Singapore Expats Forum

An Alsatian looking to move to Sing, in IT / finance

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Bern

An Alsatian looking to move to Sing, in IT / finance

Postby Bern » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 5:28 am

I guess this question has been asked a zillion time but here I go...

After living in the US, Canada, France and I am looking into moving to Singapore, I really liked it there on my last stop.

However, I never really looked into how to move there, jobwise. I guess the ideal scenario is working for a company that will send you there but it's not really possible in my case.

So being Alsatian, hmm French, okay European how long can I stay there to look for a job? I guess it's only a month and that I would be on a tourist visa right?

Anyway, a little bit about my background, I am a Software Engineer who worked mostly on financial application developpement. I also have an MBA in finance and international business.

So my ideal position would be with an IT company selling finance applications and trying to expand more into Asia.

Any help (contacts, best HH for my case.. advices ) would be MOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEE than REEEALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY appreciated and rewarded by some smelly alsatian cheese :-)

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 2:23 pm

I think that bringing in that cheese would be definitely more risky than coming without a job... :wink:

More seriously, I can't help you much, but have you tried this?
http://www.fccsingapore.com/
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant