Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 6:21 pm

hihi... :D

I'm back! :???: so tired..seeing stars haha!!!!!

I didnt really go and read the previous entries, should anyone of you drop me any messages....

Mind to drop message me again....thank cute!!!!!!!

Am just back from Amsterdam...

Met a very rude passenger in flight though....

There was this lady sitting right in front in the economy class... she dropped her blanket on the ground... she pressed the button to call for Stewardess... I was in charge of her row then, i went over immediately... she looked at me then looked at the blanket... I knew what she meant, so i bent down and put it up for her... still have to smile at her... and say... there your blanket mdm... she look away and continue watching her movie....

Seriously I was kind of pissed off!!!!!!! But what to do...kept quiet and walked away... and let it out later with my colleagues! Phewwwwwww....

Then same passenger again, during dinner time, we have italian and western food.... Spagahetti Cheese and Chicken... she told me she dont feel like eating both and wanted Japanese food instead... when i told her we dont have Jap food but willing to offer her with other choices she insisted that she wanted jap food and only jap food! She even insisted that the first class passengers having jap food and she wanted jap food as well!!!!!! Gosh! This woman really getting on my nerves!!! Ahhhhhhh!

After much persuasion.... even having the leading Stewardess coming to calm her down she accepted her dinner with baked rice with some dory fish!

Haiz.....

Just to share with pple here my irritating encounter during my latest flight!

:x

LynneLai

Post by LynneLai » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 6:24 pm

Oops...forgot to drop my username for the previous entry.... really too tired ha!!!

Lynne here! Hope the next flight is better for me!

A long flight next! 7 days! From Singapore to Hong Kong then to San Francsico and back to Hong kOng again before step down in SIngapore again!

Wish me luck!

stonekool

Post by stonekool » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 7:26 pm

Hi Lynnelai,
I can understand the frustration you had with that passenger. Honestly speaking, you should not even care about people like that cos they think a hell of themselves just because they are paying for the service. And like anyone would say; arrogance is ignorance (and in this case to your feelings).

Who knows, that passenger may be a bit mental. I mean who in their right mind would insist on having Japanese food when they should accept the food that they are entitled to.

Anyways, looks like you are enjoying your long haul flts, wish I could be there man. :D

Anyways, enjoy your next flt on behalf of all of us aspiring to be there.

Cheerios,
Stone

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:15 pm

LynneLai wrote:Oops...forgot to drop my username for the previous entry.... really too tired ha!!!

A long flight next! 7 days! From Singapore to Hong Kong then to San Francsico and back to Hong kOng again before step down in SIngapore again!

Wish me luck!
Hi Lynne,

Welcome bk.. Can you add me in ur msn or drop me an email?? I have some qns to ask u...
my email is [email protected]
Hope to hear from you soon...

Cheers!
:)

Belle07

Hi Lynne

Post by Belle07 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:13 pm

Hi ger! I hoped to get in touch wit u coz theres a lot of questions i need to ask u. Nway, i hav previously ask to be added to ur MSN. But im not sure if u hav done so.. I really hoped to contact u by MSN. Kindly update me of my request ya...Thanks a lot.. :wink:

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:i sent my application in 2 days ago and i wonder if they will even call me.
because i don't know if they wld answer cold letters like this.

:???:
Hi, did u email or sent by mail?

logo

Post by logo » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:21 pm

i'm not trying to be a wet blanket here...
but i understand some ladies here are concerned about not meeting the height requirement.Like 155-157.

To be frank,the chances are almost hitting 0% of becoming an air stewardess.I mean,instead of dreaming to become an FA,there ar emany other jobs that you can work!If you like to travel,there are some jobs that have frequent overseas posting here and then,it doesnt have to be a cabin crew to do that!think of it another way,maybe it's not fated to become an air stewardess in ur life!!There are many other things in life u can accomplish!!

i cant stop people from having the dream of becoming an air stewardess.
But eventually,will move on to other directions in life..

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:40 pm

logo wrote:i'm not trying to be a wet blanket here...
but i understand some ladies here are concerned about not meeting the height requirement.Like 155-157.

