Singapore Expats

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Shazers
Regular
Regular

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Post by Shazers » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:33 pm

Hmm,

It does seem rather quiet around here. Or is it only me?!!!! Anyone watching movies or doing anything else apart from drinking........................

Shazers
Lost in Boredom

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Alo

Post by Shazers » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 2:44 pm

Hey All,

Thanks for the pm replies!!!!!!!!! Anyway, think that a GOOD MOVIE HAS PROPPED UP!!!!!! Its called NIGHT WATCH!! (Its in Russian with subtitles)

Wanna go watch?!

Shazers :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:29 pm

Too complicated, locals never will get what this movie about

Shazers
Regular
Regular

hem........

Post by Shazers » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 3:25 pm

Hmm,

I wonder what can be confusing with subtitles, a superb plot and dark creatures!! Lifes simply GREAT!! :wink:

Shazers :lol:

yslee80my
Regular
Regular

Post by yslee80my » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 3:41 pm

lost in boredom?

i guess im in that category also... hahaha

movie?

probably just watch alone... :(

Still Dunno anyone from nearby area (Bukit Batok)
"Dont dwell on the kindness you perform to others but always remember kindness that others perform to you"

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Whoaaaa

Post by Shazers » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 2:42 pm

Hello All,

The movie, NIGHT WATCH was quite good! Though it was a bit disappointing with the fight scenes! Recommend it though!!

Shazers

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Nochnoj dozor, good!

Post by hibri2 » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:34 pm

discover they are playing this jewel today!, went there and all booked (did not expected it was going to be popular).

by the way did you know that some silly dude wrote in "Today" Newspaper that the movie left the plot unfinished (or something like that)... if any of you felt the same, it is because this is a trilogy.

going tomorrow after the Terry Fox marathon.

just want to say that russian cinnema is slow and dense (solaris almost kill me) but they know how to do atmosphere, russian cinnema i saw when i was a little human larva left deep scars on my feeble mind, which i consider a good thing.

for what i have seen this movie has a "La Cité des enfants perdus" kind of feeling and it is what "underworld" tried but not quite managed to finally do.

not convinced? well they say that this trilogy is to Horror what The Lord Of the Rings was to Fantasy.

anyone going tomorrow that will like an after-movie-coffee-talk?

thinking on going to plaza sing.
"Do not pray in my school, and I will not think in your church." - Unknown.

Shazers
Regular
Regular

yeoh

Post by Shazers » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 9:05 pm

Hey Hibri2,

Too bad watched it on Friday! Have you watched it? Did you like it???????

Shazers

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: yeoh

Post by hibri2 » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:15 pm

Shazers wrote:Hey Hibri2,

Too bad watched it on Friday! Have you watched it? Did you like it???????

Shazers
i am just returning from plaza sing now, i watched it and liked it a lot. honestly i was trying to like it even before watching it, which is not good, movies should be seen with an open mind.

since the LOTR, the concept of a big trilogy epic on the Horror and Sci-fi fields has been one of my santa wishes, as i am not a particular fan of fantasy. am betting on this trilogy for horror and the hyperion movie for sci-fi.

this movie is very well done, the camera job, editing and atmosphere is superb for this kind of movie, for those who have not seen it, please do not expect a fast paced "expensive" looking project with the editing skills of a nike commercial, which are not bad movies (ex. Fifth Element), but this is simply not on that trench.

i will say the plot had something missing, maybe this movie was meant to be longer and the final cut sacrificed a lot, considering this movie a 1:30 run and the books are described as very complex and deep (have not read them, will do soon) on a time were 2 and 3 hours are almost the norm itis quite a shame this one was just 1:30, as far as i know the next one is the DayWatch, so i dont know how much of the nightwatch hanging plots we will catch.

with the exception of the little fella (Yegor) the main characters are hard to love, it remembers me the Strange Days movie and it is something i like.

the most important thing for me is that using a very exploited theme seen on many genres from comics to computer games (something else is out there, humanity is unaware of a endless struggle, etc, etc). this project grasp it very well and includes new building blocks, without overusing cliches and making a "more of the same" boring movie.

one more thing, i does not has any "Cité des enfants perdus" feeling, the decandent Moscow (as presented here) it is creepy enough, and steampunk would simple wont do the trick.

next one on my list is Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm. Normally i go to the cinnema on Satuday.

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Wondering.......

Post by Shazers » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:01 pm

Hey Hibri2,

Kinda of agree with you... Though I was expecting more fight scenes like in the movie, The Matrix..hahaha Also, I found it funny that Olga did not have any special powers considering that she was an owl!!

Just wondering what part of the world are you from? Or you local?

Shazers
Just curious :D

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

me?

Post by hibri2 » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 1:43 pm

i am craving for the books now, as i imagine they will complement (or is the other way around?).

about Olga, i hope to see more of in the next movie, she "seems" powerful enough for the chief to release her in order to babysit the seer, don't you think?, and why was she punished? is she a dark other? you know, many many questions!!

about me: i was born in Panama.

Shazers
Regular
Regular

i see...........

Post by Shazers » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:42 am

allo,

Apparently, NightWatch 2 is coming out in Russia later this year...well thats what my russian friend told me! They are using it big time for some jeans advertisement there as well........

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: i see...........

Post by hibri2 » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:38 am

Shazers wrote:allo,

Apparently, NightWatch 2 is coming out in Russia later this year...well thats what my russian friend told me! They are using it big time for some jeans advertisement there as well........

if they do not reach the shameful levels of "the island" and "i, robot" in product placement i will not go insane.

i really hope to catch the DayWatch movie here. this sunday i will check on the bookstores for the books.

Shazers
Regular
Regular

i c

Post by Shazers » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:29 am

whoa,

Did you say you are going to watch Daywatch? Who is starring in this movie? What is it about? Have never heard about this one yet!

Shazers
Curious
P.S. Also, what brought you to Singapore?! :lol:

hibri2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: i c

Post by hibri2 » Thu, 22 Sep 2005 2:38 pm

Shazers wrote:whoa,

Did you say you are going to watch Daywatch? Who is starring in this movie? What is it about? Have never heard about this one yet!
daywatch it nightwatch 2, the trilogy is NightWatch, DayWatch and DuskWatch.

each one touches a single side of the epic.

DayWatch looks promising for me as i kind of liked the dark others.

by the way i was taking with my boss about this movie and next day he gave a NightWatch PostCard! (dont know how he got it), such a nice fella.
Shazers wrote: P.S. Also, what brought you to Singapore?! :lol:
lets say:
1-i needed a change.
2-i like Asia.
3-Singapore is such a perfect city, it is a city thats behaves as a city and not as an urban jungle. so it is a good spot for a Base of operations to explore around (refer to reason #2).
4-the food here is just the best :D

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”