Singapore Expats

What do people eat for lunch?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Weight Watcher

What do people eat for lunch?

Post by Weight Watcher » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 9:49 am

Hi people I need some advise or suggestions.

I've been in Singapore now for nearly a year and I have gained at least 10 kgs since I have been here. I have become really lazy in doing exercise and not eating correctly. :cry:

So I've set a goal to lose the 10 kgs I have gained. I have started to exercise, however, I still need to eat correctly. I want to change my eating habits as in not eating the usual rice or noodles for lunch. I like eating sandwiches but it's rare to find a really good sandwich shop here in Singapore.

So I need alternative suggestions for what I can eat for lunch?

Thanks. :)

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:28 am

dont' starve yourself. that's what these "dieters" always do. it'll only make you sick, and then one can lose the pounds hehe

take your breakfast, and your lunch. ensure it's balanced diet. DO NOT take heavy dinner, as demanded by tradition. fruits if you feel hungry, and it's okay...

worked for me for so many years.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

SwingMonkey

Subway....

Post by SwingMonkey » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:12 am

Simple answer for lunch is... Subway....

The simple reason being, it's very easy to find out exactly whats going into the sandwich. You can lose the bread and make it a salad to drop the carbs.

As an example, a foot-long Roast Beef with Yellow Mustard and all the veggies (no capsicum... like it but not on a sandwich) comes in at just on 600 Calories with under 6 grams of Fat.

And yes, it works. I've lost 14Kg in the last 12 weeks :P
Putting the 'fun' back in Dys-FUN-ctional :P

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 3:45 pm

Have you ever tried mushrooms and tomato grill? Grill your mushrooms first with a teaspoonful of pure virgin cold pressed olive oil. Grill your tomatoes next without any fat. Mix the two together add sea salt and coarsely ground fresh pepper. Use this as a topping for your freshly toasted freshly baked wholemeal bread slices, only two please.

This has about 200 calories and can't be that fattening!! There is no cheese or meat or fish in this topping. It is strictly for those who are not only weight concious but alos health concious :D

samantha
Chatter
Chatter

Post by samantha » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 9:59 pm

I still think excercising is the best method..

Dieting if done wrongly will lead you to no where... :wink:
I'm so stupid that I surprise myself sometimes...

skinny2

Post by skinny2 » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:27 am

samantha wrote:I still think excercising is the best method..

Dieting if done wrongly will lead you to no where... :wink:
I agreewith you, Sam :D