensured for any placing in the latter stages? Just like everyone else, gotta start afresh and pray for the best.

Invites wise, I think they will send out during the 1st week of Oct. All the best and probably ya want to try out Emirates too if FA is what ya want to be for the next 2-3 years?

Best of luck and keep us posted.

M :cool:
Hi M, u are right, now lets keep our fingers crossed... :cool:

abastos

Recruitment

Post by abastos » Sun, 25 Sep 2005 1:27 am

Thanks M. You've replied to me. I guess I'll wait. I have a friend who is a flight attendant but he's in BA. So, I can't fish out anything from him. So, give me tips on the interviews. I want to prepare myself. It's better than not being prepared at all you see.?haha...Thanks for your reply anyway. I am thankful to you. Hope you can guide me along till I get this job.:)

Beagle_lover

SIA Cabin Crew

Post by Beagle_lover » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 9:22 am

Hi M,

Thanks for answering my questions. You had me at ease :wink:

By the way, I've a fren applying for tis current opening too. She has got very sweet smile but her teeth are less perfect. She was born natural with slightly yellowish teeth but not crooked/ protruding though. Will such problem cause her to be rejected?

:?