Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:13 pm

flyme wrote:oh my... the checks sounds so stringent..! almost like choosing a Miss Singapore.. haha... maybe the panel for Miss Singapore is also strict like SIA. That explains why Miss Singapore contestants consist of quite a few air stewardess... hmm.. :)
Don't be put off by that not all them look like Miss World contestants, some and I have seen enough of them are very plain looking. I think you will find youre ability with people and dealing a with a a variety of situations, pleasant and unpleasant, will count for far more.

Good luck and beste wishes.

Plavt.

Rian

SASS email

Post by Rian » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:54 pm

Peeps..
Last edited by Rian on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rian

Re: SASS email

Post by Rian » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 5:56 pm

Rian wrote:Peeps..

I tried to email SASS @ [email protected] but it bounced back. I received failed notice email by saying the email is not valid. How come ya?

And i thought of post my resume by mail. At the sass site contacts page, it stated Aerospace training centre and followed by their address. Are SASS atlantic and aerospace training centre affiliated companies?

HELP!!
Sorry... i posted to the wrong topic!

eande

Re: Stewards

Post by eande » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:23 pm

Scorpion wrote:
eande wrote:Hi,to all of you I am only 13 years old this year but my dream is to be an air steward.Do you think they will still accept Stewards in the future?Anyone out there please give me some information I really want to be a Flight attendant.......I am 170 in height 13 years old and is very good in english....Please all of you adults I dont want my dreams to die so fast..... :( :( :( :(
The airline field is fast growing from past years 2 to 4 to now its more than 6 that has its hub from singapore. so no worries there are more to go in the future. :girl:
Thanks for sharing the info with me I feel a lot more confident now :) :) :) :)

eande

Post by eande » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:25 pm

I play basketball and for those who wanna be an air steward or you wanna achieve better heights jump and skip a lot well I may be 13 but i have a lot of exp though because im taller than most of the flgiht attendants in SIA,Silkair and Emrates.They said I was very tall so well......Dont be mad at me ok I'm just trying to give some useful tips.

summerchic

Post by summerchic » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:27 pm

WOW, it's been almost a year and this thread is still up and running!

Well, I actually read through each and every page and I must say, there are many good tips. :wink:

Irin, I've just sent in my application via email too. Are you successful getting it through?

Who else applied to be a Flight Steward/Stewardess in this round of the recruitment drive? Maybe we could start sharing tips and motivating each other like some of them did over the past.. :D

Good luck to all!!

eande

Post by eande » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:27 pm

I wanna be an air steward too....But i dont know if they're still gonna take males???Anyone knows of this??My dream is rlly to be an sir steward or maybe a pilot but i'd rather go with being an air steward first.

eande

Post by eande » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 7:30 pm

I think a lot of people really wants to be an air steward yeah?I aagree this topic is one of the ohttest topics in the forum or should i say the hottest??Cant believe it.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: can't send thru'

Post by M » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 8:48 pm

irin wrote:haiz... SIA mailbox is full... been sending in my application the whole afternoon and still can't get thru... my application keep returning back to me... :?
Try in the morning when the mailbox is cleared? Around 9ish is good! :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 8:50 pm

Vinegar wrote:I got a problem. I am a hep B carrier (but non active), do you think it will affect the medical report? :(
Might posed to be a problem! But why think so far when ya has yet to receive invites for the first round? Take 1 step at a time? Lessen some stress on yourself please? :cool:

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:12 pm

Hi M,
are u trying this time round? Or have u already taken the job at the bank u mentioned? Citibank rite? sounds like either one, the job will have a good prospect...

I am curious.. How many people will actually be shortlisted for every recuitment? 1000? the competition is stiff and scary..

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:30 pm

i am surprised that so may pple ard me are applying this time round... friends that i noe and pple i dun noe...

I am reallie keeping my fingers crossed... Odds are obviously against me... (only abt 10% of the gers will get in and probablity of me getting in is 1.5%, scary!) Now, I am juz waiting to be shortlisted on 15/16 oct... Try my best.. den even if i dun get it, that means i belong elsewhere... at least when i look back, i can tell myself that i have tried and i wun regret not trying..

Wishing everyone BEST OF LUCK!

bryocketh

Post by bryocketh » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:59 pm

hi guys, im asking this for my sister who is applying for the 2nd time. the part in the application form whr they ask u if u have apply b4, does she put yes? or will she stand a better chance of being shortlisted if she lie n put no? can anyone advise? thx hehehe

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:25 pm

Juzzy wrote:Hi M,
are u trying this time round? Or have u already taken the job at the bank u mentioned? Citibank rite? sounds like either one, the job will have a good prospect...

I am curious.. How many people will actually be shortlisted for every recuitment? 1000? the competition is stiff and scary..
Hi Juzzy,

Probably I'm and I did? :P Was already in Citibank during last round of interview or rather during the 2nd round interview. Job prospect wise, definitely offers better career path?

1000? Actual figure I'm not too sure, but we had 50 going into 2nd round. Why is that so, cause I was the last one on the list. :P And judging for the 3rd round, probably left about 16 after the management interview?

Girls might be slightly more but like what you've said, invites are not sent out yet so just pray and hope for the best. When you arrive at STC on that day itself, may god be with you and put on that lovely smile of yours? Anything, just drop me a message or probably MSN?

Godspeed :cool:
Last edited by M on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

eande

Attire for interview

Post by eande » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 1:20 am

What attire should be the best?Business suit or smart casual?Tuck in or Tuck out?I think if you tuvk out you will get a lower chance of getting selected right......And oh yeah one more question can we like style our hair in the form of a little spiked up?
or is it better to style it like smart hairstyle i think you know what i mean......Thanks a million!!!!!!