Singapore Expats

Romancing Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
bimmer

Romancing Singapore

Post by bimmer » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 1:10 pm

Hi all,

Im looking for some suggestions for a romantic day and evening out to celebrate my partner's birthday in Singapore this weekend. Can you guys suggest something to do or place to dine? Thanks in advance.

bimmer

Post by bimmer » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 5:25 pm

bump.
Er - help? Guys? Girls?

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Romantic

Post by Scorpion » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 5:45 pm

Have a nice glass top boat ride, then go for the river side dinning. sounds funn.. \:D/

how about a to finish of with a disco at chimes... :wink:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

bimmer

Re: Romantic

Post by bimmer » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 6:17 pm

Scorpion wrote:Have a nice glass top boat ride, then go for the river side dinning. sounds funn.. \:D/

how about a to finish of with a disco at chimes... :wink:
Interesting. Will keep that in mind.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

spicegirl

Post by spicegirl » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 2:48 pm

I think Altivo at Mount Faber is romantic...Haven't eaten there though

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 4:41 pm

My boyfriend and I had a lovely, romantic evening at Restaurant Ember - its at Hotel 1929 50 Keyong Saik Road and their number is 6347198 or email them for a menu [email protected]

It's a bit pricey but well worth it, the food is amazing and the service is great.

We've also eaten at Michaelangelos at Chip Bee gardens but I dont have their card here, sorry. We sat outside and had a gorgeous meal a few months back.

Hope you this helps :)

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:01 pm

we had some threads on romantic dining in the past here, but too lazy to look for them.

Here's my 2 cents:

Halia restaurant in The Botanic Gardens. Fusion dining, indoor and outdoor, very good food and ambience. (Halia Restaurant 382 1 Cluny Road, Ginger Garden, Botanic Gardens Tel: 6476 6711).

The Cliff at The Sentosa Spa & Resort, http://www.beaufort.com.sg/res_cliff.html . One of the top restaurants in town, magnificent views and great dining. Also one of the most expensive places around...

Vanilla Pod restaurant in the Mandai Orchid Gardens, just before the Singapore Zoo, bit out of town therefore. Been there recently, nice quiet place amidst the orchid gardens, small and exclusive. Food quality is superb, fusion Italian Asian. Had a Spaghetti Vongole there, mouthwatering! Simple but amazing high quality of food.
http://www.visitsingapore.com/publish/s ... rdens.html

Les Amis in the Botanic Gardens, upscale, snobbish and formal. But very good. http://www.lesamis.com.sg/webtop/aboutus/

If you wanna do something nice, try this one:

At Sunrice in Fort Canning right in downtown area. You can do a 1 day culinary course there, you first get a tour through the spice gardens of fort canning, then pick your herbs and spices and do your cooking, assisted by the chefs. End the day with either your own cooked dishes or one of the nice dishes of the restaurant itself.
http://www.at-sunrice.com/main_idx.html

Eric

beenhere10years
Chatter
Chatter

Post by beenhere10years » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:02 pm

I know it sounds really hinkey, but there were a few couples having nice date dinners on the Cable Cars going to Sentosa last time I was there. I think they just rode around and around. It was cute, really.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

-- jack handy

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:05 pm

beenhere10years wrote:I know it sounds really hinkey, but there were a few couples having nice date dinners on the Cable Cars going to Sentosa last time I was there. I think they just rode around and around. It was cute, really.
http://www.mountfaber.com.sg/main-skydining.htm

Voila!

ps. bear in mind, no aircon, no toilets...

Eric

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:06 pm

Eric you are a wealth of knowledge! :D
I know who to ask next time I need help with something, I haven't been here that long.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 5:42 pm

you're welcome Bee, but try my suggestions first. Who knows they may all be not your cup of tea... :oops:

Should be ok though, hopefully... :wink:

Eric

bimmer

Post by bimmer » Fri, 23 Sep 2005 7:33 pm

Wow! All good stuff. Cant wait to check em out. Thanks a bunch!
- b25

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Going

Post by Scorpion » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 2:09 am

bimmer wrote:Wow! All good stuff. Cant wait to check em out. Thanks a bunch!
So bimmer when are you gonna out.. :wink:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

bimmer

Post by bimmer » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:24 pm

Ok. Quick update.

I ended up getting tickets to watch Quidam - Cirque du Soleil - at 4pm with the girl. Then to Equinox on the 70th floor of Stamford for dinner with a window seat and the twinkling lights of the city skyline at night for company. Dessert was at Hilton and yes, the cheesecake is simply marvellous! (Tip found in another thread here in this forum) It may not be as fanciful but yes it was the me in me that counts. Perhaps i shall check out some of your other suggestions another time.

Thanks to all who contributed here!
- b25

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Hmm..

Post by Scorpion » Tue, 27 Sep 2005 3:13 am

bimmer wrote:Ok. Quick update.

I ended up getting tickets to watch Quidam - Cirque du Soleil - at 4pm with the girl. Then to Equinox on the 70th floor of Stamford for dinner with a window seat and the twinkling lights of the city skyline at night for company. Dessert was at Hilton and yes, the cheesecake is simply marvellous! (Tip found in another thread here in this forum) It may not be as fanciful but yes it was the me in me that counts. Perhaps i shall check out some of your other suggestions another time.

Thanks to all who contributed here!
Soundz good bimmer...