Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vidia
Regular
Regular

Post by vidia » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 7:38 pm

Wa, wa! Way to go Shirrlin! As for me, after a year of watching BW I can useful things like "tere kurti sexy lagti hai!" and "mere tumse pyar kartar!" (sp? grammar?)

ps tiramisu cake sounds FAB! When's the next party?!!

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 8:50 pm

Dear Vidia & All,

Thnks for the encouragement....well.....glad to hear that my tiramisu is welcome......n I hope that I won't disappoint you guys(or girls)......

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 9:24 am

vidia wrote:Wa, wa! Way to go Shirrlin! As for me, after a year of watching BW I can useful things like "tere kurti sexy lagti hai!" and "mere tumse pyar kartar!" (sp? grammar?)

Lol, for a Chinese, you aren't doing too bad vidia. :wink:

Will plan something soon.. if hubby manages to stay in town at all! This time at my place. Although, I distinctly remember Psy had offered too. Now of course he's MIA. :roll:

Shirllin, don't worry, the objective is to meet and not to evaluate each other's cooking skills. If it helps, I hate cooking!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:37 pm

Shirllin,

umm...Tiramisu ...my mouth's watering already.... :P ...looking forward to that....

Sapph - the Bombay Cafe is not a branch of the B'lore one. This is something else. If you go there, do not try all the designer stuff...stick the normal chaats...they are great. Would recommend that you try it out.

Metro ...have a good trip back home and have fun with the little one. Our regards to Metrogal too !!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 8:11 pm

Hi Sab,

Thanks a lot. See you guys soon. :D

Cheers..
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:36 pm

vidia wrote:Wa, wa! Way to go Shirrlin! As for me, after a year of watching BW I can useful things like "tere kurti sexy lagti hai!" and "mere tumse pyar kartar!" (sp? grammar?)

Dear Vidia,

Are you a Singaporean chinese? So how long have you been watching hindi films?

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Post by psychedelic » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:10 pm

Hi All,

Have been travelling these last few days.. In fact am in Jakarta right now..

So Sapphire -- MIA sure does describe me...

Will be getting back on Thursday.. But I'll be off to Shanghai next week & Thailand the week after that...

So I'll be back to being MIA again..

Maybe we can get together this weekend..

Venu: Have a great trip home & congratulations once again.

Ciao
Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:47 am

Metroguy, have fun at home, eat all the good food for me.

Sabrina, will check out the chaats if I ever go to that part of town, pretty unlikely.

Shirllin, not sure since how long vidia has been watching Hindi movies, but she has watched LOTS!! Far more than I would ever. :D

Psy, hubby will also be in Shanghai next week, maybe you two can hook up there. When exactly will you be there?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 1:29 pm

Hi Psy & Sapp,

Thank you. I'm sure I'll put on few pounds.

Cheers..

YOGI

Hi sapphire

Post by YOGI » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 2:06 pm

Hi all you guys,
New in Town and looking to make friends, advertising thread doesn't seem to be picking up, so i decided to check out other threads, We could have a party at my place. I live on Balestier road. Anyone got suggestions

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Post by guruvishwanath » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 2:10 pm

metro mate!

congratulations, pops! :) if it feels like something just hit you :shock: and you are seeing :???: and yet your grin looks kinda like :D and very goofy! then, my friend, you are a father.

best wishes and pictures would be mucho appreciatad!

i have been on the road and just returned this morning. some good food is lacking and was wondering if any plans are afoot for a makan sutra?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 2:34 pm

Yogi, slow down, you're going too fast. :wink:
My advice, go to the WNDC tonite, you'll meet some nice people, and take it from there...

guest11

RE:location of Bombay Cafe.

Post by guest11 » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:26 pm

Hi Sabrina77,

Sure the web site is well done. What's u r take on the food? You guys are fast in replies! Thanks a ton.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:45 pm

Dear Sapphire,

I keep on seeing that many of the people are away....out of the country travelling around....is it a job requirement or just for touring?......Just curious....Shanghai?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 3:58 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:metro mate!

congratulations, pops! :) if it feels like something just hit you :shock: and you are seeing :???: and yet your grin looks kinda like :D and very goofy! then, my friend, you are a father.

best wishes and pictures would be mucho appreciatad!

i have been on the road and just returned this morning. some good food is lacking and was wondering if any plans are afoot for a makan sutra?
Thanks mate.. see you soon. and btw, singapore is a food paradise.. I recommend Heritage on Bt Timah Rd @ Sixth Ave Shopping centre. Fantastic food. enjoy... :D