Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fanny

Post by fanny » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 8:19 pm

oh, they do? i heard a fren hu tried applying said pte diploma dun realli stand a chance.. ? i am a pte diploma holder and i was thinking of applyig after this course i am taking in MDIS.

i meet the ht requirement, n basically no visible scars and all, but my teeth not very straight, like all are fine, only like, one tooth actually stands out more, like the jap. tooth.. does it affects?

Re: SIA

Post by Guest » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:59 pm

Hello Monagy! How did your interview go? tell us about it! :)
monagy3 wrote:I have an interview with SIA tom...im so nervous..can anybody help me prepare....I got Kicked out the first round the last time...how is the interview anyway....

Guest SIA

About private diplomas

Post by Guest SIA » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 9:39 am

fanny wrote:oh, they do? i heard a fren hu tried applying said pte diploma dun realli stand a chance.. ? i am a pte diploma holder and i was thinking of applyig after this course i am taking in MDIS.

i meet the ht requirement, n basically no visible scars and all, but my teeth not very straight, like all are fine, only like, one tooth actually stands out more, like the jap. tooth.. does it affects?

It really doesn't matter whether you've done your diploma or degree in private because it's still a diploma. MDIS is a well established institution. So, i find no problem into why you cannot be considered for flying as an air crew. As for your tooth, it really doesn't matter too. You need to be able to project yourself in the most professional way as possible but don't overdo it! It's an in between. It's good that you've no visible scars and meet the height requirement. I think you will look kinda cute with the tooth like the japs...haha... maybe they will take you in just for that....lol, just kidding....But seriously, you are fine...just apply...take alot of confidence with you and present yourself at your optimum and woaLA! you're in the job. Hope to see your name at the cabin crew personnel soon...take and care and good luck!!:)

Idealist

Re: About private diplomas

Post by Idealist » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 9:58 am

Guest SIA wrote:
fanny wrote:oh, they do? i heard a fren hu tried applying said pte diploma dun realli stand a chance.. ? i am a pte diploma holder and i was thinking of applyig after this course i am taking in MDIS.

It really doesn't matter whether you've done your diploma or degree in private because it's still a diploma. MDIS is a well established institution. So, i find no problem into why you cannot be considered for flying as an air crew. As for your tooth, it really doesn't matter too. You need to be able to project yourself in the most professional way as possible but don't overdo it! It's an in between. It's good that you've no visible scars and meet the height requirement. I think you will look kinda cute with the tooth like the japs...haha... maybe they will take you in just for that....lol, just kidding....But seriously, you are fine...just apply...take alot of confidence with you and present yourself at your optimum and woaLA! you're in the job. Hope to see your name at the cabin crew personnel soon...take and care and good luck!!:)
Hey Guest SIA,
Thanks for stroking our egos and hopefully with your sound advice, many aspiring cabin crews will attain their dream job. :D You are a very positive person and I am glad to know that you are flying for our international carrier. Good stuff, my friend! :)

TrgWing

Post by TrgWing » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:36 am

All you aspriring ambassadors out there the one thing to remember is to smile. Now I know this might sound overrated but there can never be enough emphasise on the subject. Smile..but smile genuinely. A fake smile can be spotted miles away by a trained eye.
Whne you put on a genuine smile,your body tend to relax and you can't do that with a fake smile..remember that ladies.

Now for those who smoke and drink.try to refrain from drinking the night before.A glass of wine won't hurt but no binging! Try not to smoke before you step into the room,even if you can hide the tobacco stench but your eyes will show, especially the pupils. In the long run it won't be good for your skin cos you'll be flying and you'll be experiencing different climates within short spans of time.

There have been negative perceptions abt SIA Girls but don't let that put you off. Just like other industry,there are so called 'bad apples'. Just remember you're not just an SIA Girl,you're an ambassador for your country.

Chin up,head high..poise.

and smile ladies!

Good luck to all of you and hope to see you onboard!

fanny

Re: About private diplomas

Post by fanny » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:03 am

Guest SIA wrote:

tks so much for adding so much more confidence in me.. i realli appreciate that...cos i've heard things like options will favour the local diploma more than a pte diploma, which reali discouraged mi cos i thought it is unfair to the pte diploma holders, i mean, we still spent time studying for a diploma, we stil sit for exams, its still under Cambridge, just that its a diff. sch.. but aniway, thanks so much! i really appreciate u.. mayb i can hav ur email addy or sth? =)

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:09 am

TrgWing wrote:All you aspriring ambassadors out there the one thing to remember is to smile. Now I know this might sound overrated but there can never be enough emphasise on the subject. Smile..but smile genuinely. A fake smile can be spotted miles away by a trained eye.
Whne you put on a genuine smile,your body tend to relax and you can't do that with a fake smile..remember that ladies.

