Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 4:47 pm

those gers in the photos could be msian.. As sia adores msian... since they can work harder and complain less... Its not surprising at all that those gers got in...

what to expect from a tea party?

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:01 pm

as above. so what to expect from a tea party? what are we supposed to talk abt?

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:27 pm

Dun think there is anything specific to tok abt... Juz to see how u interact and work in a group...Be yurself!

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:30 pm

Here is another group of SQ gers and guys...

http://www.terrence.myonlineportal.com/gallery.htm

Both stewards and stewardess are much better looking.. Some are really sweet and pretty with gd figures!!

So, it reallie depends on yur luck... different recruiters like different type of gers!

Gd luck!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:35 pm

One point to take note.. one of the gers was even wearing braces during the training!!!!

Gers, go for it!
If u dun try, u NEVA noe!!

Breakfast

what the heck?

Post by Breakfast » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 7:42 pm

:? Oh my god!!!I cant believe the gals in the picture are SIA gals.One of them looked so...normal.She is below average.What standart is there man???

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 7:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:One point to take note.. one of the girls was even wearing braces during the training!!!!

girls, go for it!
If u dun try, u NEVA know!!
really? invisible or metal braces? she must be veri lucky. sometimes, it really depend on how much the interviewer likes u..

reenita

Post by reenita » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 9:20 pm

i just dont understand why are some people are so insensitive and ignorant to the fact that it is an air stewardess job...looks are really secondary...and they focus on personality,warmth and really--> that inviting smile that a person has!this is not a Miss Universe pagent!Even in Miss Universe if u are drop dead gorgeous but have a brain size of a nut..then ure out!People be more sensitive as this girls could be someone who views the forum as well!

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 2:58 am

Anonymous wrote:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/woohoo123 ... 75&.src=ph

if all these girls in the photos can be SIA cabin crews, anyone can be! the girls in the photos aren't exactly beauties!

good luck!!!!

it's not very nice to post the url of those sia cabin crew who blogs and post it here and say that they are not beautiful so on and so forth.They have what it takes to be in SQ,else they would be selected.because 80% of the ladies in the photos are my friends,so critize yourself first before doing it to the others.For those who commented badly on the ladies in the pics,you think you have what it takes to be in SQ?Sorry,absolutely not.Else you people won't be trying so many times to get in,yet w/o success.

juu

Post by juu » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 3:12 am

Anonymous wrote:

if all these girls in the photos can be SIA cabin crews, anyone can be! the girls in the photos aren't exactly beauties!

good luck!!!!

it's not very nice to post the url of those sia cabin crew who blogs and post it here and say that they are not beautiful so on and so forth.They have what it takes to be in SQ,else they would be selected.because 80% of the ladies in the photos are my friends,so critize yourself first before doing it to the others.For those who commented badly on the ladies in the pics,you think you have what it takes to be in SQ?Sorry,absolutely not.Else you people won't be trying so many times to get in,yet w/o success.
agree, shouldn't post up the photos, it is not very in good character of that person...
but then again, internet is a very public thing and whatever u put on internet is free for all and anyone can access to it...so i would say in the internet world, there is no right or wrong.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 7:33 am

juu wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

good luck!!!!

agree, shouldn't post up the photos, it is not very in good character of that person...
but then again, internet is a very public thing and whatever u put on internet is free for all and anyone can access to it...so i would say in the internet world, there is no right or wrong.

Does it really matter that somebody put up photographs of friends/colleagues stewardesses? What harm will it do? Have you ever looked at an SIA advert in say Business Week? Every advert features a girl or girls. I have lots of photographs of SIA cabin crew and I only travel passenger. Stewards and stewardesses accept that people will want to take their photographs from time to time - all part of the job. Whether somebody is beautiful or not is one's own personal opinion is it not?
For those of you who want to be cabin crew concentrate on people and how they behave (psychology) and you may find yourself more successful in achieving your goal even if you are not the prettiest/most handsome creature around.

CCwannabe

Post by CCwannabe » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 8:48 am

you know what?? I do ENVY them, whether they're fat, thin or ugly.. I really do.. Im gonna keep an online blog myself with pics n stuff when I get in.. I dun care if people pass crude remarks.. i know ive got the most exciting job in the world..and thats all that matters... :)

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 8:54 am

I do agree with CCWannabe. Irregardless of their physical disposition, they are indeed SIA crews and that is what counts. Enough said.

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:11 pm

Sometimes I really wonder whether the culture and the politics in SIA are really that bad? Reading from this forum, I feel that the people who posted here are generally nice people, and all of us have the common goal, i.e. to be part of SIA cabin crew and fly. I mean, nobody wants to be bullied or be treated badly, so surely we can find good friends in this line, isnt it? I have heard quite a number of stories about the culture there, and its really kinda frightening if such things really happen to me…

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:31 pm

If selected to be part of SIA crew, I'm sure you'll be able to find good friends, perhaps even life-long ones! The only challenge is to maintain the friendships as you'll be flying with different teams most times. I think we shouldn't focus so much on what goes behind the scenes and should cross the bridge when you get there. If your primary intention is to fly, then you should set your goals on that. The rest is ancillary. Politics not only happen in SIA but anywhere else also.. Forming judgements on hearsay provide a myopic viewpoint. Keep your mind open, you'll never know if the best part of your life is about to unfold by working there. If the opposite happens, at least you know you've tried. Don't sweat the small stuff ya! :)