Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sothis

Silkair Recruitment

Post by Sothis » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:36 am

Hi Evan,

Mind if you could share the details of today's advert? Walk-in or send email??

Idealist

Re: Silkair Recruitment

Post by Idealist » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:45 am

Sothis wrote:Hi Evan,

Hi Sothys,

Silkair has the same ad in their website -

We are looking for female cabin crew with a combination of grace, and a warm smile to continue providing excellent and attentive service to our customers.

We offer a host of generous service benefits including:
- Free and discounted travel
- Annual wage supplement of one month's salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Attractive medical and dental benefits
- Meal, productivity and transport allowance where applicable

Requirements:
- Minimum height of 1.58m
- Minimum 3 GCE 'O' Level credits or 4 'N' Level credits including English
- Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, please email your resume, detailing your personal particulars, educational qualifications and a recent full-length photograph of yourself to: [email protected].

All applications must be received by 26 September 2005. (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 1:43 pm

Idealist wrote:

Hi Sothys,

Silkair has the same ad in their website -
Yup, Sothis, Idealist is right. Silkair has the same ad in their website.

Not sure whether SIA will still be recruiting... :???:

Sothis

Post by Sothis » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 2:03 pm

Hi Evan,

I believe that both recruitment are done independently.. So now just gotta wait for SIA to place the advert, hopefully soon. :)
EvanLee wrote: Yup, Sothis, Idealist is right. Silkair has the same ad in their website.

kuriouskat

Re: Deck & Cabin

Post by kuriouskat » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 2:04 pm

hiccup wrote:
747 wrote:greetings. i see that a few other pilots are around on this forum...haha. i am just a freshly minted second officer, on his third trip to los angeles...anyway, i have some comments on this 'thorny' issues here at hand. personally, i feel that the cabin crew are rather clique-ish and tend to operate within the confines of their own social circle (stewards, other stewardesses) at STC. No one particularly seems interested in getting to interact with staff in other divisions (eg. flight ops, station managers etc). and so far, as i have seen on overseas trips, these cabin crew are in a world of their own and truth be said, such undesirable activities mentioned are pretty dominant. i think its important applicants to careers as stewards/stewardesses consider about the lifestyles that you would be leading on flights out.
Almost airline is the same.

Refer to past messages posted by guests and members. You can see their character clearly.
All these comments are making me a little worried. i do intend to pursue a career as a stewardess but i definitely am not too hot on these activities and shennaigans going on. any cabin crew care to shed more light on this matters? thanks!

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 2:59 pm

I believe that both recruitment are done independently.. So now just gotta wait for SIA to place the advert, hopefully soon. :)
EvanLee wrote: Yup, Sothis, Idealist is right. Silkair has the same ad in their website.

Hi Sothis,

Yup, I am waiting for SIA's recruitment too... Just too anxious about it. :wink:

Vinegar

Post by Vinegar » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 3:39 pm

EvanLee wrote:

Hi Sothis,

Yup, I am waiting for SIA's recruitment too... Just too anxious about it. :wink:
Local Flight Stewards/Stewardesses
We will soon be conducting a recruitment exercise in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to receive your application.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic
Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign
languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months’ training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download this application form, fill it up and email this along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 24 September 2005 to: [email protected].

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd
C/O 03-A, SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101
Interviews will be conducted in Singapore on the weekend of 15 and 16 October 2005.

Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email.

:)

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 3:57 pm

I didnt see it in SIA's website.. Is this for real?

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 4:59 pm

EvanLee wrote:I didnt see it in SIA's website.. Is this for real?
My exact sentiments. I hope this is not some phony attempt, quite irresponsible.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:05 pm

Idealist wrote:
EvanLee wrote:I didnt see it in SIA's website.. Is this for real?
My exact sentiments. I hope this is not some phony attempt, quite irresponsible.
It is true. The advertisement is up and running on the site. Girls and boys, grab your resume and blast them! :cool:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:10 pm

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

pls click on the above to be directed to the page you're yearning for. :cool:

Hopeless

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:13 pm

M wrote:http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

pls click on the above to be directed to the page you're yearning for. :cool:
Thats weird! I went to the SIA website directly, under cabin crew appointment...but could only find the ad for Malaysian stewardesses dated 2 Jul!!! Whats happening???
Is this a prank or wat?

Juzzy

Post by Juzzy » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:31 pm

Its for real... There was a kind soul who shared the 1st hand info with us... She shdnt be called irresponsible.. instead, she desreves a Thank you!

Look out for the classified tmr... SIA ad shd be dere!

Good luck gers! :)

Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular

SIA recruitment

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:38 pm

hmm...let see tomorrow's classified then. Oh, ladies, SilkAir is also recruiting stewardesses. They advertise in TODAY paper today 16/9/05.

abastos

Requirement

Post by abastos » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 1:27 am

I would like to ask if I can join SIA with 3(A) and 1(AO) cert under the A levels criteria? My O levels got 9credits. Is it possible for me to apply? I just came out of NS and am a model currently. Will that affect in any way? A reply will be good asap. Thank you SIA-aspirants!!::)