To be frank,the chances are almost hitting 0% of becoming an air stewardess.I mean,instead of dreaming to become an FA,there ar emany other jobs that you can work!If you like to travel,there are some jobs that have frequent overseas posting here and then,it doesnt have to be a cabin crew to do that!think of it another way,maybe it's not fated to become an air stewardess in ur life!!There are many other things in life u can accomplish!!

i cant stop people from having the dream of becoming an air stewardess.
But eventually,will move on to other directions in life..
ya, chances are slim... but there are stories abt gals standing at 156-157 got in too. Juz gotta be lucky, i guess. My advice is, never try never know. of cos, be mentally prepared that you might fail.

but then i agreed with u logo. there are many other meaning jobs we can work other than cabin crews.

so cheer up, gals! :lol:

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:07 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:i sent my application in 2 days ago and i wonder if they will even call me.
because i don't know if they wld answer cold letters like this.

:???:
Hi, did u email or sent by mail?
i sent in by post.

BabyCarrot

Post by BabyCarrot » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:48 am

hi all, im new here.

i would like to ask those who got in SIA, a few question.

i was shorlisted for the 11th sept interview in kl. may i noe is there any situation or problem solving question in second round? im really nervous here. i hope some ppl help me out. plzz. thxs.

WONDER

Post by WONDER » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:49 pm

BabyCarrot wrote:hi all, im new here.

i was shorlisted for the 11th sept interview in kl. may i know is there any situation or problem solving question in second round? im really nervous here. i hope some ppl help me out. plzz. thxs.
SORRY R U SINGAPORE?

wondering

Post by wondering » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:54 pm

LynneLai wrote:Oops...forgot to drop my username for the previous entry.... really too tired ha!!!

Wish me luck!

HI,

sorry do you have any idea if i got about a year cabin crew experience but my height is about 157cm.do you think they will wan me?

Post by Guest » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 1:10 pm

is the sept 11 interview only held in msia/kl?

THanks

BabyCarrot

Post by BabyCarrot » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 5:05 pm

WONDER wrote:
BabyCarrot wrote:hi all, im new here.

i was shorlisted for the 11th sept interview in kl. may i know is there any situation or problem solving question in second round? im really nervous here. i hope some ppl help me out. plzz. thxs.
SORRY R U SINGAPORE?
nope. im malaysian. thats y i was asked to attent kl interview.

can anyone help me out? plz.

LynneLai

Post by LynneLai » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 5:53 pm

hihi.... to all!

My e-mail address is [email protected]..... Those who are interested to e-mail me to solve your long doubted queries, u can e-mail me. But sorry, I dont usually add people, other than friends, in my MSN... Hope u guys understand, I am sorry.. :)

Erm.... as to the question of height again... Most people are asking whether 157 or 156 can get in annot, and what are the chances like... I cant say that u have 0 chances at all, but I cant tell u that u sure get in some day... cos I dunno, i really dunno.... Yes, though i am one with only 156cm in height and very luckily managed to join SQ... i still dunno how the interviewer choose and what they look out for, seriously i can tell you that.... it's pure luck...the interviewer that you bump into that interview day.... Pray that the lady luck shines for all of you girls!

As for the age thing, as i mentioned previously, my colleague's buddy is coming 29 this year... and she belongs to the same batch as me, we merely just flew for 6 months, just receive confirmation from SQ... meaning that she is already 28 when she was selected.... so as long as u are 29 and below... dont think there should be any problem, but of cos, u have to maintain ur look, complexion and figure ya...

erm...height, age... what else.... salary? Oh yes.... the basic is $1.1K, $1.3K and $1.4K... for trainee stewardess, probation stewardess and after confirmation respectively. Flight allowances varies from $150 for turn around flight to $1500 for 7 days flights... depending....
So depending how often u fly a month... that will determine ur salary... usual range from $3600 to $4800... but i once heard my colleague, who take home $6800! She is very hardworking ya! In addition to the aboav, we also have IFA (In FLight Allowance, which is calculated on per hour basis), uniform allowances and tranportation allowances as well....