Now for those who smoke and drink.try to refrain from drinking the night before.A glass of wine won't hurt but no binging! Try not to smoke before you step into the room,even if you can hide the tobacco stench but your eyes will show, especially the pupils. In the long run it won't be good for your skin because you'll be flying and you'll be experiencing different climates within short spans of time.

There have been negative perceptions abt SIA Girls but don't let that put you off. Just like other industry,there are so called 'bad apples'. Just remember you're not just an SIA Girl,you're an ambassador for your country.

Chin up,head high..poise.

and smile ladies!

Good luck to all of you and hope to see you onboard!
Hi Trg Wing,

Thank you for the tips. You know what, I'm so glad such a forum exist. I suppose it's easier to stereotype but it takes more to know someone. There are many sincere and helpful people in this forum (as evident from the encouraging responses). I feel so blessed to have cross paths with you guys, whoever you may be! :love:

Post by Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:13 pm

If im not wrong, i remember they do state that they want a local polytechnic diploma which means it must be from one of the four polytechnics in singapore,well that's what the HR usually say too after calling them up.My friend with a private diploma tried several times but she was not invited for the interview at all.

Post by Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 1:03 pm

yar i was told that too..

curious00

Post by curious00 » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 4:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:If im not wrong, i remember they do state that they want a local polytechnic diploma which means it must be from one of the four polytechnics in singapore,well that's what the HR usually say too after calling them up.My friend with a private diploma tried several times but she was not invited for the interview at all.
How about qualification from an oversea university? I just return from oz with a BSci(Hons). I did not do very well for my A levels in GP, but make it for oversea uni. Do you think i stand a chance? Thnx

Post by Guest » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 4:49 pm

is ok with a overseas degree.u just need a min of 2 a level passes to apply for the position of fa. it doesnt matter if u did badly in ur "A" levels. there is only a slight difference in the base salary...around $100.

Vinegar

Post by Vinegar » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:21 pm

I missed out the Previous intake for SIA, which is around June.. Kind of sad to find out that I have to wait till next year for the next intake. I dont really enjoy my current new job, a job that had NIL relation to my Tourism dip cert..
Looking forward to the next intake!
Anyone that has the application form for singaporean? Would really appreciate if you can email to me at [email protected]. Just hope they can KIV.
Thanks in advace. :)

RachelAw

Post by RachelAw » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:53 pm

Hi Gals..

Good news for you gals! There will be another recruitment exercise for singaporean stewardess at the end of this month! True! It's real!! My buddy told me, cos his sister is working in the HR department at STC. There are currently 2 batches of trainees already. 1 will start end of this month when the latest current batch graduated, then the next batch will start training in November.

For the recruitment this month end, the training class will only start next january if my buddy is not wrong!

So gals, await for the opening at month end and please remember to look out for it in the net or papers, dont miss it again alright!

In the meantime, what i suggest is.... take a nice full lenght pic of yourself...slim down for those who have to.... and do all the prepartion job first! PRepare yourself wll for the interview!

:):):)

Paige

Post by Paige » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:04 pm

RachelAw wrote:Hi Gals..

Good news for you gals! There will be another recruitment exercise for singaporean stewardess at the end of this month! True! It's real!! My buddy told me, because his sister is working in the HR department at STC. There are currently 2 batches of trainees already. 1 will start end of this month when the latest current batch graduated, then the next batch will start training in November.

For the recruitment this month end, the training class will only start next january if my buddy is not wrong!

So gals, await for the opening at month end and please remember to look out for it in the net or papers, dont miss it again alright!

In the meantime, what i suggest is.... take a nice full lenght pic of yourself...slim down for those who have to.... and do all the prepartion job first! PRepare yourself wll for the interview!

:):):)
Hey Rachel,

thanks for the GOOD NEWS!! :D
Really looking forward for their recruitment ad to come out...

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

Belle07

Advanced Diploma?

Post by Belle07 » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:17 pm

Hi everyone..

Im an Advanced Diploma holder from MDIS. I wished to apply for the FA position. Do u think its advisable for me to try? Pls give me urthoughts on tis...Thanks. God Bless