Singapore Expats

Karoke Bar

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Karoke Bar

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 8:56 am

Any recommendations for a Karoke bar for a white guy like myself to croon?

Seems like a lot of KVT's are inhabited by younger people who see an old guy as an intruder while others seem to be rather cliquish... outsiders tolerated but not welcomed.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:00 am

Can't help you there, but wanted to say, love your signoff line, wish it were that simple, I'd be off!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Post by Wind In My Hair » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:04 am

SE, you could organise a SExpat... i mean Singapore Expat forum monthly thingee at any KTV so you won't be the outsider. methinks there are quite a few here (eric comes to mind) who are wannabe crooners too! :D

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:05 am

SE, you could try the KTV bars around Duxton Hill, Chinatown. Especially the ones opposite the Duxton hotel there do get a fair bit of westerners, businessmen and locals. Just ignore the thai, philippine and vietnamese girls flocking around there in the area, they are of no harm if you just smile at them and walk on.

At Cuppage Road side of centerpoint are also some bars that do host for westerners, but here the girls of pleasure do not just stay outside and will be around you in the karaoke lounge as well.

Enjoy the singing!

Eric

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:11 am

girls of pleasure
There are those kinds of things in Singapore???? :o

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:13 am

sssssshhhttt..... :roll: :-$

Eric

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Post by Vaucluse » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:39 am

Girls of pleasure? Like, they gie you backrubs, teach you greetings:
'Pleasure to meet you, sir' etc . . . .?

Sounds quite nice. Might take the family.

'nuff said Image

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 9:41 am

Vaucluse wrote:Girls of pleasure? Like, they gie you backrubs, teach you greetings:
'Pleasure to meet you, sir' etc . . . .?

Sounds quite nice. Might take the family.
"You want full service, sir?"

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Baron Greenback » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:43 am

SE one eveing on the East Coast some friends took us to margeritas for a mexican meal (which was fab!) then we walked across the road to a place called "yellow ribbon" I think. a local karaoke bar with no windows - looked extreemly seedy from the outside. However despite the multiple bottles of scotch in the cabinet with regulars names on there was hardly a soul in there. We had a great time singing along to all sorts.

I would say that you make the place what it is by the people you are with, so just get some good friends together - have a few drinks too many & take somewhere over :)
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Ling2 » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:57 am

Baron Greenback wrote:SE one eveing on the East Coast some friends took us to margeritas for a mexican meal (which was fab!) then we walked across the road to a place called "yellow ribbon" I think. a local karaoke bar with no windows - looked extreemly seedy from the outside. However despite the multiple bottles of scotch in the cabinet with regulars names on there was hardly a soul in there. We had a great time singing along to all sorts.

I would say that you make the place what it is by the people you are with, so just get some good friends together - have a few drinks too many & take somewhere over :)
Baron, the Margeritas restaurant is really nice, except a pain to get a parking space! I don't know about yellow ribbon at all. I hardly visit any Karaoke bar... though I think there's a Kbox, where you can get a room to sing your fill?

Duxon Hill Karaoke bar is :cool: too smokey for my taste...been invited there once..and I get out in the speed of light :shock:

I save my singing in the shower... :wink:

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Kara - ok?

Post by Allibert » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:58 am

As a bad but keen singer, i know a couple. Let me know if ur interested. Am always up for a sing-song

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:06 pm

Ling2 wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:SE one eveing on the East Coast some friends took us to margeritas for a mexican meal (which was fab!) then we walked across the road to a place called "yellow ribbon" I think. a local karaoke bar with no windows - looked extreemly seedy from the outside. However despite the multiple bottles of scotch in the cabinet with regulars names on there was hardly a soul in there. We had a great time singing along to all sorts.

Baron, the Margeritas restaurant is really nice, except a pain to get a parking space! I don't know about yellow ribbon at all. I hardly visit any Karaoke bar... though I think there's a Kbox, where you can get a room to sing your fill?

Duxon Hill Karaoke bar is :cool: too smokey for my taste...been invited there once..and I get out in the speed of light :shock:

I wouldn't mind singing in your shower Ling.

Eric

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Ling2 » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:48 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote: Baron, the Margeritas restaurant is really nice, except a pain to get a parking space! I don't know about yellow ribbon at all. I hardly visit any Karaoke bar... though I think there's a Kbox, where you can get a room to sing your fill?

I wouldn't mind singing in your shower Ling.

Eric[/quote]

Hahahahaha.. I had to show you my look responding to your post here :o Image

Eric, Eric, Eric, is your wife away on a long holiday? Or did I see the tip of horn growing out of your "Right said Fred" head :twisted: ?

Though my shower is spacious...but there's only so much room for my bf & me to play...with :P So, there.. you got to find your own singing shower :P

Allibert
Chatter
Chatter

Shower?

Post by Allibert » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:49 pm

Eric what did you do to Ling? She doesn;t look impressed :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”