Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:32 pm

its real!

go to www.singaporeair.com -> company info -> careers -> Flight Stewardess

And there is is! For singaporeans! :)

mabel

Post by mabel » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:36 pm

Juzzy wrote:its real!

hi Juzzy,

i went to the www.singaporeair.com, and click on company info and then click on careers and cabin crew appointments (there is no flight stewardess to click on), and then the recruitment for malaysian crews is there, not local crew advert. =(

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 3:40 pm

Thats so weird! Becoz i saw the updated ad since last night! Sumthing to do with internet service provider? Beats mi...

Aniwae, i shall do a cut and paste the relevant info exactly from the site for everione to see... Good luck everione!

cheers!

See the world from a different vantage point

The world at your doorstep.
The chance to experience new cultures and meet new people. Challenges that are real and exciting.
This is what you can look forward to as a Flight Attendant with Singapore Airlines.

If you are warm, hospitable with a winning approach to customer service, we welcome you to join our elite team of:

Flight Stewards/Stewardesses. Click here for more details.

Cabin Crew Appointments Members
Local Flight Stewards/Stewardesses
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign
languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: [email protected].

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101
Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:53 pm

mabel wrote:
Juzzy wrote:its real!

hi Juzzy,

i went to the www.singaporeair.com, and click on company info and then click on careers and cabin crew appointments (there is no flight stewardess to click on), and then the recruitment for malaysian crews is there, not local crew advert. =(
Mabel, it's for real. Probably the link is down and we should shoot the It guy. Anyway please buy today's Recruit. It's in the newspaper my dear. :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 5:55 pm

jejune wrote:it is for real.
visit the website and click on Careers.

Anyway are they really in short of air crew?

There is also an advertisement in the Straits Times' Recruit section.
I reckon they are. Got a friend starting training on the 25th Sept and another late Oct. Was quite suprised that they are still recruiting for this year. So quit asking and just send in your application? Goodluck though? :cool:

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:00 pm

Hi M!

Can i ask u something? If i rem correctly, u made it all the way to the last round rite? May i know how the 3 days of interview are arranged? Izzit everi 2 weeks? So the entire recruitment process will take abt 1 mth?

Thx!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:59 pm

Juzzy wrote:Hi M!

Can i ask u something? If i rem correctly, u made it all the way to the last round rite? May i know how the 3 days of interview are arranged? Izzit everi 2 weeks? So the entire recruitment process will take abt 1 mth?

Thx!
Hi Juzzy,

1st day and 2nd day was 3 days away from one another. For the management interview, it took more than 3 weeks to be down again.

For the entire process, it's hell of a mind bobbling ride. Passengers please fasten your seat belt as "chopping" undergoes. :cool:
Last edited by M on Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:57 pm

Anyone sent out the application yet? Those who are sending by email, any problems with filling up the application form?

It is in PDF format, not in Words format. I am not able to fill up the form. Not sure if it is ok to send the cover letter and resume without the application form?

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:02 am

EvanLee wrote:Anyone sent out the application yet? Those who are sending by email, any problems with filling up the application form?

It is in PDF format, not in Words format. I am not able to fill up the form. Not sure if it is ok to send the cover letter and resume without the application form?
Eh? Previously, did you apply for studies without submitting the application form? Try mailing then. :cool:

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:07 am

M wrote:
EvanLee wrote:Anyone sent out the application yet? Those who are sending by email, any problems with filling up the application form?

Eh? Previously, did you apply for studies without submitting the application form? Try mailing then. :cool:
Yup, you are right. That is why I am asking this question, whether anyone out there is able to download the application form and fill it up in soft copy, because it is in PDF format, and I am not able to do so.

Thanks for your suggestion, M. I was just wondering how come they give us an option to send application by email, yet not able to fill up the form in soft copy...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:14 am

EvanLee wrote:
M wrote:

Yup, you are right. That is why I am asking this question, whether anyone out there is able to download the application form and fill it up in soft copy, because it is in PDF format, and I am not able to do so.

Thanks for your suggestion, M. I was just wondering how come they give us an option to send application by email, yet not able to fill up the form in soft copy...
Evan, it's in DOC format. Try again. :cool:

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:36 am

Thx M! Ani tips for us? :wink:

I tink u have to follow the instruction strictly... that is, cover letter and application form plus a full length photo... they have good reaons for asking that..

U still have time to send in everithing nicely and perfectly.. Dun rush into sending one that may risk being thrown aside by the busy HR personnel... there will probably be hunderds of people applying.. Send in a perfect one! If u cant email, den send by post... :D

jesslow

Are you able to download the application form?

Post by jesslow » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:37 am

Hi,

I'm not able to download the application form...anyone encounter this problem too? Isiz something to do with the DOC format? I'm really a PC idiot!! :shock:
tHiNk PoSiTiVeLy!! =)

ying

Re: Are you able to download the application form?

Post by ying » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:46 am

jesslow wrote:Hi,

I'm not able to download the application form...anyone encounter this problem too? Isiz something to do with the DOC format? I'm really a PC idiot!! :shock:
hi jesslow,

same here, i can't download the application form at all. tried the whole of afternoon and tried again just now...still can't dowload... :cry:

jesslow

Re: Are you able to download the application form?

Post by jesslow » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:54 am

ying wrote:
jesslow wrote:Hi,

hi jesslow,

same here, i can't download the application form at all. tried the whole of afternoon and tried again just now...still can't dowload... :cry:

Oh ok...maybe the IT support is still trying..becos I still saw the ex-ad of Malaysian stewardess occasionally...Hope it will be ok soon! :D
tHiNk PoSiTiVeLy!! =)