Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 2:42 am

Juzzy wrote:Thx M! Ani tips for us? :wink:

I tink u have to follow the instruction strictly... that is, cover letter and application form plus a full length photo... they have good reaons for asking that..

U still have time to send in everithing nicely and perfectly.. Dun rush into sending one that may risk being thrown aside by the busy HR personnel... there will probably be hunderds of people applying.. Send in a perfect one! If u cant email, den send by post... :D
Hi Juzzy,

For th 1st round interview, I reckon it's a matter of luck and self confidence but not too much of da latter. Be composed in your presentation. Show enthusiasm during the presentation even when your fellow peers are presenting.

Set of questions varies so it won't help if I reveal much of the questions to ya. Goodluck my dear.

To all,

I've uploaded the document to a web based host. Probable reason why some are not able to download is because of your pop-up blocker. Try downloading from the link below. Hope it helps.

http://www.autohotkey.net/file/users/Me ... ppForm.doc

M :cool:

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 8:33 am

M wrote:

I tink u have to follow the instruction strictly... that is, cover letter and application form plus a full length photo... they have good reaons for asking that..

U still have time to send in everithing nicely and perfectly.. Dun rush into sending one that may risk being thrown aside by the busy HR personnel... there will probably be hunderds of people applying.. Send in a perfect one! If u cant email, den send by post... :D
Hi Juzzy,

For th 1st round interview, I reckon it's a matter of luck and self confidence but not too much of da latter. Be composed in your presentation. Show enthusiasm during the presentation even when your fellow peers are presenting.

Set of questions varies so it won't help if I reveal much of the questions to ya. Goodluck my dear.

To all,

I've uploaded the document to a web based host. Probable reason why some are not able to download is because of your pop-up blocker. Try downloading from the link below. Hope it helps.

Thanks M! You really save the day! Finally I am able to d/l! :D

jejune

Post by jejune » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:25 pm

are they particular abt skin?

jesslow

Post by jesslow » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 2:00 pm

Hey M,

Thanks a lot!! You have saved my day!

Ying, remember to download from this link instead!

M wrote:

Hi Juzzy,

To all,

tHiNk PoSiTiVeLy!! =)

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 6:39 pm

M wrote:

Hi Juzzy,

To all,

Thx M!!

Hmm... qns varies for round 1? I tout that round 1 is alws self-intro? Pls correct mi if i am wrong.. :roll:

ABuZZ

Post by ABuZZ » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 6:45 pm

What about passport size photo? Is it necessary to include it in our application?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 7:59 pm

jejune wrote:are they particular abt skin?
Porcelain not but definitely decent skin complexion? Can't expect CCs to have poor ridden skins? As long as the conditions can be concealed by uniform, it's generally accepted! :cool:
ABuZZ wrote:What about passport size photo? Is it necessary to include it in our application?
Just include any photos you think might serve the purpose? :cool:
JuZzY wrote:Hmm... qns varies for round 1? I tout that round 1 is alws self-intro? Pls correct mi if i am wrong
Juz, not necessarily? "What is your favourite television programme?" One of the few different ones? And even if it is a self intro? Some is brief while some is more complex? :cool:
Last edited by M on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

ying

Post by ying » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:45 am

thanks M, for the link to the application form. :)

hi jessslow, yup, i download the application form...thanks.. :D

pookie

sia cabin crew

Post by pookie » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:18 pm

hi gals,
just a piece of advice.
just be natural, be yourself.
try not to be nervous (i know its hard, but...just try)

as for the application, just give whatever they ask for, be it photo, application form etc...just follow instructions and send before the dateline.

goodluck from someone who is a sq cabin crew.

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 1:09 pm

JuZzY wrote:Hmm... qns varies for round 1? I tout that round 1 is alws self-intro? Pls correct mi if i am wrong
Juz, not necessarily? "What is your favourite television programme?" One of the few different ones? And even if it is a self intro? Some is brief while some is more complex? :cool:[/quote]

Hi M!

Oic... Btw, how long will they take to reply u? will it be immmediately after the deadline or will they take the longest time? i heard that it is possible for them to call u a day before the interview in case of some shortlisted people not able to make it and they have an extra slot....

hiccup
Location: Singapore; Walking distance from Kembangan MRT station

Application Form

Post by hiccup » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 1:46 pm

I have the application form downloaded.

If anybody needs it. PM me. :)
Professionalism means consistency of quality. Frank Tyger

cheese

my experience

Post by cheese » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:55 pm

Just to share..im 20 this yr..& have tried 2 times for FSS interview..proud to say that both times im lucky to get into the final interview (management interview) but also, sad to say that both times i didnt make it thru the final..(bang my head on the wall) :???: frens say i have the typical FSS look but i find that no matter how good a person look & how well she presented herself, it all depends on the management decision to shortlist u or not.. :o so i guess wat we need r lots & lots of luck & don't stop smiling..most importantly, pray hard that the management ppl like u..
:D

Vinegar

Re: my experience

Post by Vinegar » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 5:52 pm

cheese wrote:Just to share..im 20 this yr..& have tried 2 times for FSS interview..proud to say that both times im lucky to get into the final interview (management interview) but also, sad to say that both times i didnt make it thru the final..(bang my head on the wall) :???: frens say i have the typical FSS look but i find that no matter how good a person look & how well she presented herself, it all depends on the management decision to shortlist u or not.. :o so i guess wat we need r lots & lots of luck & don't stop smiling..most importantly, pray hard that the management ppl like u..
Did they tell you why aren't you selected? You are really lucky to reach the final interview. Give it a third try, find out what exactly they are looking for in you. I also know that after all, it depends on your luck, whether they like you.
Just send in my application letter, pray hard im selected for the interview. :?

jesslow

Post by jesslow » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:04 am

cheese wrote:Just to share..im 20 this yr..& have tried 2 times for FSS interview..proud to say that both times im lucky to get into the final interview (management interview) but also, sad to say that both times i didnt make it thru the final..(bang my head on the wall) :???: frens say i have the typical FSS look but i find that no matter how good a person look & how well she presented herself, it all depends on the management decision to shortlist u or not.. :o so i guess wat we need r lots & lots of luck & don't stop smiling..most importantly, pray hard that the management ppl like u..

Hi,

I'm 25 this coming dec...and I'm trying for the second time, the first time was year 2001 and I didn't continue to try it due to further studies. I guess that I won't try it again if I can't get through this time. But you can, you are only 20, best of luck!! :D
tHiNk PoSiTiVeLy!! =)

kewpie

Post by kewpie » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:56 am

jesslow wrote:

Hi,

I'm 25 this coming dec...and I'm trying for the second time, the first time was year 2001 and I didn't continue to try it due to further studies. I guess that I won't try it again if I can't get through this time. But you can, you are only 20, best of luck!! :D
Hi Jesslow,
U are still young, only 25. dun give up if u can't make it this time, keep on trying... i am 27 this year and i still apply to be cabin crew with SIA..
and i check with my friend's friend who is a stewardess with SIA, the cut off age is 29, as long as your are below 30, u can still apply.. =)