Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:52 pm

its mi who posted the second url... got it from this exact thread but on another page.. 71 i tink...

My intention is to encourage the gers here....
bottom line is, anione can get in... nothing is impossible.. looks is juz secondary... pls understd that.... but if ani gers wanna criticise, go ahead.. but do so onli if u got in! if not, u r making a fool of yurself.. sounding lek sour grapes!?

Do something to improve and upgrade yurself! if nt, u will neva match up to the gers u called horrible in the pics!

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 6:45 pm

Violet wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Hi LynneLai

Congrats on being a Singapore Girl. Nway, i hav lots of question to ask u. Hoped that u could add me to ur msn. Here's [email protected]. I really hoped to chat wit u soon. Thanks
yeah yeah...can u add me too because i wan to know something...regarding the height problem.Look forward to your [email protected]
Hi Lynne,

Please add me in ur msn @ [email protected] to ask u abt the height thingy.
Hope to hear frm u soon...

Cheers! :wink:

CCwannabe

Post by CCwannabe » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 7:36 pm

Idealist wrote:If selected to be part of SIA crew, I'm sure you'll be able to find good friends, perhaps even life-long ones! The only challenge is to maintain the friendships as you'll be flying with different teams most times. I think we shouldn't focus so much on what goes behind the scenes and should cross the bridge when you get there. If your primary intention is to fly, then you should set your goals on that. The rest is ancillary. Politics not only happen in SIA but anywhere else also.. Forming judgements on hearsay provide a myopic viewpoint. Keep your mind open, you'll never know if the best part of your life is about to unfold by working there. If the opposite happens, at least you know you've tried. Don't sweat the small stuff ya! :)
Well said my friend!! =D>

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:32 am

Hi Vinnie,

Maybe i share with you abit about height. Can see you are quite kan chiong about it.

The bottomline, i feel, it is the entire package, really height is just one of the many factors.

I would suppose if you ae 156 and have the "Xfactor" in general, youve still got a good chance of getting pass the height measurement that leads to the various other stages.

So, dont focus so much on that ONE factor that you feel you may be lacking in. Concentrate on getting shortlisted during the next intake. Tackle one stage at a time OK?

I feel that for those who are borderline case for height, this "writing in" format is better than the previous "walk in" format. I guess for "walk in" format, you are immediately declined of a chance to even get into first stage, the moment your height is not up to par. But "writing in" format, once you are invited down, they wont chase you out after the height measurement. They will still allow you to go through the 1st stage (which is the group interview). So if they judge that you are really good during this first stage, they will close one eye about your height and let you pass to 2nd stage. Of course theres still height measurement in kebaya round, and same thing goes. If your Xfactor strongly overpowers the slight miss in height, why wont they take you?

My personal opinion OK?

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:39 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi Vinnie,

Maybe i share with you abit about height. Can see you are quite kan chiong about it.

The bottomline, i feel, it is the entire package, really height is just one of the many factors.

I would suppose if you ae 156 and have the "Xfactor" in general, youve still got a good chance of getting pass the height measurement that leads to the various other stages.

So, dont focus so much on that ONE factor that you feel you may be lacking in. Concentrate on getting shortlisted during the next intake. Tackle one stage at a time OK?

I feel that for those who are borderline case for height, this "writing in" format is better than the previous "walk in" format. I guess for "walk in" format, you are immediately declined of a chance to even get into first stage, the moment your height is not up to par. But "writing in" format, once you are invited down, they wont chase you out after the height measurement. They will still allow you to go through the 1st stage (which is the group interview). So if they judge that you are really good during this first stage, they will close one eye about your height and let you pass to 2nd stage. Of course theres still height measurement in kebaya round, and same thing goes. If your Xfactor strongly overpowers the slight miss in height, why wont they take you?

My personal opinion OK?
I had experience twice being rejected after measuring my height @ 156cm... And both times I was shortlisted...

:(

Guest4

Post by Guest4 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 9:25 am

Hi Gals...

There is something I wana share with you....
According to reliable resources, SQ actually have a blacklist for those who applied for many times... How many times? im not sure... coz it was the HR who will pass the list to the interviewers, who are the sometimes senior cabin crew oso..As for those we applied many times and gt in... it's either lucky that they are not in the list YET? or those old intakes i guess?
Just fyi...

Good Luck Gal...

Cheers!
:wink:

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:06 am

Guest4 wrote:Hi Gals...

There is something I wana share with you....
According to reliable resources, SQ actually have a blacklist for those who applied for many times... How many times? im not sure... because it was the HR who will pass the list to the interviewers, who are the sometimes senior cabin crew oso..As for those we applied many times and gt in... it's either lucky that they are not in the list YET? or those old intakes i guess?
Just fyi...

Good Luck girl...

Cheers!
:wink:
Hi...

I've also got a very reliable source... My friend currently in SQ, met a colleage that tried 14 times! Thrgh her "nvr give up" attitude, she finally got it. Thumbs up! 8)

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:23 am

Anonymous wrote:

My personal opinion OK?
I had experience twice being rejected after measuring my height @ 156cm... And both times I was shortlisted...

Gal, were you at least given a chance to go for first round on both occasions?

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:28 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

My personal opinion OK?

girl, were you at least given a chance to go for first round on both occasions?
nope.. after they measure the height, theya sk me to leave liao..

:cry:

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:21 pm

Was that during walk-in or write-in?

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:Was that during walk-in or write-in?
Should be write in. Cause she mentioned she was shortlisted.

Okay then. Then it should be based on luck already. Of course, can try what someone mentioned, which is to be very polite to ask for a chance, saying that youve always been measured a particular height.

Sorry cant help much....

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:Was that during walk-in or write-in?
both.. once was walk-in and the other time was write-in..

:cry:

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:59 pm

i sent my application in 2 days ago and i wonder if they will even call me.
Coz i dunno if they wld answer cold letters like this.

:???:

Quriouscat

why

Post by Quriouscat » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 2:53 pm

I still don't understand why so many of you want to be a FA? most said they wanna see the world but the world aint that interesting and being a FA u'll miss alot of stuff that normal people do so why?

Re: why

Post by Guest » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 5:08 pm

Quriouscat wrote:I still don't understand why so many of you want to be a FA? most said they want to see the world but the world aint that interesting and being a FA u'll miss alot of stuff that normal people do so why?

to each his own ok?