Singapore Expats

modelling agencies

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
fanni

modelling agencies

Post by fanni » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 8:53 pm

hi, i was scouted a few times, but, i realized all requires a payment.. like portfolio, or course fee... and all.. i am interested in being one, cos i am still studying, but my parents are not gifin mi ani allowance...
i did parttime b4, but cos it kinda distract mi, cos it's realli tiring, modelling seems easier for mi... anione knows of any modelling agencies that doent require a upfront fee at all?
pls inform mi..
im looking 4ward to a reply. tks !

darni

Post by darni » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:05 pm

oh, tell mi about it, MC models hav to pay 700 bucks! :???:

jessmin

Post by jessmin » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:08 am

i know.. i was with some modelling agencies after paying 400 bucks for a grooming course, and they didnt gave mi ani assignments.. s, i went to another, where i paid about 300, but @ least there were some roadshow assignments for mi, and so far, 2 print ads...... but still doesnt iron out the money i paid...

xel

Post by xel » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 6:45 pm

ya, anione got ani idea? i know elite is scoutin for models now, but hav to be above 167, im 165! argh..!

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Re: modelling agencies

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:28 pm

fanni wrote:hi, i was scouted a few times, but, i realized all requires a payment.. like portfolio, or course fee... and all.. i am interested in being one, because i am still studying, but my parents are not gifin mi ani allowance...
i did parttime b4, but because it kinda distract mi, because it's realli tiring, modelling seems easier for mi... anione knows of any modelling agencies that doent require a upfront fee at all?
pls inform mi..
im looking 4ward to a reply. tks !
Got to disagree with you about it's easy to be a model. Once you're in this line for so.. long. All you know is about hard work and it's rather more tiring then normal working. It's a schedule where you couldn't work with it. Cause You have to report at 9am but the show starts at 8pm.

Upfront fee doesn't required in a modelling agency. If they insist you to pay for a fee, then it's not a modelling agency. But for portfolio, as a model you need to have a portfolio for you to go for casting and auditions. But be SMART! Do your own portfolio before entering any agency. Cause you have to pay extra ($$$) just to get it done in a agency.

All I got to say is BE SMART, ACT SMART

Seringa

Post by Seringa » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:29 am

Hello,
I think I can help you with modeling. Send your contact info. to my massae account. Or call nine one eight tow nine three five zero.

Ask for Tasi

Thank you