Singapore Expats

Oily skin

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
shirllin
Regular
Regular

Oily skin

Post by shirllin » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:12 pm

HI,

I have an oily skin thus making my face prone to pimples....does anyone have any advice on how to regulate it? Another thing....I also have enlarged pores.....I used to use warm water to wash my face but change to cold now....anyone have suggestions on refining pores as well? Thnks...

Sincerely,
Shirllin
Last edited by shirllin on Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

terrie

Post by terrie » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:22 pm

okay....make sure you have a good cleanser, toner...etc
since you are prone to pimples don't touch your face
wash your face twice a day, other than that, when it get oily, splash water on your face or use blotting paper.
for pimples you can get acne creams...there are many in the market
it alot of fruits and vegetables to maintain good skin
you can try doing DIY facials, but be careful when you experiment

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:32 pm

Dear Terrie,

Thnks a million for your suggestions....yes I have a good cleanser and acne cream....which keeps most of the pimples at bay....yes I do wash twice daily....yes I don't touch my face....yes I eat a lot of fruits and vegetable because I like them instead of meat.....not thinking of DIY facials....my face is quite ok except that it is still oily....any other suggestions to regulate my oily skin?

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

terrie

Post by terrie » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:47 pm

juice is good (make your own with a juice machine)
a colon cleanse can help the skin by ridding the body of toxins
do not drink coffee, alcohol, soda pop, other junk food drinks...or atleast cut down on it :)
use stress relief like going for walks in the park
get sleep
exercise light to moderate amounts
do not smoke it has bad effects on the skin and entire body

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

basic beauty

Post by kk_lass » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 3:55 am

It is stated that beauty starts from thorough cleansing..
I guess you need to have good removal, cleanser and toning moisturiser. It is the basic.. do not forgot toning moisturiser.. Doesn't meant oily skin has no need of moisturiser.. That is why find a good one which is suitable for oily skin as well..

Do you wear makeup?? Maybe cut down on makeup if you have acne.. as it is better to let the skin to breathe.. Acne skin or oily skin can also be resulted from the makeup u use.. or whether you have cleanse it well ..etc Plus acne can also be resulted from ur diet and lifestyle.. U will know it is the later one if you still have acnes after being diligent in ur cleansing.

Just take note: It is natural to have oil in ur face.. just occasionally use blotter or tissue.. (dun use too often, as our skin still need oil) as long as the oil does not cause blockage in ur pores or cause blackhead in ur nose.. then these oil are necessarily to protect ur face..

My inputs.. Hope this helps! :D
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less

Trinitiz

Oily skin?

Post by Trinitiz » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 3:10 pm

Hi!

KPO a bit in this thread.

I used to suffer from oily skin too with very bad acne. Spend thousands on various treatments eg, beauty salons like A*****, B******, H****, AHA treatments, IPL sessions but all with no avail. :(

Recently , I have started taken to Diane 35 and it's absolutely fab! It really helps in clearing my zits and face and reducing oiliness drastically! I'm absolutely delighted with the results!

For those who are more reluctant to resort to medication, La Mer's Oil Absorbing lotion is a fantastic product in curbing oil production. Light in texture, it curbs oil production and skin feels matt and soft for whole day. Downside is the very expensive price..But this is one product that is really value for money! :wink:

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 5:53 pm

Dear Trinitiz,

Thnks for the info....May I know how long have u been using the lotion and how much does it costs? Maybe I would like to try it since u said that it is effective in curbing oil production........ :(

Regards,
Shirllin

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Alfalfa » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 6:03 pm

Dear Shirlin check out the website ..

www.cosmeticscop.com...

I think that you might get some useful information from there.

Please do not blot your face .. cause it wil only generate more oil.
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 6:19 pm

Dear kk_lass,

Thnks for your advice....nope I do not use makeup as yet but soon......will take note....

Regards,
Shirllin

Dear Alfafa,

Thnks for the website....checking it out....

Regards,
Shirllin

kk_lass
Reporter
Reporter

Post by kk_lass » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:51 am

Actually there is a Beauty workshop this thursday evening.. but a pity i will be flying overaseas.. otherwise i will have attended it .. Maybe next time. If you r keen to attend too .. can just PM me.. will update u if there is any other workshop ..
LEVERAGE ~ The ability to do MORE and MORE with less and less