Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 6:24 pm

when is the next intake lynnLai?Thanks

Belle07

Hi Lynne..

Post by Belle07 » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 9:23 pm

Hi ger...Whens the next intake for FA? And is there any stewardess or do u know of any who is not a local diploma holder? I mean from private institution? Will SIA accept private diploma holder?

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:37 pm

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:54 am

It maybe juz her mental problem... I have seen for myself a rather fat SIA ger in the airport juz a few mths back...

She had such a heavy bottom!! Nevertheless, she has a sweet smile...

fyi, SIA actuallie prefers gers with some flesh... definitely not thin! Can read the previous posts in this thread and u will noe... hw one ger got kicked out of the kebabya round coz she was too thin...

juliana

Post by juliana » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:59 am

Anonymous wrote:It maybe juz her mental problem... I have seen for myself a rather fat SIA ger in the airport juz a few mths back...

fyi, SIA actuallie prefers girls with some flesh... definitely not thin! Can read the previous posts in this thread and u will know... hw one ger got kicked out of the kebabya round because she was too thin...
i agreed. it is just the girl's problem. i am a frequent flyer with SIA and saw quite a few girls who are fleshly and big-boned. and some are heavy-bottom.

and i think that if the girls are too thin, they won't look good in the kebaya. they must have the boobs and butt to fill in the kebaya.
i am pretty sure if patricia mok was to wear the kebaya, she will look awful cos she too skinny and SIA will reject her ! ;)

Cashf1ow

You don't need any money to start making money online!

Post by Cashf1ow » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 2:28 am

YOU DON'T NEED ANY CAPITAL OR MONEY INVOLVEMENT TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE!

Do you believe?

If you don't, then you might have missed out some money making opportunities!

With the latest trend, you can start making money online without any need of money to generate more money!

To find out more, select any of the websites below:
https://www.quickinfo247.com/9062889/free
http://www32.websamba.com/online_shopping

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 3:02 am

Anonymous wrote:It maybe juz her mental problem... I have seen for myself a rather fat SIA ger in the airport juz a few mths back...

fyi, SIA actuallie prefers girls with some flesh... definitely not thin! Can read the previous posts in this thread and u will know... hw one ger got kicked out of the kebabya round because she was too thin...
yup! SIA take in all shapes and sizes of girls as stewardess. and won't want too thin girls to wear the kebaya.
these have been discuss in the posts in the forum, so pls take some time and read the post and u will know. being too thin will get rejected during kebaya round.

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 7:43 am

Anonymous wrote:

yup! SIA take in all shapes and sizes of girls as stewardess. and won't want too thin girls to wear the kebaya.
these have been discuss in the posts in the forum, so pls take some time and read the post and u will know. being too thin will get rejected during kebaya round.

but hw do u define thin gal?

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 9:49 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

but hw do u define thin girl?
I think you must be curvaceous, where you look curvy with uiniform. You must look healthy too, isnt it? If you look too weak, how would you be able to help with the luggages?

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:49 am

when is the next intake anyone?

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:25 pm

LynneLai wrote:hihi.... to all!

My e-mail address is [email protected]..... Those who are interested to e-mail me to solve your long doubted queries, u can e-mail me. But sorry, I dont usually add people, other than friends, in my MSN... Hope u guys understand, I am sorry.. :)

Erm.... as to the question of height again... Most people are asking whether 157 or 156 can get in annot, and what are the chances like... I cant say that u have 0 chances at all, but I cant tell u that u sure get in some day... because I don't know, i really don't know.... Yes, though i am one with only 156cm in height and very luckily managed to join SQ... i still don't know how the interviewer choose and what they look out for, seriously i can tell you that.... it's pure luck...the interviewer that you bump into that interview day.... Pray that the lady luck shines for all of you girls!

As for the age thing, as i mentioned previously, my colleague's buddy is coming 29 this year... and she belongs to the same batch as me, we merely just flew for 6 months, just receive confirmation from SQ... meaning that she is already 28 when she was selected.... so as long as u are 29 and below... dont think there should be any problem, but of because, u have to maintain ur look, complexion and figure ya...

erm...height, age... what else.... salary? Oh yes.... the basic is $1.1K, $1.3K and $1.4K... for trainee stewardess, probation stewardess and after confirmation respectively. Flight allowances varies from $150 for turn around flight to $1500 for 7 days flights... depending....
So depending how often u fly a month... that will determine ur salary... usual range from $3600 to $4800... but i once heard my colleague, who take home $6800! She is very hardworking ya! In addition to the aboav, we also have IFA (In FLight Allowance, which is calculated on per hour basis), uniform allowances and tranportation allowances as well....

:)
Hi Lynne, do you happen to know if the interviewers look at BMI? N if so what is the range? Because I belong to the BMI of 16, which might be too thin, although I dont look like one.

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:40 pm

16 sounds very low... i am 18 or 17.8 but my frenz already say i am too thin.... but i tink so long as u look ok, shdnt be a prob....

Post by Guest » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:16 sounds very low... i am 18 or 17.8 but my frenz already say i am too thin.... but i tink so long as u look ok, shdnt be a prob....
Sigh.. my BMI is 22.. Guess I need to work harder to slim down huh...

Guest_

Post by Guest_ » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 1:40 pm

Did anyone go through the final 2 interviews - upper management interview as well as the tea party?? Please share your experiences as well as the questions and answers that were brought up during that meeting. I heard that real live scenarios were painted out then and interviewees were asked to relate or to resolve the problem. Is that true? What were some of the questions asked??

silvr

Post by silvr » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 2:14 pm

stonekool wrote:Hi Lynnelai,
I can understand the frustration you had with that passenger. Honestly speaking, you should not even care about people like that because they think a hell of themselves just because they are paying for the service. And like anyone would say; arrogance is ignorance (and in this case to your feelings).

Who knows, that passenger may be a bit mental. I mean who in their right mind would insist on having Japanese food when they should accept the food that they are entitled to.

Anyways, looks like you are enjoying your long haul flts, wish I could be there man. :D

Anyways, enjoy your next flt on behalf of all of us aspiring to be there.

Cheerios,
Stone
''Honestly speaking, you should not even care about people like that because they think a hell of themselves just because they are paying for the service. ''

should not care about them? are you sure? then you should think twice into being a flight steward or applying for one even, because you are not really that service oriented. I'm not saying that all passagers are right, but mind you, they are the ones contributing to your so called 'highly paid job' as a flight steward. You still have a long way to mould your mentality.